Sponsored by:

Warranty Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2005, 08:41 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by simont53
Fucking idiot ...this is scary!
If you think this is scary, just wait a few years.
Old 10-14-2005, 09:01 PM
Aaaarrrggghhhh!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dampfnudel
If you think this is scary, just wait a few years.
You mean when he starts reproducing?? If he can figure out how that works!
Old 10-14-2005, 09:03 PM
05WDP Midlife crisis

Originally Posted by simont53
Fucking idiot ...this is scary!
let us not get nasty. Obviously just a frustrated lad whose primered Civic is still in the shop after a botched NOS owner install that went bad. Let us have pity, laugh and go on to more serious posts.
Old 10-14-2005, 10:44 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by tl_luvva
ok, i KNOW that you'r thinking I'm some stupid high schooler but i KNOW how to drive and I've done tons of donuts in other cars. I know how to spin a car and I've driven cars with traction control and know how they work (my dad's 645). i think there's definitely something wrong with the traction control in my TL and if it had been working the TL woudn't have hit the truck. so I really think that the dealer should have to fix the bumper under warranty AND fix the traction control.
damn...i think ur a dumb high schooler too!...if the dealer or parents believed ur stupid ass story then they're dumber than u!
Old 10-15-2005, 01:02 AM
Instructor

This guy's a fake! Strange that his only posts are on this thread that he started??? He's messing with all of us. Close this damn thread!

And tl_luvva
Old 10-15-2005, 04:50 AM
Instructor

Seriously, with that defective traction control you should be able to get a free upgrade to an RL and maybe they'll throw in a MDX to make sure you're happy.

The POS i had to drive when I was 18... 1983 Eagle SX-4. Yes thats correct, a 4WD car. I think of any car manufacturer in history, AMC has the longest history of manufacturing driveable birth control of any. (see also Gremlin, Pacer)

I would like to thank you for reminding me about something. When my kid someday is old enough to drive, he's gonna be buying a car with his own damn money.

You're lack of respect for yourself, your parents and anyone else around you is completely amazing.
Old 10-15-2005, 08:19 AM
Administrator

Received 1,008 Likes on 576 Posts
Originally Posted by hcekc
This guy's a fake! Strange that his only posts are on this thread that he started??? He's messing with all of us. Close this damn thread!

And tl_luvva
You want us to lock the funniest thread ever posted in 3G?

It doesn't matter if it is true or not, it is still entertainment in the highest form and lots of people are enjoying this.

So far it is one of those rare threads like this one that hasn't gotten abusive or with excessive name calling, so as long as it stays polite, it should stay open.
Old 10-15-2005, 08:27 AM
Now with i-Vtec

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Ron A
You want us to lock the funniest thread ever posted in 3G?

It doesn't matter if it is true or not, it is still entertainment in the highest form and lots of people are enjoying this.

So far it is one of those rare threads like this one that hasn't gotten abusive or with excessive name calling, so as long as it stays polite, it should stay open.

Old 10-15-2005, 10:04 AM
Instructor

Uh guys, his post was most definitely BS so relax.

Probably some guy who wanted to get a lot of you bent out of shape to have a good laugh.
Old 10-17-2005, 04:27 PM
Racer

can we get an update on what the dealer told you about the warranty? esp. if you told him about the donut thing.
Old 10-24-2005, 01:15 PM
Cruisin'

I feel pretty crappy now b/c thinkgs did NOT work out wella t the dealer.

I didn't say anything about the donuts- just said I hit somethign when the traction control failed. they ran tests and said it's working ok. i don't know how it happened but someone told the dealer that i was goofing around in the parking lot when i hit another car so the dealer said they won't fix the bumper. I'm still pissed b/c i know that the traction control wasn't working and that's what caused the problem. the stupid dealer won't work with me anymoor b/c my parents are on the title. worse yet, he called them to pick up the car and now they know that the car is defective!!

i am SOOOOOO angry now to be driving aroudn the TL with a scratch/dent in the bumper and ascrach on the door. I am so embarassed even to drive the car to school anymore. i wish i could just get rid of the car and get a new one-- the '06 G35 looks pretty sweet. Whaddya think about trading in the TL for the G?
Old 10-24-2005, 01:21 PM
Now with i-Vtec

