Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vibration in Clutch pedal

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2004, 01:16 AM
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vibration in Clutch pedal

Ok i dunno if anyone else feels this when driving, when i am in first gear and i rev to about 3K and depress the clutch, i feel a small vibration from it. it kinda feels like a spinning sensation is sent through the clutch pedal. i feel the same vibration when i depress the clutch in second gear as well. all the other gears i don't feel it. was wondering if this was normal.
Old 04-20-2004, 07:49 AM
Newbie for Life

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by caball88
Ok i dunno if anyone else feels this when driving, when i am in first gear and i rev to about 3K and depress the clutch, i feel a small vibration from it. it kinda feels like a spinning sensation is sent through the clutch pedal. i feel the same vibration when i depress the clutch in second gear as well. all the other gears i don't feel it. was wondering if this was normal.
I don't feel this in my clutch....and I even drove to work barefoot today.
Old 04-20-2004, 07:49 AM
Racer

I feel the same spinning sensation when I go high rpms and then dpress the clutch. I thought it was just me now switching accelerator and clutch well since I am a newbie, but this was a bit concerning since it interfered with my driving.

I think it might be normal.
Old 04-20-2004, 10:03 AM
TEAM NIGHTHAWK AP

I feel the vibrations once in a while too but can't remember under what circumstances and at what RPM
Old 04-20-2004, 10:16 AM
Safety Car

yeah 3K might have been a lower number than what i observe. i drove again today and was very careful to observe what happened. when it goes to about 4K with rapid acceleration and i depress the clutch quickily and the clutch is fully depressed i feel the vibration a bit. but if i drive normally and shift a little slower i do not feel anything.
Old 04-20-2004, 11:44 AM
Team Nghthwk Whipping Boy

Originally Posted by tripp11
I don't feel this in my clutch....and I even drove to work barefoot today.
This is a little off topic, but...isn't that the widest gas pedal you've ever had a barefoot on? I felt like I was driving an old power boat with one of those big foot shaped gas pedals!
Old 04-20-2004, 11:49 AM
Team Nghthwk Whipping Boy

yeah 3K might have been a lower number than what i observe. i drove again today and was very careful to observe what happened. when it goes to about 4K with rapid acceleration and i depress the clutch quickily and the clutch is fully depressed i feel the vibration a bit. but if i drive normally and shift a little slower i do not feel anything.
When driving a manual shift car you become more aware of vibrations. I mean, there's a lot of spinning parts that those petals are connected to...

I'm sure it normal. I think it's just your brain and body telling you that you're becoming more connected to the car. ...soon you won't even have to turn the stereo down to hear the engine, you'll just feel the correct shift points.

It's a zen thing!
Old 04-20-2004, 11:56 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 131 Likes on 79 Posts
vibration in the clutch pedal is VERY normal, especially at high RPMs and high speeds
Old 04-20-2004, 12:33 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by cTLgo
vibration in the clutch pedal is VERY normal, especially at high RPMs and high speeds
thanks, that's just what i figured.
Old 04-20-2004, 12:45 PM
WDP Director of R & D

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I would have to think that the clutch system in the TL is hydraulic.. I have a an AT 04 so don't know for sure... Anyway, I wouldn't think you would get any "spinning" or vibration sensation in the clutch pedal due to it mechanically being "disconnected" from the engine/tranny. Maybe what your feeling is a hydraulic pulsing starting from the throw-out beariing, transmitted through the clutch slave cylinder, then into the clutch pedal via the clutch master cylinder...? I have owned many a hydraulic operated clutch vehicle and never felt any engine/clutch vibration/sensations through the pedal.
By no means am I saying its out of the ordinary, but does sound strange.
Now, if its a linkage driven clutch setup then you would feel the engine rotational vibration etc.

Smitty
Old 04-20-2004, 01:43 PM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I too am periodically feeling a slight vibration through the clutch pedal. I am definitely driving the TL harder now that it has +2K miles on it and it does seem to be related to more agressive driving/higher shift points. However, it is not something that occurs all of the time. I was planning on mentioning it during the first service but it is not something I am particularly concerned about at this time.