Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TL Wish List

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2004, 12:23 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb TL Wish List

I thought I would start a thread about features or enhancements each of you would like on future models or revisions of software for the various computers in the car.

1. Support for CD/DVD-A Text of artist/track title (viewable by the Navi display)

2. # of Sattelites tracking the vehicle viewable on the main map screen (indicated by a number in the bottom corner)

3. Display of 3D solar sensing status (IE: Is it on? Is it working? etc.)

4. Audio test function (testing each channel of the 5.1 system with "white noise")

5. Voice-activated macros (ie: programmable functions such as cd playing, turning on air conditioning, and opening the sunroof which could be stored by recording the v-command and re-calling it by speaking the v-command)

6. Blink side-markers with turn signal

7. Make rear turn signals LED's (like the brake lights)

8. Make front turn signals LED's

9. Include lumbar support for passenger

10. Rear-seat DVD video (we already have the drive up front to support this)

Cheers!!
Old 03-02-2004, 12:37 PM
Suzuka Master

Number 10 is interesting because it is/was an option on the Accord.

The car also needs to have climate controlled seats and power folding mirrors.
Old 03-02-2004, 12:54 PM
Intermediate

11. An "audio" voice command to change to the audio screen
Old 03-02-2004, 12:54 PM
6th Gear

Also:

Auto on/off headlights
Rain-Sensing Wipers
Instantaneous MPG reading on trip computer. Even GM has this.
Old 03-02-2004, 01:09 PM
Instructor

laser assited cruise..... lexus has this (doesnt it ?)
Old 03-02-2004, 01:15 PM
Advanced

Originally posted by denmoses

I believe Mercedes-Benz has that feature on one of there sedans.

I thought all the outside turning signals on the car are LED's. If not what a let down. The salesman lied , but whatever its still a great car.

One thing I wish the car had is

1) Push button to start the engine.
2) mp3 playability
3) HID lights turn when the car is in a turn
4) I wish the car asks how my day has been. And I would reply not to shabby.
Old 03-02-2004, 01:15 PM
Advanced

12. MP3. Never understood why the TSX has the option, but the TL doesn't. Someone suggested that the 5.1 sound designer didn't want to put his name on a system that would allow a user to play poor quality (MP3) music through it, but that sounds pretty idiotic to me (not the suggestion - just idiotic if it's true).
13. Read fold-down seats. Again TSX has it, why not in the TL?
I agree with #1, 5, 9 and 11 above, but the rest seem pretty rice to me.
Old 03-02-2004, 01:20 PM
Advanced

Originally posted by AirlineMuseum.c
12. MP3. Never understood why the TSX has the option, but the TL doesn't. Someone suggested that the 5.1 sound designer didn't want to put his name on a system that would allow a user to play poor quality (MP3) music through it, but that sounds pretty idiotic to me (not the suggestion - just idiotic if it's true).
13. Read fold-down seats. Again TSX has it, why not in the TL?
I agree with #1, 5, 9 and 11 above, but the rest seem pretty rice to me.

That is idotic. WHY THEN DID HE THINK IT WAS OK TO HAVE A FREAKIN TAPE PLAYER. GEEEEEEEEEEZ
Old 03-02-2004, 01:21 PM
Intermediate

The Infiniti FX35/45 has this....I'm looking at buying one this week actually.
Old 03-02-2004, 01:24 PM
Intermediate

WMA9 support would be nice too...

If MP3 was going to be an option, MP3-Pro should be in there as well...
Old 03-02-2004, 01:28 PM
Advanced

That is idotic. WHY THEN DID HE THINK IT WAS OK TO HAVE A FREAKIN TAPE PLAYER. GEEEEEEEEEEZ
Good point - didn't really even think about that...

I have also heard rumors that an add-on similar to the TSX optional MP3 Player will become available later in the year.

Personally, I think I'm just going to go out and buy a $250-300 CD/MP3/DVD player that will output track info to the Navi display - that will be cheaper than the Acura MP3 Player anyway, which for the TSX is like a $600 option.
Old 03-02-2004, 01:39 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by DJ TAG
The Infiniti FX35/45 has this....I'm looking at buying one this week actually.
Before you do, be sure you can see out the back window and out the back-side windows, while driving. Lots of blind spots.

Also, be sure to put the car in a normal parking space and see if you can get in or out of the back doors.
Old 03-02-2004, 01:59 PM
Racer

Tire pressure monitor.
Old 03-02-2004, 02:00 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Lightbulb

IMO, all you wish would come true soon in models of next years.

You cannot expect some of new tech/cutting-edge features would be equiped into your TL when you only spend such a little money on it.
Old 03-02-2004, 02:30 PM
Intermediate

A line-in port to the stereo would be a great addition as well.
Old 03-02-2004, 02:39 PM
Instructor

I know it was already mentioned, but:

FOLD DOWN SEATS!!!!