I didn't say anything about the donuts- just said I hit somethign when the traction control failed. they ran tests and said it's working ok. i don't know how it happened but someone told the dealer that i was goofing around in the parking lot when i hit another car so the dealer said they won't fix the bumper. I'm still pissed b/c i know that the traction control wasn't working and that's what caused the problem. the stupid dealer won't work with me anymoor b/c my parents are on the title. worse yet, he called them to pick up the car and now they know that the car is defective!!

i am SOOOOOO angry now to be driving aroudn the TL with a scratch/dent in the bumper and ascrach on the door. I am so embarassed even to drive the car to school anymore. i wish i could just get rid of the car and get a new one-- the '06 G35 looks pretty sweet. Whaddya think about trading in the TL for the G?

You were OWN3D

Old 10-24-2005, 01:32 PM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

Received 1,652 Likes on 1,117 Posts
Wusssssup!!! New TL owner here

Got my new TL Monday nte---- auto/navi/anthracite+ A-SPEC! This ride is sweeeeet! I just got it tinted and was at school on Wed. when some wannabe poser in a modded IS starts giving me crap about FWD, tork steer-- whatever! He's got 4 of his friends with him and they start going off about how I couldn't even do donuts in the TL. The driver (who's a total tool) shows off his IS and does a couple of spins in the parking lot. i know its kinda hard to do donuts in a FWD but I've been to driving school and I know I have a lot more skills than you're average driver. so I floor the TL and get up to about 40 (i luv this engine!!!!) I lay on the e-break and the tail goes out and I get into a nice spin. I punch up the engine but there must have been something wrong with the accellerator 'cause the car didn't go straight and it clipped the back of some pice of crap pickup. I am so pissed!

so now the TL's got a small dent and scratch on the rear bumper. I am SOOOO peeved that the traction control obviously doesn't work but i still like the car. I don't want to tell my parents that the car is defective so I'm thinking of just getting the bumper fixed under warranty...do you guys think I should make the dealer fix the bumper or should i just return the car?

OK, so you got called out because someone was doing a stunt and the other driver said you couldn't do a donut. You don't want to be called a pu**y, so you try to repeat what the other driver did. You're 18, and that's why you made the stupid decision to do that because obviously the parking lot was crowded or at least had other cars in it.

So now you do the donuts, hit another truck, and expect to get sympathy from us? You know, we could turn your ass in for a hit-and-run. I hope you left a note on that guys window because that's what happened. That's not to mention the clean pair of underwear you're going to have to buy the IS's driver and passengers because they were pissing their pants laughing so hard.

Good luck explaining this scenario to Acura.
Old 10-24-2005, 01:50 PM
Cruisin'

no I didnt leave a note on the truck because its a piece of junk and no one cares about another dent on the bumper. i know the guy who drives the truck and he wouldnt care anyway. he uses the truck for lawn mowing and other stuff like that so its always dirty and the bumper is already scratched up from that. i'm pretty sure there wasnt any damage except for the bumper.
Old 10-24-2005, 01:57 PM
Aaaarrrggghhhh!

I didn't think it was possible, but this thread got dredged from the sewer and got even more funny! Classic!
Old 10-24-2005, 02:23 PM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

no I didnt leave a note on the truck because its a piece of junk and no one cares about another dent on the bumper. i know the guy who drives the truck and he wouldnt care anyway. he uses the truck for lawn mowing and other stuff like that so its always dirty and the bumper is already scratched up from that. i'm pretty sure there wasnt any damage except for the bumper.
Dude, you're missing the POINT. It doesn't matter if the car is NOT driveable or a 1.2 million dollar car. If you hit another car with your own car, and you take off, it's a HIT AND RUN. It doesn't matter if the car is your parent's car, neighbors car, if you "know the guy", or not. You did a HIT AND RUN. Tell us one good reason why we wouldn't have the mods turn your sorry, clueless ass in to the police.

