Sponsored by:

Touch Up Paint Pen

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2005, 08:38 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Touch Up Paint Pen

Hi all,

Some unknown MORON hit my bumper on parking lot and left long scratches on it.
I am trying to fix and as one option I am looking for Touch Up Paint Pen to cover these scrathes, because these are highly visible and I can not live with it.
My TL is Abyss Pearl
I did some search , but even http://www.handa-accessories.com does not have my color.
I could not find Touch Up Paint Pen with this color so far on any other web sites…also
Any help?
Old 05-31-2005, 08:47 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by oppnyc
Hi all,

Some unknown MORON hit my bumper on parking lot and left long scratches on it.
I am trying to fix and as one option I am looking for Touch Up Paint Pen to cover these scrathes, because these are highly visible and I can not live with it.
My TL is Abyss Pearl
I did some search , but even http://www.handa-accessories.com does not have my color.
I could not find Touch Up Paint Pen with this color so far on any other web sites…also
Any help?
Check out www.paintscratch.com. I just ordered some pens from them yesterday.

I've read praises both here and in the Lexus board about their ability to match the colors. They even ask for your VIN to ensure they get it right. Good luck!

EDIT: Just checked. They have your color listed. They also have some special information for Acura/Honda owners regarding paint codes (beyond the color number).
Old 05-31-2005, 08:47 PM
05 WDP TL

sorry about your bumper man....

did you try your local dealer?
Old 05-31-2005, 09:12 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by caha14
Check out www.paintscratch.com. I just ordered some pens from them yesterday.

I've read praises both here and in the Lexus board about their ability to match the colors. They even ask for your VIN to ensure they get it right. Good luck!

EDIT: Just checked. They have your color listed. They also have some special information for Acura/Honda owners regarding paint codes (beyond the color number).
Thank you man for the fast respond and very useful site...
Old 05-31-2005, 11:50 PM
'04 6mt Pearl

Use paint pen for small scratches or chips

I think the paint pens are useful for small scratches or chips.

I tried both the pen and the touch-up paints on a mag wheel with Silver Satin Matallic.

I first used a touch of auto-body putty sanded primed and prepared the surface for paint, but the paint pen just made lumpy streaks with its applicator. After a couple days dry time I wet-sanded with 2000grit. Instead of progressively grinding down the paint it seemed to ball up and come off as a chunk although very small <.5mm. I tried many coats and thinning with lacquer thinner as well to no avail. I never got to the stage of using the clear that comes with the paint pen.

I am back to where some of the primer is exposed because the paint looked too streaky and am frustrated because there is no Dupli-color spray available for the SSM.

Recommend you go to a reputable body shop since the scratch is so visible. Duplicolor does not list your color yet although a dealer should have both pen and touch-up bottles.
Old 06-01-2005, 01:07 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by triggle
I think the paint pens are useful for small scratches or chips.

I tried both the pen and the touch-up paints on a mag wheel with Silver Satin Matallic.

I first used a touch of auto-body putty sanded primed and prepared the surface for paint, but the paint pen just made lumpy streaks with its applicator. After a couple days dry time I wet-sanded with 2000grit. Instead of progressively grinding down the paint it seemed to ball up and come off as a chunk although very small <.5mm. I tried many coats and thinning with lacquer thinner as well to no avail. I never got to the stage of using the clear that comes with the paint pen.

I am back to where some of the primer is exposed because the paint looked too streaky and am frustrated because there is no Dupli-color spray available for the SSM.

Recommend you go to a reputable body shop since the scratch is so visible. Duplicolor does not list your color yet although a dealer should have both pen and touch-up bottles.
Thank you man.
I will visit body shop on this weekend.