Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Torn between G35 and TL

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2004, 07:30 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by digital_b
the tl is less money for more features. even infinity salespeople [and this is a quote] say the tl interior is NICE and acura did a good job with the tl. I bought the tl because you are limited to 2 interior colors on the g and interior looks cheap and the stereo is yet another lame bose setup.
3 Interior colors not 2.

Graphite
Willow
the silver one, can't remember what they call it.
Old 03-15-2004, 08:16 AM
Cesspool of Knowledge

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by jjsC5
They guy above me needs to exlpain why he thinks the G35 is more expensive than the TL. It is not.
Hmmm. I've scanned your quote a few times now. I don't see the words "a lot" anywhere within this statement. Your words are misleading to someone trying to compare the vehicles.

My posting about the MSRP prices was to provide the raw data to the original poster, not misinformation.

What you can supposedly do as far as "dealing down" on the prices varies as well across the US. The comments by others that "you can get the G35 for less" don't really apply. My experience showed that I could get a much better price on the Acura. The MSRP on the 04TL was already cheaper than a similarly equipped G35, and I was able to get a cut on the price of the TL. The G35 was more expensive and MSRP only in my dealings.

BTW, how much do you consider to be "a lot" anyways? Does the same "a lot" value apply when you're buying lunch and buying a house? My point here is that nobody can "prove" that something is "a lot" more expensive - it's always an individual and extremely variable relationship.

Now, time to get back to my bowl of Total Raisin Bran before it gets too soggy (Fiber content: 5 grams per serving - Ohhhhhh yeah!).
Old 03-15-2004, 09:23 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 370 Likes on 209 Posts
Originally posted by żGotJazz?
Hmmm. I've scanned your quote a few times now. I don't see the words "a lot" anywhere within this statement. Your words are misleading to someone trying to compare the vehicles.

My posting about the MSRP prices was to provide the raw data to the original poster, not misinformation.

What you can supposedly do as far as "dealing down" on the prices varies as well across the US. The comments by others that "you can get the G35 for less" don't really apply. My experience showed that I could get a much better price on the Acura. The MSRP on the 04TL was already cheaper than a similarly equipped G35, and I was able to get a cut on the price of the TL. The G35 was more expensive and MSRP only in my dealings.

BTW, how much do you consider to be "a lot" anyways? Does the same "a lot" value apply when you're buying lunch and buying a house? My point here is that nobody can "prove" that something is "a lot" more expensive - it's always an individual and extremely variable relationship.

Now, time to get back to my bowl of Total Raisin Bran before it gets too soggy (Fiber content: 5 grams per serving - Ohhhhhh yeah!).
I understand your point, and I'm guessing you understand mine. I do apologize if I've offended you. I have generally respected your posts, so please accept that I don't mean to come across as a personal attack.

I realize that we are dealing with a subjective matter, and there is no right or wrong here. I don't consider 3% to be significant in a purchase of almost anything I buy, including a house. What that means to me is that if I like one better than the other, I'm not going to let 3% stop me.

At the same time, more than once I've spent a lot (there's that term again) less for something than I had intended to spend. I just bought a Nissan Murano for $6,000 less than the Lexus RX330 or Acura MDX I was looking at (and less than the $45,000 Tahoe I was trading). Not because I couldn't afford those, but because I didn't see the value in those compared to the Murano. So, it works both ways for me. Now, had the RX330 or MDX been 3%, or even 5% more, I would have bought one of those in a heartbeat.

Hopefully no hard feelings. Just a fun exchange.
Old 03-15-2004, 09:28 AM
Cruisin'

Didn't read all the posts, but the few lengthy ones I did, didn't mention that the Infiniti NAVI requires you to stop and pu the car in park, while you can adjust the TL's NAVI on the fly.

Also, the g35 may be more at MSRP, but they are dealing on them, while the TL w/NAVI is hard to find at anything but MSRP. SO pricewise, I would think they are about the same, similarly equipped....
Old 03-15-2004, 09:56 AM
Burning Brakes

Thoughts about the upcoming Infinities

The new Infiniti M35/M45 is going to be amazing (prediction). I can't wait to see where they price the M35. I'm guessing around $37-$39K. Something to think about....

The interior on the G35 will be a big improvement when the re-design is revealed (prediction).