Well, now that I think about it, I wouldn't turn you in because I would miss entertaining threads like this!
Old 10-24-2005, 02:28 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by gatrhumpy
Dude, you're missing the POINT. It doesn't matter if the car is NOT driveable or a 1.2 million dollar car. If you hit another car with your own car, and you take off, it's a HIT AND RUN. It doesn't matter if the car is your parent's car, neighbors car, if you "know the guy", or not. You did a HIT AND RUN. Tell us one good reason why we wouldn't have the mods turn your sorry, clueless ass in to the police.
Yes it does matter!! hopyfully you can understand what im saying b/c you obveously dont get it! the truck was a piece of JUNK with a bumper that was allready messed up. the little dent from the TL doesnt change anything. but if I tell the guy my TL hit his truck, he will file an insurance claim and get a new bumper! even though the old one was allready messed up! and then the insurance companies will charge even MORE money b/c they are fixing bumpers that shouldnt be fixed.
Old 10-24-2005, 03:01 PM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

Yes it does matter!! hopyfully you can understand what im saying b/c you obveously dont get it! the truck was a piece of JUNK with a bumper that was allready messed up. the little dent from the TL doesnt change anything. but if I tell the guy my TL hit his truck, he will file an insurance claim and get a new bumper! even though the old one was allready messed up! and then the insurance companies will charge even MORE money b/c they are fixing bumpers that shouldnt be fixed.
I'm missing the point. Look. You hit someone's bumper. It's a HIT and RUN. Period. End of story. Can you deny that?

It does NOT matter if it was messed up before. You should stop being a little BITCH and fess up for your stupid actions.

Since you're car was messed up from YOUR stupid action, and THEN it got keyed, what YOU are saying is that YOUR car is a piece of junk now and trying to get others to pay for your stupidity.

I'm glad your car got keyed.
Old 10-24-2005, 03:04 PM
Racer

Yes it does matter!! hopyfully you can understand what im saying b/c you obveously dont get it! the truck was a piece of JUNK with a bumper that was allready messed up. the little dent from the TL doesnt change anything. but if I tell the guy my TL hit his truck, he will file an insurance claim and get a new bumper! even though the old one was allready messed up! and then the insurance comp es will charge even MORE money b/c they are fixing bumpers that shouldnt be fixed.
I totally understand. I hit a old woman last week as she was crossing the road. I would have stopped if she was in her 20's or 30's but since she was at least 70 years old I kept on driving. I figure she's already had her share of life and why would I want to go to jail for that?
Old 10-24-2005, 03:16 PM
Racer

Definately. Please update on how the trade in goes.
thanks.
Old 10-24-2005, 03:31 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by XtraKrispy
I totally understand. I hit a old woman last week as she was crossing the road. I would have stopped if she was in her 20's or 30's but since she was at least 70 years old I kept on driving. I figure she's already had her share of life and why would I want to go to jail for that?
that doesnt make sense and you know it!! my point is that the guys bumper was allready messed up and another dent didnt make any differennce. but it would have been a big deal if i told him about it and then he got an insurance companyy involved. that would have been stupid because they would have paid to fix a bumper that was already messed up!!! that doesnt make any sense b/c they should only be fixing cars that are worth fixing. why should we have to pay more for insurance for these big companies to pay for stuff that shouldnt get fixed??????????
Old 10-24-2005, 03:53 PM
05WDP Midlife crisis

No don't trade it in, let mommy and daddy buy you the G. I'm just afraid that if you trade it in this post will stop, and I wouldn't want that to happen. But if they do insist that you trade it in promise not to stop posting here ....... PLEASE!! I am sure the G is very capable of doing donuts, but judging from all the misspellings in all your posts, I can assume you are as good a student as you are a driver. Perhaps you should be posting less and studying more, and leave the driving to the big boys, who own the real toys!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-24-2005, 03:54 PM
Aaaarrrggghhhh!

that doesnt make sense and you know it!!
Actually, XtraKrispy did an excellent job of highlighting your decision making abilities (or lack thereof). You'll probably never understand. The more you post here, the dumber you sound. Now go get your G. Exit stage left... please form a single-file line behind Elmer.

