Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Very disappointed with 2004 TL - Please read

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2004, 08:36 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very disappointed with 2004 TL - Please read

Hi all ... I am not sure what to do about this recurring problem I am having with my NBP 04 TL. I have had the car since August and I cannot keep it clean ... I wash it and it gets filthy again .. wash it and dirty again in a few days. I try washing it yet again and guess what? Dirty again in a day or two.

WTF? I did not pay over 30K for a car that just gets dirty after every time I wash it. I did read the manual and I cannot find anything in there. I tried calling Acura and they made it sound like it was my problem NOT theirs. I think it is a design flaw or something. This did not happen with my previous car ... an 89 Cavalier.

Maybe it is the tires? or the stereo? or the seats? Or the cupholders? I need some ideas please!

Can I get this car replaced with the Lemon Laws? Maybe I should take legal action against Acura for selling me a car with these problems.

Thanks for listening.
Old 10-28-2004, 08:39 PM
i souport publik edekason

Cute...

Reps for you...

Salut
ciao
Old 10-28-2004, 09:07 PM
WDP Director of R & D

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Who is that?? I think BJ is using a second name......
Old 10-28-2004, 09:11 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,614 Likes on 2,193 Posts

The answer, obviously, is to buy SSM.
Old 10-28-2004, 09:13 PM
USC YQUE

Originally Posted by savidon
Hi all ... I am not sure what to do about this recurring problem I am having with my NBP 04 TL. I have had the car since August and I cannot keep it clean ... I wash it and it gets filthy again .. wash it and dirty again in a few days. I try washing it yet again and guess what? Dirty again in a day or two.

WTF? I did not pay over 30K for a car that just gets dirty after every time I wash it. I did read the manual and I cannot find anything in there. I tried calling Acura and they made it sound like it was my problem NOT theirs. I think it is a design flaw or something. This did not happen with my previous car ... an 89 Cavalier.

Maybe it is the tires? or the stereo? or the seats? Or the cupholders? I need some ideas please!

Can I get this car replaced with the Lemon Laws? Maybe I should take legal action against Acura for selling me a car with these problems.

Thanks for listening.
Funny, reps for you!
Old 10-28-2004, 09:16 PM
Racer

You are kidding, right? A white or black car is dirt magnet, especially in the North East. On top of that, black shows scratches and white stains (I have owned both colors). That said, a well waxed car will shed dirt far better than a unwaxed car.
Old 10-28-2004, 09:22 PM
USC YQUE

Originally Posted by pettydw
You are kidding, right? A white or black car is dirt magnet, especially in the North East. On top of that, black shows scratches and white stains (I have owned both colors). That said, a well waxed car will shed dirt far better than a unwaxed car.
Re-read the post!!!
Old 10-28-2004, 09:24 PM
Intermediate

Sorry ... maybe I should have put "SARCASM ALERT" in the title. LOL

Yes .... of course I am kidding ... as a matter of fact my beautiful black TL looks great with a recent Klasse AIO and SG (x2) treatment!

Anyway, I was trying to point out how tiresome the complaining around here gets and how ridiculous some of it sounds. I already got a couple of nasty PMs, so I guess this hits a sore spot for a few posters. Please don't take it personally, but I was trying to be funny!
Old 10-28-2004, 09:36 PM
Not a Blowhole

Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts
God help us!
Old 10-28-2004, 09:36 PM
Not a Blowhole

Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts
Excellent sarcastic wit - amazing some do not get it. I nominate you as King of the Whiners!!!

Points awarded
Old 10-28-2004, 09:37 PM
04 A-TL 6MT SSM/E N/Navi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by neuronbob

Old 10-28-2004, 10:17 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts

Thanks for listening.

Old 10-28-2004, 10:21 PM
Awesome to the Max

I am a lawyer and i think there is a lemon law for that, it is section 6 of the lemon law as I recall....give me a call at 911-111-1234 and I'll fight for you!..hahah...

p.s. I'm not a lawyer
Old 10-28-2004, 10:36 PM
The Oracle of Acurazine!

Received 44 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by neuronbob

x945849339347346354654767
Old 10-28-2004, 10:55 PM
Team Owner

Received 3,864 Likes on 2,031 Posts
You need Zaino Z69 Nano-bot dirt remover. This space age solution of nano-technology robots constantly roams your car and flings off even the smallest pieces of dirt, keeping your car shiny as new all the time.

Requires Zaino Z408 reducer and Zaino Z50590 activator. Only .005 picoliters required to cover an entire car.

Be sure to apply only with 100% Corinthian leather from a 1978 Chrysler Cordoba with an exterior color that matches yours.

Available on-line only for $158,240,283.99. Free shipping and handling in the continental U.S.

Mike
Old 10-28-2004, 11:30 PM
Instructor

LOL....Love it..... For a second i thought you were serious. I was going to go off on you but now my blood pressure is going back to normal....alright i'm done felling stupid now....nice one...
Old 10-29-2004, 12:58 AM
Instructor

I'm in...I'll also file the complaint..let's see what acura will do....(I may get other shit color for free...maybe.....)
Old 10-29-2004, 01:16 AM
TL Asian GAL!!!

