Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

URRGGG!!!! TOO MANY TLs.........

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2005, 09:52 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by joed40
SJK, merely expressing my opinion, as are you. I guess what I am trying to say is at age 24 (not trying to sound like my father) I would have been more than thankful to have a incredible sports/luxury car. I am also happy that you are doing your part to help those in need (although I did not inquire about that). But, all I am asking is what would you like anyone to do about your unfortunate malady?? A rattle is a technical issue, something that those who have experienced it can make suggestions to fix, finding yourself awash in a sea of TLs is not fixable and won't be earning my sympathy any time soon.
i am by no means complaining that i have a TL. I love the car and i am thankful that i could drive this car....it's just that when i first got mine, not a lot of people had it and people were giving me compliments on my car and stuff but now with so many TLs out there, i guess my TL became just one of "them".......when we drive our cars, we all wanna get compliments from others and we all want others to think that we have a nice car but with so many other TLs out there, that factor is just gone......that's all i saying....if that makes sense.....anyway your point well-taken.....i might have sounded like ungrateful one driving a TL.....not my intention....
Old 10-22-2005, 10:00 AM
Cruisin'

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Neumahn
I was in New Jersey recently and I noticed a lot more TL's then here in California and I also noticed about 75-80% of them had east indian men driving them. Not that there's anything wrong with that...
I agree, nothing wrong with that. I just didn't understand the context of your original post. You didn't quote the post you were replying to, and posted right after somebody from Washington state posted. It wasn't clear what you were responding to. Regards,

-Naidu
Old 10-22-2005, 11:37 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by sjkforever
i know there has been a post about this topic but i gotta vent.....i live in northern nj and everytime i go onto interstate roads or highways, i see thousands and thousands of TLs....i mean literally everytime i turn my head, there's a TL....now i no TL is the best car for its money and all that stuff but still i just see too many of them...i donno why but everytime i see TLs i wanna trade in my car and get an RL or some other cars...i guess i want my car to be unique or something........now easy way to solve this problem would be to spend another $30000 on top of what i already spent....too bad im a student with no income!!!!!!!!! anyone else feel like me? or am i alone..........
Seeing alot of TL on the road is a good sign. If alot of people drive the same car as you do, it means that the TL is one of the best car out there, so people tend to buy them. The simplest way to make your car stand out from others is to modify them.
Old 10-22-2005, 12:35 PM
AzTeK ImAGe

That'z why you got to make yourz unique...
Old 10-22-2005, 02:17 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,671 Likes on 932 Posts
Originally Posted by Laxplaya11385
awesome. What color is your TL? I'll have to start wavin' to every TL i see near/on Rutgers now hahaha.
Sorry, I dont have a TL (although I came close last year but, got cold feet). I'm typically driving a 2G Nissan Quest (mostly in/about Jersey Ave RR station); other times an 02 Maxima (dark grey) or 05 Murano (merlot).

Originally Posted by Neumahn
I was in New Jersey recently and I noticed a lot more TL's then here in California and I also noticed about 75-80% of them had east indian men driving them. Not that there's anything wrong with that...
Of the many TLs I see here in central NJ, ownership seems to spread pretty evenly between race/ethnicity/gender. (unlike Camrys and Maximas)
Old 10-22-2005, 02:23 PM
Youse Gots Sacked

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by NJ Aegean 03
I hear that. I work in Morristown off "The Green" and there are at LEAST 15 3G TLs in the parking lot. Only one other 2G TL-S besides mine though
where do u work?
Old 10-22-2005, 02:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TheMainEvEnt
Seeing alot of TL on the road is a good sign. If alot of people drive the same car as you do, it means that the TL is one of the best car out there, so people tend to buy them. The simplest way to make your car stand out from others is to modify them.
Go tell that to Yugo purchasers.

All it means is that Acura offers a good price on a car with certain features.
Old 10-22-2005, 06:09 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,671 Likes on 932 Posts
Originally Posted by TheMainEvEnt
Seeing alot of TL on the road is a good sign. If alot of people drive the same car as you do, it means that the TL is one of the best car out there, so people tend to buy them.
Did I mention that I also see a boatload of Ford Tauruses (Tauri?) around here as well?!?
Old 10-22-2005, 09:38 PM
"Joe Cool"

Originally Posted by KenUA6
Who care man.....i saw aorund 10 everyday, i even said hi to them cuz is a great car to own , beside u are only a student,and u have a TL to drive is very good already and i have to work my ass off to own one,even u change RL or whatever they still have the same car with u,like M3 in my town is even more than TL if u dont want to have a same car with everyone y don u design it by urself

I see more beemers around here than TLs. But even when I see a TL it is usually prety stock.
So although I haven't done all that much to mine it stands out...
and I get alot of attention when I pull into a parking lot.
I have even had guys in Beemers compliment me on my car.
Keeping it clean is another reason though. bling!
Old 10-23-2005, 08:59 AM
The DVD-A Script Guy

Received 185 Likes on 131 Posts
I see a few around my town and perhaps 4 at work. I often park next to a RRP/Camel 05MT. We are looking for a WDP to finish of the red-white-blue theme. (I'm kidding)

I must admit I do like having a car that isn't a dime-a-dozen.
Old 10-24-2005, 05:03 AM
Registered TL Lover

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Cool

I have a WHOLE ISLAND to my self
Old 10-24-2005, 03:11 PM
Home Of The Gemini Method

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by HEK
The one's I see don't have the Brembo calipers which makes me feel good...

