Underbody kit ....fix the fit?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2003 | 06:38 PM
Advanced

Underbody kit ....fix the fit?

The underbody kit that is installed by Acura doesnt fit real tightly against the bumper it is installed over especially the front spoiler. Has anyone tried to seal it up flush with adhesive or any other method. It isnt really terrible but some of us anal retentives would like to see it fit better. I would think a body shop (or acura dealership) should know what to do but I thought maybe there was a quick fix that we could do on our own. I do love this car!
Old 11-23-2003 | 07:00 PM
Advanced

hickdoc,
I have the same problem, when i showed the dealer he stated lets look at a different one, it was even worse than mine.
He told me it was probably a factory problem. I told him that it was a dealer installed option, and that it was his lazy f###ing mechanics, they dont rate the term Tech.

IMO they dont do the proper prep I,E, cleaning the area with alcohol before attaching the two sided tape, which you can see on mine no longer sticks.

I could go on an on.

Nick
Old 11-23-2003 | 08:49 PM
Advanced

ON a previous thread the dealer blamed it on Acura using an after factory company for the design not acura but regardless it looks like it could sure be better fit and i hate to think its just a matter of shoddy workmanship. A chain is only as good as its weakest link...Gonna put it on my list of things to chat about with my salesman in a week or two when his rating form comes in for me to fill out and send to Acura headquarters. I figure I might mention the form when I go over my hit list and probably get a little better attention on his part to my list! So far its the only thing on my list....well a little ticking noise when my a/c is on full tilt and no music playing. Big deal on both. Ya gotta love this car.