**Golf-clap for XtraKrispy
Old 10-24-2005, 04:22 PM
Racer

that doesnt make sense and you know it!! my point is that the guys bumper was allready messed up and another dent didnt make any differennce. but it would have been a big deal if i told him about it and then he got an insurance companyy involved. that would have been stupid because they would have paid to fix a bumper that was already messed up!!! that doesnt make any sense b/c they should only be fixing cars that are worth fixing. why should we have to pay more for insurance for these big companies to pay for stuff that shouldnt get fixed??????????
I'm sorry. I think I have another experience that is a little closer to your actual situation. I was in the woods last summer hunting rabbits. This hunting trip was a special outting for the local children's hospital. We take children who normally would not get to experience the joys of the outdoors out on a journey of a lifetime. We give them all guns and we hunt rabbits. It's great as I'm able to take pictures with the kids and I get off a day at work...anywho. I was messing around and accidently shot the one of the kids in the legs. BTW - I'm an expert in handling guns and for some reason the gun was malfunctioning--the safety wasn't working. (FYI - I was able to bring the gun back to the manufacturer and they just exchanged it for me--no problem ). Back to the story...I shot the kid in the leg but he was about 100 ft away and didn't know it was me. I quickly gave the gun to one of the kids that was next to me and blamed him. Before you get mad at me, let me go explain WHY I did this. #1 - The kid I shot was in a wheelchair---he couldn't walk anyway. Why would I want to take the fall for a kid that can't walk? Are they going to try to fix his leg so that he can walk? That'll take a miracle! #2 - The second kid that I gave the gun to so that he could take the fall was mute and hadn't learned sign language yet.

I totally agree with you. If the situation was different meaning the kid that I shot could walk I think I would have turned myself in. But since he had bum legs anway, I figured who cares!
Old 10-24-2005, 04:29 PM
Advanced

DUDE! That is SO unfair! You got TOTALLY SHAFTED!!!!!

What kind of crappy dealership wouldn't take the car back when it was obviously defective???? Now UR supposed to drive to school in a trashed car that somebody might mistake for some lame-assed teacher's ride? Totally uncool.

Don't put up with this shiit, yo. Take that TL out on the highway at night, slam it into a concrete bridge support hard enough to really F it up. Then have a friend drive you home and report it stolen in the morning.

Insurance kicks in, KA-CHING! and UR back in a sweet new ride. End of problem.

(I agreed with the moderators, this *is* one of the best threads ever)
Old 10-24-2005, 04:43 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by shockwave
DUDE! That is SO unfair! You got TOTALLY SHAFTED!!!!!
Don't put up with this shiit, yo. Take that TL out on the highway at night, slam it into a concrete bridge support hard enough to really F it up. Then have a friend drive you home and report it stolen in the morning.

Insurance kicks in, KA-CHING! and UR back in a sweet new ride. End of problem.

(I agreed with the moderators, this *is* one of the best threads ever)
I know you think your being funny but your not! i did a ton of chorres at home to get this car and now its basicially ruined! even if i got it repainted i woud still know that it was defective (because of the stupid traction control that the dealer wont fix) and i dont think i coud ever be happy with the car again. i'm sereously feeling more bummed out than ive ever felt before and i dont know what to do with the car.
Old 10-24-2005, 04:58 PM
Burning Brakes

I know you think your being funny but your not! i did a ton of chorres at home to get this car and now its basicially ruined! even if i got it repainted i woud still know that it was defective (because of the stupid traction control that the dealer wont fix) and i dont think i coud ever be happy with the car again. i'm sereously feeling more bummed out than ive ever felt before and i dont know what to do with the car.
what $30,000 dollar "chorres" have you done??? I want in!!!!
and tell me what traction control was supposed to do when you were donuting torwards a truck?? is it magically supposed to move the truck out of the way?
http://www.edmunds.com/ownership/saf...2/article.html
Old 10-24-2005, 05:01 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Tennisjon2002
what $30,000 dollar "chorres" have you done??? I want in!!!!
and tell me what traction control was supposed to do when you were donuting torwards a truck?? is it magically supposed to move the truck out of the way?
http://www.edmunds.com/ownership/saf...2/article.html
No, I know the traction control didnt work because when i hit the accelleratter to pull the car out of the spin it didnt do anything! if it had worked like it was supposed to, i would have straitened out and not hit the truck! i KNOW how to do donuts and there was something obviouslly wrong with the traction control. i didnt expect the traction control to automatically straiten out the car!!!!!
Old 10-24-2005, 05:04 PM
AVB for President!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
This is still going on?

Too bad the TL can't help with his spelling...
Old 10-24-2005, 05:23 PM
Gratis dictum

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TLTrance
This is still going on?

