Sponsored by:

Upgrading to Type-S Rear A-Spec. HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 10:12 PM
TL-S

Received 412 Likes on 365 Posts
Upgrading to Type-S Rear A-Spec. HELP!

Hey guys,

So long story short I got rear ended and am upgrading to a the Type-S rear end. I already got OEM quad cat-back and the bumper and the A-spec.

It is all being painted DGP and is at the body shop right now. I haven't seen it just yet but I have a question;

Looking at this old DIY by mmade22, i notice the area in the type-s a-spec is missing something. its like completely see through. I'm not sure if this is how the a-spec is designed to fit, or if its due to the fact that mmade22 had to do the cutaway on the his 04-06 base rear bumper or what.

here's the pic i'm talking about:

Farther down, it looks like he added this piece:

Now I'm not sure if i have to add that piece the same way as he did or if I will already have that installed in the rear bumper as I am getting the Type-S rear bumper. All i know is that the body shop (so far) has ONLY purchased the bumper and a-spec for me. So will I need this garnish as well? I'm assuming so, I just want to be sure before I ask them to order it with their discount. I don't want to be stuck with something I don't need in the end and I don't want to hassle them by having to return it.

I think the garnish that fills the hole in the a-spec ispart #25 on this list...correct me if I'm wrong?? Also, will I need number 22 and 28 if I'm installing the a-spec lip? They look like just titaniam garnishes for the exhaust holes in the bumper and if I remember correctly they're supposed to be removed when installing the a-spec...at least on the 04 base model.
http://www.acuraoemparts.com/delray/...All&vinsrch=no

Thanks everyone for the help Pics coming hopefully this weekend. The car should be done on Friday.

Last edited by quanaman; 01-11-2012 at 10:18 PM.
Old 01-12-2012, 12:03 AM
Safety Car

Received 340 Likes on 278 Posts
I'm not sure on the aspec, but I just upgraded to the type s rear, and that garnish in the picture is what filled the hole on mine. You are correct on 22 and 28. They are the garnishes for the exhaust cutouts. I needed them on mine, but if your doing aspec, I dont know.
In for the pics
Old 01-12-2012, 07:56 AM
TL-S

Received 412 Likes on 365 Posts
Thanks. Looking back it was kind of a dumb question. I'm pretty sure that's how it works. I think the exhaust garnishes have to be removed for the a-spec lip. At least that's what we did when we installed the base lip on the base bumper.