Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TRANNY Q for ROADRAGE

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2005, 08:06 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TRANNY Q for ROADRAGE

This question is for Road Rage or any car experts out there who knows a bit about Transmission and Engine.
A bit ago, I read about OIL/Engine discussion and I went from Acura oil to MOBIL 1 synthetic for my TL. However, I plan on upgrading the transmission fluid from ACURA brand to FULLY SYNTHETIC TRANSMISSION FLUID. Does anyone have any inputs? Road Rage, what do you think... a good or bad idea?

fire them away
(if you don't know much about this topic, please avoid your comment, don't waste the space)
Old 02-09-2005, 12:28 PM
ITL
I do my own work.

Road Rage has put much input on tranny fluid choices throughout this forum...he has even posted experience and results from an S2000 forum...mostly recommending a GM tranny fluid (friction modified) for Honda/Acura trannies...

I picked up 3 qts of this Synchromesh Friction Modified from my local Chevy dealer. I like it and will continue to use this in my MT.

Search will do you more good than waiting for this thread to be discovered and getting flamed in the process. I'd search with the terms 'Road Rage transmission fluid' or 'Road Rage synchromesh'- that'll yield good results. Good luck.
Old 02-09-2005, 12:39 PM
professional TL driver

Originally Posted by ITL
Road Rage has put much input on tranny fluid choices throughout this forum...he has even posted experience and results from an S2000 forum...mostly recommending a GM tranny fluid (friction modified) for Honda/Acura trannies...

I picked up 3 qts of this Synchromesh Friction Modified from my local Chevy dealer. I like it and will continue to use this in my MT.

Search will do you more good than waiting for this thread to be discovered and getting flamed in the process. I'd search with the terms 'Road Rage transmission fluid' or 'Road Rage synchromesh'- that'll yield good results. Good luck.
that is true that roadrage recommended the syncromesh tranny fluid from gm. however that fluid is not synthetic. however mainevent is asking what fluid RR would recommend that is synthetic. i have found no such post by RR to recomend a synthetic tranny fluid. i searched myself and found noyhing regaurding that topic.... no it might be there, but have you tried searching for any kind of lubricant question..... it pulls up like a billion hits... searching thru that is a royal pain... so if we both missed it i appoligize, but the answer to these questions i would like as well...
Old 02-09-2005, 08:24 PM
Intermediate

For ATF, Amsoil ATF is a good choice, and RR implicitly recommended it.
For MTF, RR had recommended GM Synchromesh Friction Modified.