Trash Talking

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 02:48 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by AMUA6
^^^ Very well said Michael

Although, the newer Taco's are pretty torquey
You get the point though...its a truck. Its all about what your into!! Thats kind of part of the point too!

Its like....I doubt this guy is calling out his Tacoma and saying....oh...I bet this can beat you. Perhaps a simple statement to the guy causing the ruckess pointing that out would be in order....but myself...I would take the prior tact...just agree with em. Nothing much to say after that. But I am also a bit older and been around the bend a few times and seen this type of thing delved out to people over the years. Its just "dick measuring" to a great degree, you know? (not to offend anybody whatsoever...if I did...I apologize) And as most guys AND LADIES know...the proof is in the puddin'...not the talk.

In other words...you rarely hear about stories from the true slayers and players getting plenty panty action as thats the very cover that allows them the luxury in the first place! Its generally the ones out running their mouths that are getting laid the least....and thats exactly why!

But you DO hear other people talking about (me) it....like da ladies! (ok...I jest there...lol) My point is....when others assign this to you....your way better off (in many ways likely ). And the same applies in car shit talk. Dont assign any superiority to your ride whatsoever....let somebody else do that for you.
Old 10-10-2010, 02:53 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
very well said Michael! respect.
Old 10-10-2010, 05:09 PM
13.2@106mph G37 RWD Sedan

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
nice write up michael that is so true im gonna try that when my buddies at work talk shit. just gonna tell them its slow as balls
Old 10-10-2010, 05:29 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,201 Likes on 689 Posts
Originally Posted by MichaelBenz
Fail. This kid is 16 years old. Get some seat time, my friend! Then the #'s dont exactly mean as much as before...lol. There is no substitution for experience and seat time. Trust me....you at 16...and me at 43 with the seat time I have....I could likely take you on course in a Miata...lol.

And take some advise from an old man....YOUR CAR IS ALWAYS SLOW! Keep repeating that to yourself till it becomes a pat response. (I will explain further)

The whole jist is to get under your skin...as already mentioned by somebody on here. Tell em its slow as balls and there isnt much more to say, is there? Oddly enough....then they will likely take the opposite tact and begin to try to tell you that your car is worthy. You dont assign worthiness to yourself or your car.....others do. When you do....they tend to want to debate that fact with you. Just tell em its slow as all get out....yep! Then when the time comes...lay the smack down.

No kidding...if you ever ask me if my car is fast....I would tell you nope....its slower than all get out! Wanna race? Do you see the preceived hint of confidence there? Thats about 90% of the brain game racers will try to hit you with....dont admit JACK. Car's slow...yep! You are young....but its all about what makes YOU happy...not some other kid that is just smack talking with a Tacoma trying to rain on your parade. The faster you take that tact....the faster you are likely to gain the respect you seek! Dont uptalk your ride....let others do that for you. It means 500% more than you assigning that to yourself and trying to sell them on that fact.
Truth. You speak it.

D, take this guy's advice. The next time someone at your school thinks their shit is faster than you, tell 'em, "Ok", and to go race someone from Dallas Racing or Dallas Imports since they'll ooobviously be a better match.
Old 10-10-2010, 06:01 PM
BMW 535i

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
You get the point though...its a truck. Its all about what your into!! Thats kind of part of the point too!

Its like....I doubt this guy is calling out his Tacoma and saying....oh...I bet this can beat you. Perhaps a simple statement to the guy causing the ruckess pointing that out would be in order....but myself...I would take the prior tact...just agree with em. Nothing much to say after that. But I am also a bit older and been around the bend a few times and seen this type of thing delved out to people over the years. Its just "dick measuring" to a great degree, you know? (not to offend anybody whatsoever...if I did...I apologize) And as most guys AND LADIES know...the proof is in the puddin'...not the talk.

In other words...you rarely hear about stories from the true slayers and players getting plenty panty action as thats the very cover that allows them the luxury in the first place! Its generally the ones out running their mouths that are getting laid the least....and thats exactly why!

