3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Warranty Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 03:57 PM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ok now I am REALLY pissed. I just got out of school and went out to the parking lot and some F***** keyed the rear passenger door. I was goiong to go to the dealer this afternoon and just have them swap the car and now it's got a friggin' scrach on the OPPOSITE side of the car as the bumper dent. so how the hell am I supposed to get it fixed now? the dealer's not going to believe that both sides of the car got hit by the stupid traction control. but I can just return the car because it's been less than 3 days, right? if anyone knows the law in Florida, please let me know!!!!!!! i'm home now and the dealer closes in about 3 hours so i need to know tonight if I can just take the car back and get a refund.
Old 10-13-2005, 04:12 PM
AVB for President!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
No state has a cooling off period for car purchases. You are stuck with the car.
Old 10-13-2005, 04:14 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dude,
show some responsibility and initiative and get back to the dealer for a fresh one asap. think about how pissed your parents will be when they find out u didn't swap it out and you could have!
Old 10-13-2005, 04:25 PM
Certified Hater

Originally Posted by mbwmn
dude,
show some responsibility and initiative and get back to the dealer for a fresh one asap. think about how pissed your parents will be when they find out u didn't swap it out and you could have!
Old 10-13-2005, 04:28 PM
Fightin' Texas Aggie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The more I read this thread, the more I figure this guy is having fun at our expense. This thread needs to be locked.
Old 10-13-2005, 04:30 PM
Administrator

Received 1,006 Likes on 575 Posts
I've been laughing my butt off too, reading this thread. And everything I wanted to say has already been said.

If it's true, it's truly unbelieveable.

If it's not true, it's truly entertaining.

Either way, it brightened up a lot of people's afternoon.

This will be put in our "CLASSIC POSTS" section, when we get one.
Old 10-13-2005, 04:42 PM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lightbulb

Oh, it's in Florida....no problem. They'll do it. They might even give you an sh-awd RL to see if your superb driving skills can outperform the car's abilities.

When you try the donuts again, go to a Mercedes, BMW or Porche dealer lot, and try it out there. Best not to slam into a crappy pickup when the car fails your skills. But a Porsche might be more worthy.

I doubt your parents will ever know. Did you say they count votes in Presidential Elections? Nah...you'll be fine.

By the way...are you planning college? Rocket Scientist or Brain Surgeon?

Who needs BlockBusters when we have this???

Old 10-13-2005, 04:46 PM
Instructor

thats what happens when another 18 yr gets a 36k car as there first car and have no respect for money and parents give them whatever they want.....

thats how he is able to post this crazy story... and think there is nothing wrong with it....
Old 10-13-2005, 04:48 PM
Cruisin'

ok, i know you guys think you'r being funny but this is really sereous. i know the traction control is defective and that i could get the dealer to swap the car because that made the car hit the truck. but what do i do about the scratch on the passenger door? do you think i could just give the dealer a couple of hundred dollars so he could repaint the door and then just get the new car? thx!!
Old 10-13-2005, 04:48 PM
never stops!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
for reading this thread.
Old 10-13-2005, 04:55 PM
Aaaarrrggghhhh!

Originally Posted by tl_luvva
I was goiong to go to the dealer this afternoon and just have them swap the car
Your local Acura dealer is not a Wal-Mart.. I don't think they have a "Returns" desk. Good Luck with that...
Old 10-13-2005, 04:57 PM
Advanced

WOW!
Old 10-13-2005, 05:05 PM
I slow down for COPS

Originally Posted by Scribesoft
Your local Acura dealer is not a Wal-Mart.. I don't think they have a "Returns" desk. Good Luck with that...
Dude, give him a brake, he wants to EXCHANGE it, not return it. Read the post.

Hurry up, they may be closing soon and you will miss the opportunity to exchange the car. Daddy will be pissed then.