Sorry and I don't feel sorry for you at all!!! All black cars are high in maintanence in terms of keeping it exterior clean. However, when it is clean it would outshine any other TL colors!! My last car was a BMW 330i Black on black and I had to wash the car every week just to keep it looking good. So I don't know what the hell you are complaining about!!!
Old 10-29-2004, 01:21 AM
Instructor

Finally! Someone here finally understands my problem!

I have had at least one bird every other day poop on my car. I am soo sick of wiping it off. I tried calling Acura, and they gave me the same response as you got. What I don't understand is, I paid over $30k for this car, and now they expect me to have to pay for a garage too?!?!? That should be covered under warranty!!! It's an obvious defect in their car. I've probably seen ten other 2005 TLs with bird poop on them, and it's about time we band together and get Acura to buy us some garages! Or at least replace the exterior body panels and windows every time they get pooped on.

Good luck with resolving your dirty car issue. Fight on, brother!
Old 10-29-2004, 01:49 AM
Instructor

I agree... If Acura provided us with a garage AND a spare car - we wouldn't have these issues. How can a company expect people to fork over 30K+ and not take care of the little things... While they are at it - cant they do something about those damn birds and gravel trucks...

Thank God I chose the SSM...
Old 10-29-2004, 02:03 AM
1st Gear

Screw bird crap, i hate valet ppl. Seriously, I've met only two types of valet: 1) can't drive it, so I'm going to jerk it into a stall five times, but refuse to give the keys back to you and 2) holy crap, i love your car, i'm going to burn out right in front of you and go on a joy ride. btw, my front rims can't ever stay clean dammit.
Old 10-29-2004, 02:39 AM
mio
Police

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for listening.
yeh, go ahead!!! fight with acura !!!

Old 10-29-2004, 07:08 AM
Who cares

I just keep the car cover on it all the time and just cut out a little hole on the windshield so I can drive. I also called Acura told them my problem and they sent me out a free cover right away!
Old 10-29-2004, 07:25 AM
I'm Baaack!

For those interested I have found THE solution. There is a drive through lucite place in NJ .. (Touchless of course) They will encase your auto in a gleaming, seamless cover of lucite. Fortunately I had my wireless laptop with me to post this as I am now having trouble getting out

Fortunately, I am sitting in this beautiful spot free car so no probs ... Hmmm it is getting a bit stuffy in here, and I'm getting a bit sleepy now .. well, I guess I'll just finish this post later

Old 10-29-2004, 07:31 AM
Banned

hmmmmm, my nbp stays spotless. nbp demands a garage. other than that i simply wash (with just water from the hose) and then i use synthetics chamois to dry (i also use EagleOne wax-as-U-dry spray before drying). every few weeks i may use some real wax spray, and every few months i hit it with a light coat of wax.
Old 10-29-2004, 07:38 AM
Banned

I think the lemon law should be invoked in your case, get a lawyer. I'm sure the paint will soon start to fall off followed by a fallen headliner and finally the car will vibrate violently. Its called the third generation TL syndrome. You can probably find some of the Iraki explosives cheap on the net which you can use to blow up your car and blame it on a mechanical defect, collect your insurance and then buy a G35 or better yet an Escalade with twirling rims!
Old 10-29-2004, 07:41 AM
TL = Tranny Lubrication

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Acura announced the new '06 TL and RL will have a "dirt cause", if your car gets dirty more than 4 times a week (including bird droppings), they will wash your vehicle for free using a SOS pad and some paint thinner! I guess they are using the same logic as replacing the transmissions on the all the faulty TLs, they want you to keep coming back! – Really they miss you.
Old 10-29-2004, 07:54 AM
I'm Baaack!

Originally Posted by vtechbrain
or better yet an Escalade with twirling rims!
Nice
Old 10-29-2004, 08:55 AM
Shift_faster

This thread is hilarious. I think its the mixture of people that don't "get" the sarcasm, and others that are just adding to the sarcasm.

I say, fight with Acura! They need to stop ignoring the little people.
Old 10-29-2004, 08:56 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by vtechbrain
collect your insurance and then buy a G35 or better yet an Escalade with twirling rims!
LOL ... I meant to add to my original post that I have a friend who has a G35x that NEVER gets dirty !! WTF? What is wrong with our TLs! We all should have gotten the G35!

I must admit that I am surprised by the somewhat serious answers I am getting to my very sarcastic post. I will have to attribute it to the fact that we are completely numb to the amount of complaining and everything seems to be fair game.
Old 10-29-2004, 09:06 AM
Pro

Lol Lol
Old 10-30-2004, 08:45 AM
Racer

I too, experienced the recurring dirt problem.

Fortunately I work for NASA and have access to an experimental super-slippery teflon spray. Since I coated the car with this spray it has remained pristeen.

Unfortunately, I decided the tires looked dirty also. After spraying the 4th tire, my car slid out of the driveway, down the street and I haven't seen it since.

I'm not sure what to tell the insurance company.
Old 10-30-2004, 09:58 AM
Team Camel Executive VP

You need the full-body clear bra or the California Garage Converter Duster Kit.

BJ

Thanks for listening.
Old 10-30-2004, 12:14 PM
Intermediate

Good post savidon.When I have added some good natured sarcasm just for fun, I have received the posting equivalant to a blank stare. Too many serious people on this board.
Old 10-30-2004, 06:21 PM
7th Gear

You're disappointed Savidon??? Imagine my disappointment in learning that my exterior is silver paint, not real silver! I must have missed that somewhere in the fine print ....