Yep, same thing here.

Now it seems when I see another TL, that is the first thing I look for.
Old 10-24-2005, 06:55 PM
Advanced

I guess people can't pass up on a good bargain, which is what the TL is. If people have around $30,000 to spend, which is a very popular figure for a lot of us middle class folks, one of the 1st cars on everyone's list is a TL.

Also, we tend to notice them more because we own them.
Old 10-24-2005, 07:16 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 708 Likes on 325 Posts
I got a pretty nasty rock chip on my windshield the other night, so the next day, I stop by at the glass repair shop and, as I walk in, the technician (who is also the owner) says, "oh boy, another TL." So we head outside together to assess the damage and he says, "yeah, we get a lot of these....WHOA, this is an A-Spec! I've never seen one of THESE before! I was just reading about this thing in that magazine inside! Man, this car looks good!"

It brought a smile to my face.
Old 10-26-2005, 11:56 AM
Instructor

i guess i gotta find a job during winter break and put a body kit on.....since i no my parents will never give me money for body kit......or i could starve for a month or so and save up that way...... either way....im gonna get me a body kit...
Old 10-27-2005, 03:09 PM
I love my G sedan

Originally Posted by sjkforever
i know there has been a post about this topic but i gotta vent.....i live in northern nj and everytime i go onto interstate roads or highways, i see thousands and thousands of TLs....i mean literally everytime i turn my head, there's a TL....now i no TL is the best car for its money and all that stuff but still i just see too many of them...i donno why but everytime i see TLs i wanna trade in my car and get an RL or some other cars...i guess i want my car to be unique or something........now easy way to solve this problem would be to spend another $30000 on top of what i already spent....too bad im a student with no income!!!!!!!!! anyone else feel like me? or am i alone..........
If you want to be unique, buy something like F430 or at least a 911. Anything under $70,000 couldn't be unique anymore in this country. Not only I see TL everywhere, I see the new 3-series everywhere, I see the Lexus RX everywhere. No kidding, these three combined are selling better than Nissan Altima already, almost up to the Civic level. Not only them, let me tell you what I see a lot on street: M-B E-class and C-class, BMW 5-series, Infiniti G35 sedan/coupe, Lexus ES330, and even the Lexus LS430. The ones I see less are Acura RL, the new Infiniti M, M-B S-class, BMW 7-series, M-B CLS500, M-B 6-series. Luxury vehicles are way too common in the United States. Probably the real luxury vehicles are not $30k or $40k or even $50k, at least $65k. Therefore, driving a TL and an Accord are not that much different.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:26 PM
Cold Racketeer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Almsot every time I bring my TL in for service or something at different places, I get "nice car" or questions about it along with compliments. It's a great car. Of course I've modded mine a bit now and that makes all the difference.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:31 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by SilverCL225hp
If you want to be unique, buy something like F430 or at least a 911. Anything under $70,000 couldn't be unique anymore in this country. Not only I see TL everywhere, I see the new 3-series everywhere, I see the Lexus RX everywhere. No kidding, these three combined are selling better than Nissan Altima already, almost up to the Civic level. Not only them, let me tell you what I see a lot on street: M-B E-class and C-class, BMW 5-series, Infiniti G35 sedan/coupe, Lexus ES330, and even the Lexus LS430. The ones I see less are Acura RL, the new Infiniti M, M-B S-class, BMW 7-series, M-B CLS500, M-B 6-series. Luxury vehicles are way too common in the United States. Probably the real luxury vehicles are not $30k or $40k or even $50k, at least $65k. Therefore, driving a TL and an Accord are not that much different.
That's true. A lot of those cars listed above are showing up everywhere. I actually see a lot of 911s though b/c a few of my friends drive them *jealous*.
Old 10-27-2005, 05:11 PM
TL hacker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did some of you guys really think you could buy your way into an exclusive club for $30K using a MASS MARKET PRODUCT? LOL... that's too funny.

And all the time I thought I bought mine because it's the best value for the $ in that market segment.

If you really want exclusivity for $30K, build your own damn car. Look into the Locost se7en as a weekend toy.