Good luck.
Old 10-13-2005, 05:20 PM
Instructor

Wusssssup!!! New TL owner here

Got my new TL Monday nte---- auto/navi/anthracite+ A-SPEC! This ride is sweeeeet! I just got it tinted and was at school on Wed. when some wannabe poser in a modded IS starts giving me crap about FWD, tork steer-- whatever! He's got 4 of his friends with him and they start going off about how I couldn't even do donuts in the TL. The driver (who's a total tool) shows off his IS and does a couple of spins in the parking lot. i know its kinda hard to do donuts in a FWD but I've been to driving school and I know I have a lot more skills than you're average driver. so I floor the TL and get up to about 40 (i luv this engine!!!!) I lay on the e-break and the tail goes out and I get into a nice spin. I punch up the engine but there must have been something wrong with the accellerator 'cause the car didn't go straight and it clipped the back of some pice of crap pickup. I am so pissed!

so now the TL's got a small dent and scratch on the rear bumper. I am SOOOO peeved that the traction control obviously doesn't work but i still like the car. I don't want to tell my parents that the car is defective so I'm thinking of just getting the bumper fixed under warranty...do you guys think I should make the dealer fix the bumper or should i just return the car?
Definitely bring it in to the dealer. This will be covered under warranty for sure. Also ask for a free lobotomy. It should've been included when you bought the TL, but obviously the dealer forgot to include this option. This should fix all the problems you are having with the TL. Good Luck!
Old 10-13-2005, 06:49 PM
05WDP Midlife crisis

Originally Posted by Ron A
I've been laughing my butt off too, reading this thread. And everything I wanted to say has already been said.

If it's true, it's truly unbelieveable.

If it's not true, it's truly entertaining.

Either way, it brightened up a lot of people's afternoon.

This will be put in our "CLASSIC POSTS" section, when we get one.
Hey, this made my day. I do believe this forum should be treated like life, if you learn something in the day..great, if you don't, oh well, at least it is entertaining. I truly appreciate all the how to hints and fixes I've learned here. But, I also appreciate the bonehead things that pop up as well. I know the informative posts will never stop, (thanks) and it seems neither will the boneheads. Great idea....A Classic Post!
Old 10-13-2005, 07:11 PM
Youse Gots Sacked

tl_luvva,

if there is truley a problem with ur VSA, more power to you to get the VSA replaced or car switched out. but now coming back to reality...they would never in a lifetime just TRADE cars with you, types of people like you, make the young people who own TL's such as myself look like idiots and morons. your an idiot for doing doughnuts in your TL or attempting too, to try and show up to an IS300 owner, thats stupidity on your part and now your paying for it. ive read this entire thread and i am appauled by the stupidity that you have shown. i am 17 years old, and i do get a lot of crap from most of the members for being a teenager that owns a TL, but this is what most of you should be complaining about. i would suggest this thread be locked but its a good example of idiocy and good example of what young TL owners SHOULD NOT be like.
Old 10-13-2005, 07:15 PM
Cruisin'

well, I guess you guys were right. i took the TL over to the dealer and asked to swap it out. they said there's no "cooling off" period in florida. I asked about the faulty traction control and he said he'd check it out. i didn't tell him how the dent got in the bumper but I think he thinks that i caused it somehow. he said they could consider fixing the bumper if there's something wrong with the traction control so I'm sure they'll take care of that. they're going to keep the car overnight and they gave me some piece of crap TSX to drive as a loaner.

i'm still p***ed abou tthe scratch in the door! he said it would be about $500 to repaint the door so i'm not going there. anyone recommend a good body shop in the Tampa area? thx.
Old 10-13-2005, 07:32 PM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
at this thread
Old 10-13-2005, 07:33 PM
Gratis dictum

well, I guess you guys were right. i took the TL over to the dealer and asked to swap it out. they said there's no "cooling off" period in florida. I asked about the faulty traction control and he said he'd check it out. i didn't tell him how the dent got in the bumper but I think he thinks that i caused it somehow. he said they could consider fixing the bumper if there's something wrong with the traction control so I'm sure they'll take care of that. they're going to keep the car overnight and they gave me some piece of crap TSX to drive as a loaner.

i'm still p***ed abou tthe scratch in the door! he said it would be about $500 to repaint the door so i'm not going there. anyone recommend a good body shop in the Tampa area? thx.
Hey, that TSX you have is not a POS. It is the ultimate "doughnut" car. Go try it out, preferably in a crowded parking lot. You will be amazed. Anyway, thanks for the entertainment. This has been a priceless thread.
Old 10-13-2005, 07:47 PM
Racer

I don't believe a dealership in Florida will give an 18 year old a loaner.