But you DO hear other people talking about (me) it....like da ladies! (ok...I jest there...lol) My point is....when others assign this to you....your way better off (in many ways likely ). And the same applies in car shit talk. Dont assign any superiority to your ride whatsoever....let somebody else do that for you.
I like that way . When we think we slow, if we did race and lose that nothing but if we win we will feel something . I love to hear experience about the way to think.
Old 10-10-2010, 11:18 PM
Drifting

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
Ight thanks for the input Michael, I'll keep it in mind. I'm not posting this because I think my car is fast. This was more or less a rant. I did ignore all the times he set me up to race someone...I simply was curious how my car would run against the other ones brought up, simply because I had never thought about it, and honestly didn't know. Yea, the TL isn't fast, and yea, I've surprised a lot of people telling them my car is slower than theirs and telling them it is a FWD (that is always a big shocker). As you said...this car gets the girls like no other. I will keep what you said in mind from now on.
Old 10-15-2010, 05:00 AM
Getting it Done

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Fact is the only car that will give you trouble is the 328. But ^^ what that guy said is beyond truth, everyone asks me about my cars and my anwser is they are slow, no matter what car I'll own, I'll always say it's slow lol.
Old 10-15-2010, 10:08 AM
Your Friendly Canadian

Received 1,485 Likes on 1,049 Posts
What if you say your car is slow, but it really is slow as dog crap?
Old 10-15-2010, 11:14 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by Aman
What if you say your car is slow, but it really is slow as dog crap?
Then you are telling the truth...what can they say?
Old 10-15-2010, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by d-townhakuzo
Ight thanks for the input Michael, I'll keep it in mind. I'm not posting this because I think my car is fast. This was more or less a rant. I did ignore all the times he set me up to race someone...I simply was curious how my car would run against the other ones brought up, simply because I had never thought about it, and honestly didn't know. Yea, the TL isn't fast, and yea, I've surprised a lot of people telling them my car is slower than theirs and telling them it is a FWD (that is always a big shocker). As you said...this car gets the girls like no other. I will keep what you said in mind from now on.
and plus you should be happy your only 16 years old and you got such a nice car back when i was in high school i had to drive round in a beater accord lol i wished i had a tl back in those days.
Old 10-15-2010, 12:41 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by kdawg8526
and plus you should be happy your only 16 years old and you got such a nice car back when i was in high school i had to drive round in a beater accord lol i wished i had a tl back in those days.
I had worse even than that....1978 Mustang Hatchback....bwahahahaha. And it was friggin' green to boot....two tone...green over white! I was still cooler than my buddy with the sky blue AMC Gremlin. Althought I am sure he would beg to differ!
Old 10-15-2010, 12:49 PM

^ lol mine was just a 1995 accord
Old 10-15-2010, 04:56 PM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,841 Likes on 8,573 Posts
95 Accord in 2002.. a 7yr old car is a beater?

On a related note, my car in college was a 93 accord.. I miss that car.
Old 10-15-2010, 07:36 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts

Yes sir! I agree wholeheartedly. When I was big on racing and did it for money my sig read 12.9@110mph on other websites. Now it doesn't matter. I don't think I once told the truth including when I beat some 11 second cars and told them mine barely cracked the 12s. I loved the mind game part of it. I've lost a few times on purpose just to get the people I really wanted to run to race me for the amount of money I wanted. Those were the days. Setting up races with a huge crowd watching and mentally beating the other guy with a smirk on my face while he yelled and screamed. I had most of them beat mentally before the race began. If it was something quick that had a chance at beating me only then would I get cocky but it was part of the game. I would tell them they better take me out of the hole because they will never mph me. 9 times out of 10 it resulted in them smoking the tires and the race was over in the first couple seconds.

I think it's best to be this way from girls to sports to everything. My friends in the old days used to say my "game" was that I had no game lol.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:25 PM
Drifting

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
Yea I am very happy and glad to get a TL. It isn't the fastest, but it sure is the nicest.
Old 10-19-2010, 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by Majofo
95 Accord in 2002.. a 7yr old car is a beater?

