Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Update on peeling leather

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2004, 06:54 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Update on peeling leather

Well, the good news is that my dealer will replace the leather skin (see my post below)

http://www.acura-tl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94766

The bad news is that this service guy treated me like I have some "issues". So, is it too much ask them to take the missing seatbelt buckle out of where it is hiding because their tech guy forgot to do so when he worked on my back seat? This is a safety issue.

He looked at the leather then asked me what kind of conditioner I use. I said Lexol. He was about to say something like I shouldn't be using it or something.

I also have a rear deck rattle which was created when they took the back seat to fix something else. He was all skeptical about it and asked me to duplicate the problem. I duplicated it without leaving the dealer lot.

At this point, I realized that asking about the driver side door frame rattle will make him think that I am a mental patient, so I didn't.

I used to have this nice gentleman as my service guy there. Unfortunately he was not around.

For those of you who own BMW, Lexus, and Infiniti cars, do their service people treat you like the way I was treated? I've been to three Acura dealers; some are not too bad, but all three created more problems/damages which all required return visits.

Oh, well, what a way to start Monday.
Old 09-20-2004, 09:54 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fortunately, I have received wonderful customer service from the service department at Crown Acura in Greensboro, NC. Everyone is always very courteous and they always go above and beyond the call of duty. In response to your question, "For those of you who own BMW, Lexus, and Infiniti cars, do their service people treat you like the way I was treated?" -- I can only speak for Infiniti. The service at Modern Infiniti in Greensboro, NC is horrible!! I owned a 2003 G35 Coupe and before that a 2001 G20t. There was one service rep. who was wonderful at the dealership. However, when he was not available, the other service reps. were extremely rude and not at all helpful. They always attempted to make you feel like you were at fault for whatever happened to your car. The 6-disc in-dash CD changer stopped working and they asked, "Well, do you change your CD's a lot?" (Why should it matter...isn't that what a CD changer is for?!) The gas door would not open (faulty actuator) and they asked, "How many times a week are you stopping for gas?" (It shouldn't matter if I stop for gas everyday, that still would not be my fault.) The passenger side window stopped working and they asked, "Well, do your kids play with the power window button?" (I don't even have any kids!) The same window stopped working again the next day and they asked, "Well, what did you do to the window between yesterday and today?" They never wanted to face the fact that maybe the car just had a lot of problems, despite the fact that it was a brand new car that I only had for 6 months. By the time that I was fed up with the car, I considered trading it for a 2004 G35 Coupe. However, I thought about how the service department treated me and decided that I wasn't going to give Modern Infiniti anymore of my money. The next closest Infiniti dealership was also owned by Modern. So, I traveled 1/2 a mile down the road and traded the G35 in on my TL -- which I love. It was the best decision I ever made. Oh, another interesting point: Infiniti's level of customer service is "supposedly" a selling point. I get better service from the Nissan dealership when I take my Maxima in for service. Go figure!
Old 09-20-2004, 10:22 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 131 Likes on 79 Posts
Infiniti dealers are really cocky, while I was shopping for the G35 and the TL I was treated like I couldn't afford the car at Infiniti... thats why I stuck to Acura, they let me test drive the car and they salesman even told me to drive the test car hard
Old 09-21-2004, 08:40 AM
Drifting

My local Acura dealer in Pa. is awesome......I'm not plugging the dealership..but they're just pretty good at keeping me happy. It's too bad some of you guys have bad luck...because they're all not bad.
Old 09-21-2004, 08:59 AM
Who cares

Originally Posted by cTLgo
Infiniti dealers are really cocky, while I was shopping for the G35 and the TL I was treated like I couldn't afford the car at Infiniti... thats why I stuck to Acura, they let me test drive the car and they salesman even told me to drive the test car hard
My dealership was very cool also no service needed yet.
Where in Il is your dealship located?
Old 09-21-2004, 09:01 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by asmonroe
Fortunately, I have received wonderful customer service from the service department at Crown Acura in Greensboro, NC. Everyone is always very courteous and they always go above and beyond the call of duty.
So Crown is good for service?? I heard that the sales department sucks because they're so pushy so I went to Flow in Winston to get my car. I haven't brought the car in for service but since I live in Greensboro I wanted to go to Crown since it's closer. I'm glad to hear that they have good service.
Old 09-21-2004, 09:26 AM
Team Anthracite Member

If the guy was dumb enough to make a comment about Lexol - remind him that Acura sells it right at the dealership. Most of these guys are dumber than rocks.

He probably drives a friggin Pinto. Tell him to F- off and do his job right the first time and find the seatbelt and for him to not to bother asking questions about stuff he has no clue about.

Originally Posted by Novice
Well, the good news is that my dealer will replace the leather skin (see my post below)

http://www.acura-tl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94766

The bad news is that this service guy treated me like I have some "issues". So, is it too much ask them to take the missing seatbelt buckle out of where it is hiding because their tech guy forgot to do so when he worked on my back seat? This is a safety issue.

He looked at the leather then asked me what kind of conditioner I use. I said Lexol. He was about to say something like I shouldn't be using it or something.

I also have a rear deck rattle which was created when they took the back seat to fix something else. He was all skeptical about it and asked me to duplicate the problem. I duplicated it without leaving the dealer lot.

At this point, I realized that asking about the driver side door frame rattle will make him think that I am a mental patient, so I didn't.

I used to have this nice gentleman as my service guy there. Unfortunately he was not around.

For those of you who own BMW, Lexus, and Infiniti cars, do their service people treat you like the way I was treated? I've been to three Acura dealers; some are not too bad, but all three created more problems/damages which all required return visits.

Oh, well, what a way to start Monday.
Old 09-21-2004, 11:37 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 131 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by 04acura tl
My dealership was very cool also no service needed yet.
Where in Il is your dealship located?
I went to a few, but the 2 that were really nice to me were Mullers (Schaumburg) and Continental (Naperville)
Old 09-21-2004, 12:17 PM
Racer

I really don't care what the service guys think. If I have an issue with my Acura they are going to hear about it. If I have ten issues/problems I will have a detailed list and if they want to cop an attitude they're going to hear about that as well. I, you, paid good money for their "premium" product and if something is not right why should "I" be ashamed or embarrassed to voice my concern?

In almost every repair instance, unless it's an all day or multiple day repair I am going to be there watching what they do. I don't trust any automobile service department at ANY dealership whether it be Acura, Lexus, BMW, MB, Toyota, Nissan, Infinity; get the picture. They all cut corners, they all make their biggest bucks in service and they all have service techs who come and go like the weather.

I will reiterate, if I have a problem or issue with my Acura they WILL hear about it. That doesn't mean I yell or am disrespectful but why should I not want to hurt their feelings? If they treat me properly and with respect as a customer we'll get along fine, but if I am not treated right, THEN we'll really have a problem.