Give us what the Accord owners already have!!!
-S.
Old 03-02-2004, 03:22 PM
Burning Brakes

Instantaneous MPG reading on trip computer. Even GM has this.
Lincoln had this way back in 1983.

Would it have killed someone to put a compass in the TL?
Old 03-02-2004, 03:56 PM
Intermediate

Originally posted by Norse396
Lincoln had this way back in 1983.

Would it have killed someone to put a compass in the TL?
The NAVI has a compass I think...at least it shows north on the map and a small indicator showing direction related to north...
Old 03-02-2004, 04:22 PM
The Oracle of Acurazine!

Received 44 Likes on 12 Posts
come on guyz, you guys are asking for too much, maybe they're saving all that options for THE NEW RL. :o

Be happy with what you got.
Old 03-02-2004, 04:29 PM
Intermediate

asking for too much??? hmmm...I don't think so...and I'm sure every owner out there is happy with what they have (i know i am).

The time to ask for new features is often when a new model is released. The development teams are often working on next generation models' features shortly after the debut of a redesigned model.

While some of the "wish list" options are completely unnecessary, I think a few suggestions should really be incorporated into an 05/06 model.

Old 03-02-2004, 04:33 PM
Retired MOD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
honda has this too. The Honda inspired also known as Japanese TL (not 04 TL) has it.
Old 03-02-2004, 04:54 PM
Retired MOD

Re: TL Wish List

I thought I would start a thread about features or enhancements each of you would like on future models or revisions of software for the various computers in the car.

2. # of Sattelites tracking the vehicle viewable on the main map screen (indicated by a number in the bottom corner)

there is always 3.....is call trilateration. They are not tracking.

two things the navi needs to find out the location

The location of at least three satellites above you
The distance between you and each of those satellites
Old 03-02-2004, 05:02 PM
Intermediate

In the advanced menu I can see as many as 8 being picked up by the car at one time. While travelling through the mountains though that number could potentially be reduced to 3 or less depending on location.

It would be nice to have an indication as to the status

My handheld GARMIN GPS has a tough time recieving proper signals in the mountains while ice/rock climbing...but at least I know based on its display.
Old 03-02-2004, 06:14 PM
Andrenaline Junkie

Originally posted by EmuMessenger
Before you do, be sure you can see out the back window and out the back-side windows, while driving. Lots of blind spots.

Also, be sure to put the car in a normal parking space and see if you can get in or out of the back doors.
The new QX56 has an option for a rear camera. I saw it at the dealer Sunday and it is real slick. It is mounted just above the license plate with a convex/concave (I always get those confused) lense. The DVD screen automatically swithes to this view when you put the car in reverse. PRETTY SLICK!!!
Old 03-02-2004, 06:26 PM
Intermediate

Originally posted by Swat Dude
The new QX56 has an option for a rear camera. I saw it at the dealer Sunday and it is real slick. It is mounted just above the license plate with a convex/concave (I always get those confused) lense. The DVD screen automatically swithes to this view when you put the car in reverse. PRETTY SLICK!!!
...this is actually another great option on the FX35/45
Old 03-02-2004, 07:11 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Thumbs up

asking for too much??? hmmm...I don't think so...and I'm sure every owner out there is happy with what they have (i know i am).

The time to ask for new features is often when a new model is released. The development teams are often working on next generation models' features shortly after the debut of a redesigned model.

While some of the "wish list" options are completely unnecessary, I think a few suggestions should really be incorporated into an 05/06 model.

Right... but how much will we like to pay? R we trying to ask Acura to have the best vehicle in the world and have this car sold to everywhere in the world?

For example, the HiDS & CMS (Honda's laser assisted cruising and safety system) could be added into future American Honda/Acura vehicles, but the cost of adding these features in 05 will cost more than the cost of having them in 06. If customers of Acura are in the same levels as BMW or MB, these customers won't mind spending extra money to have these toys.

If trying to make the production lines simple and efficient, carmakers have to figure out the possibly best price/features prior to their sales seasons. I can have dozens of what I want, too.

I don't want Acura adds any expensive/fancy/cripy equipments into their vehicles and cut costs from their quality/tires/any other accessories. IMO.

Some of them blow are useless, others are customers-like-to-have, rest of them are impossible to have them together in 35k vehicle.

IMO, I expect this car cost more than 45k. Will you like to buy? I will. Perhaps, RL is a target vehcile more appropriate to have these features all together.