I have been laughing all afternoon at this thread. I hope it doesn't get locked too soon...I think we all deserve a few more days of laughter...it has long legs.
Old 10-13-2005, 07:48 PM
Youse Gots Sacked

time for mr. thread to go the way of old yellerrrrr

Old 10-13-2005, 07:51 PM
Aaaarrrggghhhh!

Originally Posted by mark 3M bra man
Dude, give him a brake, he wants to EXCHANGE it, not return it. Read the post.

Hurry up, they may be closing soon and you will miss the opportunity to exchange the car. Daddy will be pissed then.

Good luck.

Did read the post, dude. Please see post #41 where our new friend says "i'm home now and the dealer closes in about 3 hours so i need to know tonight if I can just take the car back and get a refund." Generally refunds signify a return. And yes, I did read the others where he says he wants to exchange it. He seems very confused to me.
Old 10-13-2005, 08:13 PM
Instructor

body work

[

i'm still p***ed abou tthe scratch in the door! he said it would be about $500 to repaint the door so i'm not going there. anyone recommend a good body shop in the Tampa area? thx.[/QUOTE]

I think you could get a good discount, if you put a good body shop on retainer. Give them a 10,000 dollar deposit.
Fast louie,s on biscayne blvd is a great place I hear. He can also put nine screens in your tl for you also.
Old 10-13-2005, 08:29 PM
Racer

Talking

Originally Posted by flatfoot
[

I think you could get a good discount, if you put a good body shop on retainer. Give them a 10,000 dollar deposit.
Fast louie,s on biscayne blvd is a great place I hear. He can also put nine

screens in your tl for you also.[/QUOTE]

Well I know the Service Managers at both Tampa Acura dealerships...one is my neighbor! lol I think I'll give 'em a buzz tomorrow...they deserve a chuckle too.

Old 10-13-2005, 09:07 PM
18,000mi. 29000km

Originally Posted by Repecat
Hey, that TSX you have is not a POS. It is the ultimate "doughnut" car. Go try it out, preferably in a crowded parking lot. You will be amazed. Anyway, thanks for the entertainment. This has been a priceless thread.
TSX is a great car. I used to do spiral spins with VSA off and Dynamic Shifting mode with VTM-4 engaged before I traded in with TL.

Give it a try while you're riding on loaner. You have to have high octane leaded gas to make it easy. If you are seeing emission light on dash comes up, that's normal and means your engine is working hard for doughnut. Which dealership did you buy the car from, by the way?
Old 10-13-2005, 09:10 PM
05WDP Midlife crisis

OK, this has to be a very frustrated scion owner, just a thought.
Old 10-13-2005, 09:26 PM
04 Anthracite,6spd,No Nav

Thumbs up

Wusssssup!!! New TL owner here

Got my new TL Monday nte---- auto/navi/anthracite+ A-SPEC! This ride is sweeeeet! I just got it tinted and was at school on Wed. when some wannabe poser in a modded IS starts giving me crap about FWD, tork steer-- whatever! He's got 4 of his friends with him and they start going off about how I couldn't even do donuts in the TL. The driver (who's a total tool) shows off his IS and does a couple of spins in the parking lot. i know its kinda hard to do donuts in a FWD but I've been to driving school and I know I have a lot more skills than you're average driver. so I floor the TL and get up to about 40 (i luv this engine!!!!) I lay on the e-break and the tail goes out and I get into a nice spin. I punch up the engine but there must have been something wrong with the accellerator 'cause the car didn't go straight and it clipped the back of some pice of crap pickup. I am so pissed!

so now the TL's got a small dent and scratch on the rear bumper. I am SOOOO peeved that the traction control obviously doesn't work but i still like the car. I don't want to tell my parents that the car is defective so I'm thinking of just getting the bumper fixed under warranty...do you guys think I should make the dealer fix the bumper or should i just return the car?

