Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Unexpected Mod

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2005, 01:04 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Unexpected Mod

While rinsing the car off one day the trim piece on the trailing end of the exterior door handle from the right rear door feel off. The tab that holds the piece on broke off so I couldn't reinstall it. I then thought I better check the other three door handles...found the driver’s door was loose. Further inspection revealed the tab was busted and the piece was just hanging on. When I ordered the part for both doors I also ordered an extra trim piece for the left rear door. The only part I paid for was the extra one; the other two were covered by the warranty...part cost about $13. I ended up installing it on the driver’s door covering up the keyhole giving it a cleaner look. Yes I know I should post pictures...not a fan of digital cameras yet, still like my 35mm.
Old 03-03-2005, 01:09 PM
Pro

awesome!
Old 03-03-2005, 01:10 PM
Now with i-Vtec

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by SparkAF
While rinsing the car off one day the trim piece on the trailing end of the exterior door handle from the right rear door feel off. The tab that holds the piece on broke off so I couldn't reinstall it. I then thought I better check the other three door handles...found the driver’s door was loose. Further inspection revealed the tab was busted and the piece was just hanging on. When I ordered the part for both doors I also ordered an extra trim piece for the left rear door. The only part I paid for was the extra one; the other two were covered by the warranty...part cost about $13. I ended up installing it on the driver’s door covering up the keyhole giving it a cleaner look. Yes I know I should post pictures...not a fan of digital cameras yet, still like my 35mm.

Then buy a scanner and scan some pics.
Old 03-03-2005, 01:15 PM
.:KCCO:.

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
this is a repost that was done awhile back.

the problems you may run into.... you cannot have that key hole open in case you want to close all your windows from the outside.

if your battery dies, you need to take that part off to uncover the kyhole to get the door open.

not that much of an inconvenience, but i have found that being able to close all the windows from the outside with the car not having to be running is a great asset.

im more of a DIY kinda person so i find this helpful when im working on the car
Old 03-03-2005, 01:16 PM
Instructor

I'll borrow a digital camera this weekend and post the pic's
Old 03-03-2005, 01:23 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Good to see someone doing this MOD...

Originally Posted by ayethetiense
this is a repost that was done awhile back.

the problems you may run into.... you cannot have that key hole open in case you want to close all your windows from the outside.

if your battery dies, you need to take that part off to uncover the kyhole to get the door open.

not that much of an inconvenience, but i have found that being able to close all the windows from the outside with the car not having to be running is a great asset.

im more of a DIY kinda person so i find this helpful when im working on the car

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82775

Garage# E-022
Old 03-03-2005, 01:26 PM
Instructor

I never use that feature. The only time my windows are down is when I'm in the car. Anytime you get out of your car in Florida you better roll up your windows...never know when it's going to rain. If the battery ever goes dead I'll just very carefully pry the trim piece off to get to the keyhole. If it brakes I'll install the extra trim piece I have (with the keyhole)