1. Support for CD/DVD-A Text of artist/track title...
  2. # of Sattelites tracking the vehicle viewable on the main map.
  3. Display of 3D solar sensing status.
  4. Audio test function (testing each channel of the 5.1 system).
  5. Voice-activated macros (ie: programmable functions such as cd playing, turning on air conditioning, and opening the sunroof which could be stored by recording the v-command and re-calling it by speaking the v-command).
  6. Blink side-markers with turn signal.
  7. Make rear turn signals LED's (like the brake lights).
  8. Make front turn signals LED's.
  9. Include lumbar support for passenger.
  10. Rear-seat DVD video (we already have the drive up front to support this).
  11. An "audio" voice command to change to the audio screen.
  12. Auto on/off headlights.
  13. Rain-Sensing Wipers.
  14. Instantaneous MPG reading on trip computer.
  15. HiDS & CMS.
  16. push button to start the engine & hand-free keyless entry system.
  17. mp3 playability.
  18. Real Fog Light.
  19. Auto-Leveling Headlight Adjustment.
  20. Adaptive Headlights.
  21. Adaptive suspensions & roll stabilization.
  22. Read fold-down seats.
  23. Tire pressure monitor.
  24. Rear Camera.
  25. AWD.

* Blue ones are what I personally think TL should have in the future. Underline ones are most priority for my preference.
Old 03-02-2004, 08:58 PM
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Hi

I just picked up my new 04 TL last week. I would have liked to reply to the group sooner, but I've been enjoying it! What a great car. Totally over_the_top!

But there are a few "wish list" things.. nothing that complicated. It's all dependent upon the available memory in the system. (are you listing Honda/Acura)??

Navi/Audio system:

1) Yeah, why is there no voice command to display the audio controls? Like press the button and say, "Audio".

2) I get to drive a Lexus ES330 sometimes and if you have the audio controls displayed, when a turn/info comes up it changes to the Navi screen then back to the audio if you made the indicated turn.

I love the TL though.. !

3) When XM is on you can't say the command to "seek". It would be nice when the mode button is set to "Category" and your within a category you can just say, "XM seek" and then, which would be nice just hit the back button on the steering wheel for it to stay at that channel.

4) OK, if the above can't happen then how about two or three or more XM settings to store six channels each? Getting even deeper - now you could say, "XM ROCK" and your six favorite rock channels come up..

5) I agree with other posts in the forum that it does need a little better speakers, i.e better tweeters in the front, in the rear too and maybe a better sub.

whatever.. I really love this car!

6) Also the sound levels between all the inputs could be better balanced.

7) Minor, but in the Lexus ES the Navi voice commands come from the left front speaker (it only mutes the audio on that one when it wants to talk). It's kinda annoying on the TL when it drops the entire front channel, but it is easier to comprehend. What about a dedicated Navi voice speaker in the roof or sun visor on the driver side?

did I say I love this car??

Other Stuff:

I upgraded from a 88 Acura Legend I had for 16 years. The TL is way better but there's a few things..

1) More blind spots in the TL. How about a small built in convex mirror on the drivers side?

2) NO LOW WASHER FLUID WARNING???!! I know the Canadian TL has it, but c'mon Acura.. this almost borders on a safety issue, especially for the drivers in the snow and slush areas of the US.

3) My 88 Legend had a better Trip Monitor when it came to current MPGs. The trip stuff in the TL should be moved to the center display screen. And then add the voice commands too. Can you say, "Current Miles Per Gallon"?

4) The Lexus has the trip monitor function-select built in on the right side of the steering wheel. Something like that would be nice for the TL!

As for other stuff, well I just got my 2004 Acura TL Service Manual from Helm. I'll be reading that for the next week or two.. or three. A real well layed out manual. And yeah in the Navi Diagnostic Mode you can display what satellites your capturing.

And I got a real good deal on my TL. If your in the greater NY or Southern CT area check out Curry Acura in Scarsdale NY. Ask for Yuri (914-725-6800). Tell him your on the TL owners site and Ken P recommended you. Check out their web site (www.curryacura.com) and the inventory. If they have the car you want, do the deal!

So far I've been real happy with them, but I'm gonna hold off on a fully satisfied post until I get my CT registraton/CT sales tax paid in the mail from the DMV.

Did I say I really like this car?? ALLOT!

Take it easy guys and girls in here.. safe driving too!

I hope to get back on and post some stuff in the future.. meanwhile tonight's the night to get the homelink to turn on some X-10 stuff when I pull in the driveway.

I just love this car.. did I say that??

Later..
Old 03-02-2004, 09:05 PM
Racer

The outside temperature should be up next to the clock - all the time. There is plenty of space for it. In my OLD Audis it would flash or indicate when it was below freezing, to watch out for ice.

Regarding the sound system - It's true - Based on comments from those in the industry, the "designer" didn't want anything to distract from the "glory" of the DVD audio sound. So, no MP3 (and it would cost extra to add this) and no derived surround from your stereo CDs (This would have been FREE with the DTS license.) Having the tape player is a good idea for books on tape while driving - I use these a lot.
Old 03-02-2004, 09:26 PM
Instructor

All I know if they corrected just about all the things I thought my 02 TL-S needed. This car is great.
Old 03-03-2004, 01:55 AM
Drifting

The thing I would like is a docking station for my iPod.