Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TSB number - tire vibration

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2004, 12:19 PM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
TSB number - tire vibration

I have the old EL42 (VIN= 18xxx), and when I called Stevens Creek Acura over the weekend, they claimed they have no idea what I am talking about regarding vibration, and they could not find any record on what could be wrong with those tires, and there are no TSBs on them.

I know someone here had posted the first page of the TSB (I found that on FAQ), but there was no reference to the TSB reference number. Can someone give me that? Thank you so much.
Old 08-09-2004, 12:33 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
I'd like to know #, too.

Will do the update then.

Thanks.
Old 08-09-2004, 01:03 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am not sure if this can help. I cannot remember who sent me this, but I sure got a new set of tires.

Old 08-09-2004, 02:49 PM
Instructor

This is exactly what I have as well, and I have been chatting with another dealership. They validated the defect code and symptom code are valid, but couldn't find any reference in their TSB databse... I have faxed this sheet to the guy, and he's going to look into it.
Old 08-09-2004, 02:54 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My advice, stay away from Stevens Creek. Go to Los Gatos.
Old 08-09-2004, 03:43 PM
Moderator Alumnus

That's the same one I posted in TSB threads, and I got it from Lore...

http://www.acura-tl.com/forums/showp...07&postcount=5
Old 08-13-2004, 12:09 AM
Instructor

Good news! I am getting new re-formulated EL42. I know a lot of people have said it's not much improvement, but oh well, not going to say no to free tires.

The dealerships don't really know about this. There is no recall or TSB. What Lore included was an under the table thing...

I called Acura Client Services, and they instructed me to ask the dealership to call the District Service Manager or the Product Engineer (Techline).

I got a call back from local dealer today that they spoke to the district service manager and he instructed them to order up the new tires for me. So, they should come in a week. No questions asked.

Passing this along in case you were thinking about getting the old EL42 replaced.
Old 08-13-2004, 03:43 AM
Acurazine Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Novice
I am not sure if this can help. I cannot remember who sent me this, but I sure got a new set of tires.

Good find.
Old 08-13-2004, 06:34 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
jtruman:

Make sure your dealer does not scratch your rims during the tire swaping. The dealer I went to scratched the rims about 20 times and all 25 lug nut holes. The dealer ended up repainting all four rims-came out alright but not as good as the new ones.
Old 08-13-2004, 11:45 AM
Administrator

Received 1,011 Likes on 577 Posts
Originally Posted by jtruman
Good news! I am getting new re-formulated EL42. I know a lot of people have said it's not much improvement, but oh well, not going to say no to free tires.

The dealerships don't really know about this. There is no recall or TSB. What Lore included was an under the table thing...

I called Acura Client Services, and they instructed me to ask the dealership to call the District Service Manager or the Product Engineer (Techline).

I got a call back from local dealer today that they spoke to the district service manager and he instructed them to order up the new tires for me. So, they should come in a week. No questions asked.

Passing this along in case you were thinking about getting the old EL42 replaced.
I am pretty sure this is not a recall or a technical service bulletin. I don't know Acura's term for it, but I would call it a service advisory, or something like that.

This is definitely not an under the table thing. In paragraph 3 it says to contact the DPSM for a new set of tires, and at the bottom it provides data for the warranty claim. How much more official than that can you get?
Old 08-13-2004, 12:08 PM
Instructor

You are right, RonA. It is official. When I first brought this to the dealership, they were puzzled by the notice because all the codes were accurate (defect code / symptom code) yet they had never heard about it.

It is "under the table" in the sense that Acura did not actively publicize this to all of the dealerships, and the dealerships had no way of searching on their database to find this. They had to contact Acura regional/district service manager to find this....
Old 08-13-2004, 12:19 PM
Administrator

Received 1,011 Likes on 577 Posts
Originally Posted by jtruman
You are right, RonA. It is official. When I first brought this to the dealership, they were puzzled by the notice because all the codes were accurate (defect code / symptom code) yet they had never heard about it.

It is "under the table" in the sense that Acura did not actively publicize this to all of the dealerships, and the dealerships had no way of searching on their database to find this. They had to contact Acura regional/district service manager to find this....
Which is a sad comment on Acura service, if true, and a sad comment on certain dealers, if not true. Either way we, the customers, suffer.
Old 08-13-2004, 12:33 PM
Moderator Alumnus

So far, lucky me, a new dealer I went to was honestly asking me if my PVC EL42s had issues. They could replace them by TU2 ones.

Acura Headquarters sent tons of stuff to dealerships, besdies TSBs, I guess there are also something called Technicial Advisory letters... this one could be...