Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VSA Disengaging

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2004, 06:39 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VSA Disengaging

With increasing frequency the 'VSA off' warning has been appearing as I drive.

Shutting off/restarting engine will in some cases cure the problem, in other cases not, VSA will not reactivate.

Is this a known problem? Has anyone else experienced this problem? If so, what was the fix?

Thanks.
Old 10-27-2004, 06:42 AM
I'm Baaack!

I wouldn't even mess around with this one, this needs to go to the dealer. (And quickly being that winter is right around the corner)
Old 10-27-2004, 06:59 AM
Advanced

Thanks

Thanks, I was pretty annoyed that I couldn't get VSA to engage during a 3 hour drive down I-95 in the rain to DC.
Old 10-27-2004, 07:45 AM
1 B3AKOHE

Most likley a sensor , but then again the check engine might have lit up as well if it was that.. In anycase to the dealer u go -->
Old 10-27-2004, 10:28 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Give your wheels a good power wash before taking it in! Cakey mud can interfere with the sensors.
Old 10-27-2004, 10:56 AM
Go USC Gamecocks!

Originally Posted by Acurich

Shutting off/restarting engine will in some cases cure the problem, in other cases not, VSA will not reactivate.

Is this a known problem? Has anyone else experienced this problem? If so, what was the fix?

Thanks.

Acurich,

I had this same problem. The VSA was cutting off on me almost 3 times day. I would cut the car off and back on just to turn the VSA back on. I took it to the dealer and they found out there was a bad brake switch. They ordered the part and they fixed it in no time.
I also had them take a look at my front driver and passenger doors, as when I had the windows cracked or all the way down, I would shut the door and you could hear the windows rattling inside. They said I needed 2 new window channels for the doors. Back to the dealer again! BTW, this is the 3rd time at the dealer in a month and a half. But hey, I love a complimentary car wash! They always do a bang up job!

Chip
Old 10-27-2004, 11:04 AM
Advanced

Chip,

I wouldnt let them wash your car. They are leaving more and more swirl marks each time they wash it.
Old 10-27-2004, 12:32 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks.
If you turn VSA OFF, the Exclamation Point light comes on and stays on.

Maybe you are bumping the switch with your knee or accidentally hit it when adjusting the mirrors.
Old 10-27-2004, 01:06 PM
Go USC Gamecocks!

Originally Posted by utvol9903
Chip,

I wouldnt let them wash your car. They are leaving more and more swirl marks each time they wash it.
Your right, I shouldn't . But I've got less and less time to keep my car clean lately..work, etc. I already have swirl marks anyways. I tried the Zaino I couldn't get the results I wanted. Maybe I'm doing it wrong?
Old 10-27-2004, 06:18 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by chipplaysdrums
Acurich,

I had this same problem. The VSA was cutting off on me almost 3 times day. I would cut the car off and back on just to turn the VSA back on. I took it to the dealer and they found out there was a bad brake switch. They ordered the part and they fixed it in no time.
Chip
I had the same problem. The VSA light would come on intermittently, then I started having problems shifting out of PARK. It turns out the brake/shift interlock switch was bad. They replaced the part...problem solved.

KV
Old 10-27-2004, 09:46 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by kvan
I had the same problem. The VSA light would come on intermittently, then I started having problems shifting out of PARK. It turns out the brake/shift interlock switch was bad. They replaced the part...problem solved.

KV
Hey, now that you mention it, I did have a bit of difficulty shifting out of park on one of the first occasions I experienced this problem. My hand slipped off the shifter, and I had to grab it & wiggle it around a bit to get it into drive.

Thanks to everyone for their comments and suggestions.
Old 01-20-2005, 08:49 PM
Advanced

VSA Fix

Hey, now that you mention it, I did have a bit of difficulty shifting out of park on one of the first occasions I experienced this problem. My hand slipped off the shifter, and I had to grab it & wiggle it around a bit to get it into drive.

Thanks to everyone for their comments and suggestions.
P.S. After two further one week stretches of the VSA disengaging, Piazza Acura replaced the brake lockout switch (when I first suggested this fix based on your posts the service guy said "We've NEVER had to replace this part").

Problem solved.

Silver lining, I had two days in an MDX loaner. Very impressed, particularly with the TOTAL lack of annoying interior snaps, krakles and pops, despite cold weather.

Just goes to show that with a bit of development, Acura CAN produce a vehicle without these annoying interior noises inherent in the TL, at least in my early build 04.