The old M45 will be a steal to get ahold of once the new M45 hits the showroom floors. Something else to think about...
Old 03-15-2004, 10:10 AM
Lurker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I liked the G35 better in terms of how it drove, but I was just turned off by the int/ext styling of the G35 sedan and it didn't seem as wide inside. Since my choice was about commuting a 100mi per day, I chose interior comfort over handling. The G35 coupe on the other hand is sweet and could I have lived with a 2 door I would have bought the G35 coupe.
Old 03-15-2004, 11:23 AM
Banned

Originally posted by Skeedatl
I liked the G35 better in terms of how it drove, but I was just turned off by the int/ext styling of the G35 sedan and it didn't seem as wide inside. Since my choice was about commuting a 100mi per day, I chose interior comfort over handling. The G35 coupe on the other hand is sweet and could I have lived with a 2 door I would have bought the G35 coupe.
I also chose Interior comfort too, and I drive over 100 miles a day for work. The G35 is very comfortable, and goes over the bumps much nicer than the TL did.
Old 03-15-2004, 12:05 PM
Instructor

Can't wait 'til April when they show the updated G and the new M. Let's see what they pull out of the bag.

Is the RL supposed to be shown at the NY Auto Show as well?
Old 03-15-2004, 01:11 PM
Racer

I own an 5AT Anthracite TL w/ Navi, and dude, I think you should consider a 350z as well. I made a mistake of overlooking a 350z. I parked next to one at the gym and i never realized how nice it looks, especially in black. but mayn it is sleeeek. I then went for a test drive and fell in love w/ it (i know im cheating on my TL) The layout is not quite as nice and fancy as the TL but is pretty damn close. The handling is exquisite and it feels perfect. I actually think if I woulda checked out the 350z at the time I woulda bought it. The navi is pretty good, but not as big. BUT if your looking for a seda, definately go w/ the TL. One of my best friends owns a G35 Sedan and whenever we go hangf out and stuff he ALWAYS wants to switch me cars so he can play w. mine (especially the voice activated crap). So Im thinking more toward the TL instead of the G35
Old 03-15-2004, 01:52 PM
Racer

Originally posted by SilverBulletCLS
3 Interior colors not 2.

Graphite
Willow
the silver one, can't remember what they call it.
Once again, Silver, your ignorance of the car that you supposedly purchased has surfaced. There are only two color options for the G35 interior.
Old 03-15-2004, 02:23 PM
Cesspool of Knowledge

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by jjsC5
Hopefully no hard feelings. Just a fun exchange.
No hard feelings! I probably did take things a little too personally, and I apologize ...

Cheers!
Old 03-15-2004, 03:50 PM
Banned

Originally posted by RhodeRunner
Once again, Silver, your ignorance of the car that you supposedly purchased has surfaced. There are only two color options for the G35 interior.
Once again your here to just cause trouble. So shut up. So I was wrong.
Old 03-15-2004, 05:07 PM
Burning Brakes

Dude, what's with the insults? Maybe you're taking this car thing too personally. Take a deep breath and count to ten next time.
Old 03-16-2004, 09:06 AM
Racer

Originally posted by acuraddict
Dude, what's with the insults? Maybe you're taking this car thing too personally. Take a deep breath and count to ten next time.
addict- if this guy is going to flame and try to justify his purchase decision on an Acura board, he should at least get his facts straight. If he is going to post such obvious nonsense, then I am going to call him on it.

Hey, I don't go onto Fresh Alloy and flame the G35 owners, and if I did, I would try to have my facts straight so I could at least offer a credible argument. Otherwise, I am wasting both mine and the readers' time.
Old 03-16-2004, 10:16 AM
GregS

Re: Torn between G35 and TL

Originally posted by oscar800
Ok, I'm about to purchase a new car in few days and I'm down to two-G35 6MT or TL 6MT. I test drove the G yesterday and it felt pretty solid. The interior was just okay. Now, I haven't driven the new TL but I figure it'll feel pretty much similar. I'd love to hear your take on these two cars, especially those who have already considered both cars. Here's my take:
G - like the RWD, exterior styling, lots of torque, warranty; not sure about interior features, reliability, wet/snow traction.
TL - like the extra features, interior design, practicality of FWD, Honda reliability; not sure about the bugs in the new model, handling, etc.
Oscar800,

This is a tough call. I, like some of the other posters in this forum, finally decided on the TL given the standard equipment level, including the Bluetooth, DVD-A, XM Radio, and the overall styling. The G35 is an awesome car, and has the added benefit of RWD, but I like others was less than impressed with build quality of the interior (looks like something designed by Rubbermaid!).