What! I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. Serious though, U sound like U totally know what ur doing so heres an idea...go in a big, wide, empty parking lot where their is nobody but you and your beatup car. Then practice showing off where you can't embarrass yourself and take other people s**t out. Im just glad you jacked your car up instead of your pops. But I'm sure if your parents got u a TL they have the money to fix it for you too. Just tell them all the kids are making fun of u for being such a dumbass.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:13 PM
I slow down for COPS

Cool

Originally Posted by Scribesoft
Did read the post, dude. Please see post #41 where our new friend says "i'm home now and the dealer closes in about 3 hours so i need to know tonight if I can just take the car back and get a refund." Generally refunds signify a return. And yes, I did read the others where he says he wants to exchange it. He seems very confused to me.
Man, I thought I was sarcastic enough that you would figure it was a joke. A joke not being pointed at you, of course.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:16 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts

My god.. I think this thread is in the top #5 for the "Most Idiotic Driver" awards on Acurazine.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:18 PM
Youse Gots Sacked

id like to see the other 4
Old 10-13-2005, 11:28 PM
Pro

Ok, I tried calling my insurance guy like you guys suggested but he said I would have to pay a $500 "deductible" and that he would have to tell my parents if I wanted to make a claim. I don't want to do that so I think I'm just going to take the car back to the dealer and have them swap it out with a new one. I drove by there yesterday and saw a couple of anthracites so I don't think it will be a problem.
Sorry I can't side with you for this stupidity.

This is really not an Acura Warranty matter and I would go as far as saying that you, the person, have a serious defect and should seek warranty repair from your parents.

You probably have to tell your parents because you are using them to get cheaper rates or even worse, your car was a gift from your parents.

In these case, you better line up for the ass kicking session that you deserve!
Old 10-13-2005, 11:38 PM
I slow down for COPS

Talking

Originally Posted by NFLblitze1
id like to see the other 4
I would too.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:39 PM
I slow down for COPS

Originally Posted by frenchnew
In these case, you better line up for the ass kicking session that you deserve!
It is possible that his parents will feel sorry for him. Afterall, that could not be their son's fault, could it????
Old 10-13-2005, 11:41 PM
Youse Gots Sacked

lol this thread is one huge ass raping...
Old 10-14-2005, 12:52 AM
Community Architect
robb m.

Received 633 Likes on 281 Posts

Old 10-14-2005, 01:33 AM
2007 NBP TL-S

I think you should have bought the IQ starter option for your TL. It senses if you're an idiot and prevents you from going on the road. It'll save you thousands!
Old 10-14-2005, 06:40 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by cjhurtado2
can someboby tell me if you can really do donuts on a TL using the e-brake?

holy sh*T!!! there's more of them!?
Old 10-14-2005, 07:00 PM
Racer

>>t's only because the traction control wasn't working right that the car hit the >>back of the truck.

hey, what happened w/ the truck? this wasn't a hit + run, was it? did u refer the truck owner to the acura dealer for free repairs? this would be the right thing to do...i think you should reach out to the truck owner asap and explain that ACURA will fix it.

>>it's the same thing if the brakes didn't work? are you telling me that if my >>brakes failed I couldn't go to acura and tell them that they had to fix the car if >>it got wrecked?

ummm, if u were doing stupid stuff and the brakes failed...well, yes. i'd tell u you were doing something stupid. there is no warranty against stupid. i checked the paperwork that came w/ my car.

perhaps your parents paid extra for the "stupid" protection? it usually comes packaged w/ the $900. paint sealant and the $650. rust proofing. it replaces the "fabric protector" in the old "rust/dust/lust" package.
Old 10-14-2005, 07:09 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by cjhurtado2
can someboby tell me if you can really do donuts on a TL using the e-brake?
it helps if you've been to a special "donut driving school".
i suggest you hold off. there have been reports of defective VSA systems on this board. there is some possibility you could hit a truck if you try to do donuts and the VSA fails. one of our readers has attempted to contact his dealer to verify, and i'm sure he'll post the results of his contact.
Old 10-14-2005, 08:11 PM
Racer

ok, i KNOW that you'r thinking I'm some stupid high schooler but i KNOW how to drive and I've done tons of donuts in other cars. I know how to spin a car and I've driven cars with traction control and know how they work (my dad's 645). i think there's definitely something wrong with the traction control in my TL and if it had been working the TL woudn't have hit the truck. so I really think that the dealer should have to fix the bumper under warranty AND fix the traction control.

Fucking idiot ...this is scary!

Quick Reply: Warranty Question