Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Videos of me racing my TL-S on 1/8 mile track

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2006, 11:42 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by TLFourplay
I did. I had one of my troops film it with my sony digital camera. It cant zoom after the film has been started. Not anything quality but it gets the job done.
I'm not talking about the video, I'm talking about the slip. 60', 330', 1/8 mile and MPH.
Old 11-19-2006, 11:50 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by lookinco
I think you should read what you posted instead. You said the TL is in no way able to run 13s in the 1/4mile in any sort of TL, NA or forced induced. I find it funny how you would ignore the fact that people have proved the TL is capable of running 13s and used the argument that most TL run deep in the 14s. The car itself we all know is capable, but that doesn't mean the driver has the skills to make the perfect launch and shifts.

Also the example I gave about the nitrous is just an example showing what the TL is capable of doing. All supercharged TL are running in the 13s provided that the driver can control the traction problem.
Do you have trouble reading Here's my post:

An 8.5 second 1/8 mile is a low 13 second run. We all know this isn't happening in any sort of TL, NA or forced induced.
I know all about this auto sc'd nitrous TL that's run lower 13s. However with just the SC, I believe he was still running mid 13s. No? I never said it was impossible for a TL to run 13s so you can stop this semantic argument. There is a huge difference between running a 13.7-13.8 and running a 13.1. That's a difference of about 70whp.
Old 11-19-2006, 04:47 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This thread is the exact reason I laugh at this section. Opinion is worth nothing when fact exists.

You dont make enough power to run in the 8's in the 1/8th. I dont care that you feel you have to feather your throttle in second gear. I dont have to feather the throttle in second gear in my vette and I make a shitstorm more power than you do. Learn to drive maybe?

Since you think you can 'easily' run in the 8's how about you go do it already? Dont worry I wont laugh at you for more than one reply when you fail to do so.

Clean CL - Your comment was clinically retarded. Unless you are implying that an extremely advanced mathematical equation is used, your little plug and play calculator will not be accurate. There is a hell of lot more involved in a 1/8-->1/4 conversion than the 1/8th ET. Now perhaps this is what you meant, but my guess is that you didnt.

Now WTF does an N/A modified TL running 13.7 have to do with this? Try elaborating with that mouth of yours.
Old 11-19-2006, 06:24 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
there is a general rule of establishing the 1/4 mile time by an 1/8th, if you disagree with that then i guess you don't really know what you are talking about

and numerous people said the TL-S would not run a 13, that said high 13 at best, so if the 3.2 can make it to a 13.7, the stock type s should be more than capable of running into the mid 13s.

try providing useful information, bc at the moment you arent doing anything but just disagreeing with everything. maybe i could understand you a little better if you backed up your own arguments with proven information instead of just childish name calling.
Old 11-19-2006, 06:42 PM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Dave_B
I'm not talking about the video, I'm talking about the slip. 60', 330', 1/8 mile and MPH.
Like I said earlier, it is just a hick track, they dont print time slips or anything. It says on the board what your reaction time is, what your 1/8th mile time is and what your speed is, thats it. It only flashes that crap for a second or two so all I ever have people worry about remembering is my time.

Originally Posted by SuperStar
You dont make enough power to run in the 8's in the 1/8th. I dont care that you feel you have to feather your throttle in second gear. I dont have to feather the throttle in second gear in my vette and I make a shitstorm more power than you do. Learn to drive maybe?

Since you think you can 'easily' run in the 8's how about you go do it already? Dont worry I wont laugh at you for more than one reply when you fail to do so.

Now WTF does an N/A modified TL running 13.7 have to do with this? Try elaborating with that mouth of yours.
I can drive just fine. I wont lower myself to the immature level of internet insulting. Hopefully you at least derived pleasure from such an immature and pointless gesture. I am very happy that you have a fast vette. Who cares man. If I had some slicks I would most certainly go give it a shot although with everything else I am doing now I am not really worried about it. The comment about the NA 13.7 TL was to show that other guy who said that a TL was not capable of doing that proof that they actually are.
Old 11-19-2006, 08:47 PM
B A N N E D

your car is slow and ugly.

damn, fuckin i didnt know 07 typeS was that fast man. clean ride man.

cant believe it beat a turbo'd car and a s2000
Old 11-19-2006, 08:50 PM
B A N N E D

Like I said earlier, it is just a hick track, they dont print time slips or anything. It says on the board what your reaction time is, what your 1/8th mile time is and what your speed is, thats it. It only flashes that crap for a second or two so all I ever have people worry about remembering is my time.

I can drive just fine. I wont lower myself to the immature level of internet insulting. Hopefully you at least derived pleasure from such an immature and pointless gesture. I am very happy that you have a fast vette. Who cares man. If I had some slicks I would most certainly go give it a shot although with everything else I am doing now I am not really worried about it. The comment about the NA 13.7 TL was to show that other guy who said that a TL was not capable of doing that proof that they actually are.
i second that.
Old 11-19-2006, 08:51 PM
B A N N E D

This thread is the exact reason I laugh at this section. Opinion is worth nothing when fact exists.