On a related note, my car in college was a 93 accord.. I miss that car.
i had my 95 accord in 2006. so 11 year old car at that time. when i was gradding from high school lol. that thing had so many problems thats why i called it a beater as well
Old 10-19-2010, 08:15 AM
COTM Coordinator

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
I and a 1971 chevy impala, avocado green with white vinyl roof and green interior to match. Cleanest impala around but the most typical Mexican car lol.
Old 10-20-2010, 10:29 AM
I got the Shifts

Received 230 Likes on 163 Posts
ahh. I miss my 93 corolla. nothings quite as fun as doing 110 downhill with a backwind.
Old 10-22-2010, 09:23 PM
I'm Craig

Received 299 Likes on 207 Posts
d-town: some people have the mindset that if its not a BMW, then its shit. Why? Who knows. I've had my car be called a "foreign piece of shit" or a "ricer". At my school half the people drive trucks...and only know about trucks. Ever see a 1990s Ford F150 try to beat a TL at a stoplight? Good times.
Old 10-22-2010, 09:36 PM
Your Friendly Canadian

Received 1,485 Likes on 1,049 Posts
Southern state rednecks FTL?
Old 10-23-2010, 10:21 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Indiana is not a southern state.
Old 10-23-2010, 12:36 PM
Team Owner

I don't know about that. My family scattered throughout the southern "redneck" states own mostly Mercedes and high end cars. Myself and my immediate family are the only ones in CA and we probably have the cheapest and highest percent of Domestics in the family. Television is not always realistic.
Old 10-23-2010, 01:36 PM
I'm Craig

Received 299 Likes on 207 Posts
In some respects, its similar. All depends on where you live. The demographics of Indianapolis are interesting. The north side of Indy is known as the more affluent area of the city. Namely a town called Carmel, with a median income of $110,549. Pretty nice place. The east side is...eh sketchy. West side for the most part, are mostly middle-income suburbs. Often times, people consider this area to be "farm land" as well. I live in Brownsburg, a suburb on the west side that has about 25,000 people. Some kids that go to my school live out the country of Brownsburg, an area barely considered part of the town. Its not surprising to see someone flying a confederate flag in the parking lot on the back of their truck. Why? No clue. Heavy prejudice. The "hicks" are in the minority thankfully. They're obnoxious as hell and legitimately wear cowboy boots and hats to school. Two each their own. By no means do I dislike where I live- ranked the 32nd best place to live in the country by CNN.

OP my apologies for the thread jack. Shit I'm good at doing that..

Indiana is not a southern state.
I agree, it's not. What part of Indy do you live in?
Old 10-23-2010, 01:57 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by cjTL
In some respects, its similar. All depends on where you live. The demographics of Indianapolis are interesting. The north side of Indy is known as the more affluent area of the city. Namely a town called Carmel, with a median income of $110,549. Pretty nice place. The east side is...eh sketchy. West side for the most part, are mostly middle-income suburbs. Often times, people consider this area to be "farm land" as well. I live in Brownsburg, a suburb on the west side that has about 25,000 people. Some kids that go to my school live out the country of Brownsburg, an area barely considered part of the town. Its not surprising to see someone flying a confederate flag in the parking lot on the back of their truck. Why? No clue. Heavy prejudice. The "hicks" are in the minority thankfully. They're obnoxious as hell and legitimately wear cowboy boots and hats to school. Two each their own. By no means do I dislike where I live- ranked the 32nd best place to live in the country by CNN.

OP my apologies for the thread jack. Shit I'm good at doing that..

I agree, it's not. What part of Indy do you live in?
That's predjudice on your own part. They're automatically hicks because they wear boots and cowboy hats? Not even close. Regardless, the morals and values of the "hicks" are usualy far superior to many others.

Rebel flag is not racist in itself. But it's become known that way because many social rejects that fly it think it's racist.

I mean really, what's worse, the Rebel flag flown in the Southern states or the Mexican flag everywhere you go in CA. I've seen them fly the Mexican flag above the American flag on the same pole.