Both cars have 'jewels' for V-6's (the Acura has VTEC), but the Infiniti V-6 has higher torque, depsite being 10HP less than the Acura. Honda reliability was also a deciding factor, but in fairness Infiniti's reputation is stellar, as well.

Bottom line, it depends on you and your likes and dislikes. The gadget content in the TL was the deciding factor for me (I have the non-Navi), and felt that for the money I could not find a better deal. Also, if you equip the G35 similar to the TL, the G35 is more expensive - and there is no DVD-A.

Now that I have owned my TL for about 4-months, I really do like it quite a lot, and don't have any reservations about not going for the G35.

The decision is yours. Either way, you need to make the choice that best fits our needs.

Good Luck,

Greg S
04 TL, Redondo Red/Parchment, 5SP Auto
PIAA FR-S Gun Metal/Silver Custom 17x8 Wheels
Michelin Pilot A/S Sport Tires
Gold Package
Deck Lid Spoiler
Mud Guards
Body Side Molding
Truck Tray
Old 03-16-2004, 10:42 AM
Banned

addict- if this guy is going to flame and try to justify his purchase decision on an Acura board, he should at least get his facts straight. If he is going to post such obvious nonsense, then I am going to call him on it.

Hey, I don't go onto Fresh Alloy and flame the G35 owners, and if I did, I would try to have my facts straight so I could at least offer a credible argument. Otherwise, I am wasting both mine and the readers' time.
I don't see me justifying anything. I see you doing it. I have been here alot longer than you man, and you will become a hardriven guy as well if you keep it up. The guy asked our opinions. I gave mine. My facts are usually straight. We are only human. I have caught you many times with your facts screwed up too.
Old 03-16-2004, 11:11 AM
Racer

Originally posted by SilverBulletCLS
I have caught you many times with your facts screwed up too.
Examples please.

Can you answer me one simple question please.... What is your purpose here?

My guess: your purpose is to come on an ACURA board and try to convince ACURA owners that the G35 is a better car.

Based on your posts, I can't see any other reason for your being here. You must like to argue and flame because I have yet to read one constructive post from you whatsoever.
Old 03-16-2004, 11:22 AM
CEO of IMHO

If you value RWD, overall balance, steering feel, and have 0 tolerance for torque steer, get the G35.

If you value interior design, interior quality, a more quiet ride, and hi-tech features, and snow/rain performance, get the TL.

It's really simple when you break it down. It depends on what's important to you.

Jon
Old 03-16-2004, 12:04 PM
Banned

Examples please.

Can you answer me one simple question please.... What is your purpose here?

My guess: your purpose is to come on an ACURA board and try to convince ACURA owners that the G35 is a better car.

Based on your posts, I can't see any other reason for your being here. You must like to argue and flame because I have yet to read one constructive post from you whatsoever.
I don't have the time to argue with you or look up all your stupid posts. Others here have witnessed it as well. Leave while you can before you make yourself look dumb.

My purpose here? I like Acuras, and owned them. No reason to leave. Same reason why I still am on the Maxima boards. I owned 4 of them in the past. So what, its not your job to ask why I am here. It;s your job to act like a adult and stop the flaming.
Old 03-16-2004, 12:58 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 370 Likes on 209 Posts
Originally posted by JonDeutsch
If you value RWD, overall balance, steering feel, and have 0 tolerance for torque steer, get the G35.

If you value interior design, interior quality, a more quiet ride, and hi-tech features, and snow/rain performance, get the TL.

It's really simple when you break it down. It depends on what's important to you.

Jon
This kind of logic could give forums a bad name

Just kidding of course. I think this is right on the money.
Old 03-16-2004, 01:25 PM
Banned

Torn between two lovers feeling like a fool, loving both of you is breaking all the rules........ Karen Carpenter
Old 03-16-2004, 01:28 PM
Dr. TLS

pwnd
Old 03-16-2004, 04:04 PM
Racer

Originally posted by JonDeutsch

Bingo. Nicely stated. There's also the subject of subjective styling preferences, but that's a whole 'nother debate.
Old 03-16-2004, 04:16 PM
Banned

Originally posted by vandy786
pwnd
Umm how? I don't see it.
Old 03-16-2004, 04:33 PM
Racer

Originally posted by vandy786
pwnd
Please dumb this down for me. What is "pwnd"?
Old 03-16-2004, 04:35 PM
Advanced

It is "leet" hacker talk for being owned...

~Z
Old 03-16-2004, 04:39 PM
Racer

Got it, thanks.