Too bad the TL can't help with his spelling...
Be serious; spelling involves some functioning of the brain of which he seems to be incapable.
Old 10-24-2005, 05:53 PM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

at this thread.

The owners manual says it all... VSA/TCS is not a substitute for good judgment. Period.
Old 10-24-2005, 06:22 PM
Racer

No, I know the traction control didnt work because when i hit the accelleratter to pull the car out of the spin it didnt do anything! if it had worked like it was supposed to, i would have straitened out and not hit the truck! i KNOW how to do donuts and there was something obviouslly wrong with the traction control. i didnt expect the traction control to automatically straiten out the car!!!!!

I cant believe I am even responding to this but here goes, the traction control DID work you were in a spin and it retarded the throttle and evidently your brain. It is not an auto pilot for an idiot.
Old 10-24-2005, 06:33 PM
10th Gear

Click & Clack

You know, like all of you I have to laugh, how someone can be so blind to the obvious issue.

It's like the writer to Click & Clack's column said she'd bought her daughter three cars and she'd wrecked all three, so she was concerned for her safety and wanted to get her the safest used vehicle she could. Their response? Well, I can't remember it verbatim, but it was either a bicycle or an AMC Pacer -- the point being the vehicle wasn't the issue, it's the driver.
Old 10-24-2005, 07:20 PM
tTLiang

with all due respect, guys, this is really funny stuff.

reading about people sincerely trying to respond to the made-up stuff is entertaining. again all due respect. it's like watching that "punk'd" show. a little sadistic too because i sensed some of you really tried to talk senses into our imaginary friend here.

anyone hangs around discussion group long enough will tell you these kinda trolls are all over. people do respond to them tho. they actually have contests on this stuff to see who can draw the most "serious" reponses. i think the rule is if you get someone to curse or call you names and stuff, you get double points. eventually it'll die down so enjoy while we're at it. ha i hope it never stops..pleeeeeease
Old 10-24-2005, 07:21 PM
MR1
05/5AT/Navi/ABP/Quartz

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

Hey TM, you're not a rat are you?

Why can't the dealer, his parents, the insurance company or you people on this board show this young man some L-O-V-E ? He told you that the traction control wasn't working and his parents know that the car is defective.

I think you should take that ratty, defective TL down to Infiniti and trade it in on a sweet 06 G35. Only do this is you promise to keep posting here. We are all very concerned about the outcome. Will you have to do more choorees to help pay for the new car? Right now I know it sux to be you driving around in a new car without plates but with a scratch and a dent.
Old 10-24-2005, 07:26 PM
Racer

I am so embarassed even to drive the car to school anymore. i wish i could just get rid of the car and get a new one-- the '06 G35 looks pretty sweet. Whaddya think about trading in the TL for the G?
absolutely! i think the G35 would be a MUCH better ride! i would swing by the other dealer and test drive one. just let them know you've been to special driving schools (special ed?)...
Old 10-24-2005, 10:01 PM
Now with i-Vtec

TRACTION CONTROL CUTS THROTTLE!!!!! Did you see it this time since you obviously missed it the first time I wrote it. Now if you weren't so fucking stupid and you actually knew something about cars.....You might know that if you turn the VSA OFF that you could use the throttle to get you outta trouble. But, then you might actually have some common sense. We all know this isn't so......shit you don't even have reading comprehension down pat. Please DIADIC (die in a donut induced crash).
k thanks bye
Old 10-24-2005, 10:42 PM
05WDP Midlife crisis

Please, for God's sake, if you persist on posting this hoax at least use spell check, or write the response in crayon and have someone else older and wiser (14 or so) check your post out. Yet still I am strangely drawn to reading these, like staring at an auto accident.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:00 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by joed40
Please, for God's sake, if you persist on posting this hoax at least use spell check, or write the response in crayon and have someone else older and wiser (14 or so) check your post out. Yet still I am strangely drawn to reading these, like staring at an auto accident.
get the man some crayons lol that is funny stuff right there
Old 10-25-2005, 07:53 AM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

Originally Posted by Tennisjon2002
get the man some crayons lol that is funny stuff right there
LOL. Dude, this is the BEST THREAD EVER!

I loved that analogy that guy told. That's hilarious.

Quick Reply: Warranty Question