Clean CL - Your comment was clinically retarded. Unless you are implying that an extremely advanced mathematical equation is used, your little plug and play calculator will not be accurate. There is a hell of lot more involved in a 1/8-->1/4 conversion than the 1/8th ET. Now perhaps this is what you meant, but my guess is that you didnt.

lets start a ban poll for superstar

1. vzuptnguyen
Old 11-19-2006, 11:01 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by vzuptnguyen
lets start a ban poll for superstar

1. vzuptnguyen

What, you dont like the fact that I dont go along with your fantasy bullshit? Anyone that thinks a stock Type-S can pull mid 8's in the 1/8th is delusional.

Honestly, it's stupidity like this thread that makes this site a fucking joke in the eyes of most automobile enthusiasts on the web. (Waiting for a moderator to change this)

You wonder where the 'stupid fanboi' comments come from? It's delusion like this.
Old 11-19-2006, 11:03 PM
Racer

Low level of insulting? All I said was you must have some driving issues if you cant handle a 286 hp TL at the track. I guess you live in a bubble if you find my posts insultive.

As for the 13.7, who cares what a modified TL runs? How does that apply to you? By the way, a 13.7 1/4 does not come by way of mid 8 second 1/8ths. Go find his 1/8th time and get an idea of why 8's wont happen for you, stock.
Old 11-19-2006, 11:13 PM
Pro

Low level of insulting? All I said was you must have some driving issues if you cant handle a 286 hp TL at the track. I guess you live in a bubble if you find my posts insultive.

As for the 13.7, who cares what a modified TL runs? How does that apply to you? By the way, a 13.7 1/4 does not come by way of mid 8 second 1/8ths. Go find his 1/8th time and get an idea of why 8's wont happen for you, stock.

Dont get so flustered!!! Its ok!! Anyways, my TL-S isnt stock. go browse digitalvettes.com or something.
Old 11-19-2006, 11:30 PM
Racer

Dont get so flustered!!! Its ok!! Anyways, my TL-S isnt stock. go browse digitalvettes.com or something.
Flustered? It takes a little more than a little guy online to fluster me. Not to mention that Im talking to a couple of guys that dont do well in logical reasoning.

Unless you go FI/Spray, you're not seeing mid 8's. I'd love to be proven wrong because that is a huge positive for the aftermarket community of the TL. I would love nothing more than to be able to put a few k into my TL and run mid 8's in the 1/8th which should translate into mid-low 13's in the TL. It just wont happen.

I suggest reality, it's a good place for you.
Old 11-20-2006, 05:01 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,667 Likes on 931 Posts
Flustered? It takes a little more than a little guy online to fluster me. Not to mention that Im talking to a couple of guys that dont do well in logical reasoning.

Unless you go FI/Spray, you're not seeing mid 8's. I'd love to be proven wrong because that is a huge positive for the aftermarket community of the TL. I would love nothing more than to be able to put a few k into my TL and run mid 8's in the 1/8th which should translate into mid-low 13's in the TL. It just wont happen.

I suggest reality, it's a good place for you.
OK Superstar, lighten up. While you may not agree with CleanCL's post, calling it clinically retarded is unwarranted. Let us keep this civil or some bantime may be in order.
Old 11-20-2006, 11:29 AM
Wallace, LA

Banning Superstar would be harsh. I think he brings good information to the forumn...he's just passoniate...not angry
Old 11-20-2006, 12:12 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by F23A4
OK Superstar, lighten up. While you may not agree with CleanCL's post, calling it clinically retarded is unwarranted. Let us keep this civil or some bantime may be in order.
Understandable.

I guess I find it hard to understand how people can make brash suggestion with doing a little homework.

Oh well. I wish him well in his attempts, and for the sake of this community I certainly wish it were possible for him to achieve what he wants.

The fact still remains, he's talking about a short track time on par with c5's.
Old 11-20-2006, 01:32 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,667 Likes on 931 Posts
Understandable.

I guess I find it hard to understand how people can make brash suggestion with doing a little homework.

Oh well. I wish him well in his attempts, and for the sake of this community I certainly wish it were possible for him to achieve what he wants.

The fact still remains, he's talking about a short track time on par with c5's.
Personally with your assertions, and also find it highly unlikely that the new TL-S can pull 1/8 mile times in the 8s (w/o FI).

But, just go easy on the name calling.
Old 11-20-2006, 08:47 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Nice vids. That TL-S sounds pretty mean. I guess the ANC technology does a good job, because I didn't hear any of that when I test drove one (I had the windows up).
Old 11-20-2006, 11:11 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by levon1830
Nice vids. That TL-S sounds pretty mean. I guess the ANC technology does a good job, because I didn't hear any of that when I test drove one (I had the windows up).

It does a great job. Although I do have an AEM CAI, and removed my mid muffler and have a dynomax resonater so it is louder intake and exhaust. Even so with my windows up I barely hear it all, then I roll my windows down and it always surprises me. The ANC really does a great job. There is a ton of sound deadning in these cars too.
Old 12-30-2006, 04:21 PM
Pro