AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G TL (2004-2008) (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/)
-   -   TL vs. TT-S? (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/tl-vs-tt-s-577014/)

dAveSPEC 06-11-2005 07:15 PM

TL vs. TT-S?

I managed to apprehend one of these cars on the road today, and gave it some spirited competition. While I didn't "race" him per se, he was a very experienced driver and the car was lightning quick through saturday afternoon traffic. I did notice the car was quick on accel but after a second or two I was able to gain albeit not that much in 3rd and 4th gear, probably due to the weight. Keep in mind there was a very narrow speed window. The 6 speed was nice by the way. :thumbsup:

No idea if he had it floored but I flashed him a couple times and he waved back when we parted. I told myself I was going to save gas on the road home today from work too, instead of doing a constant 80 to 85 mpg.

Anyone have any specs or more knowledge on the car itself?

ndx2 06-11-2005 07:25 PM

Tt-s?

dAveSPEC 06-11-2005 07:27 PM

2005 Audi TT-S ?

Sorry mods...

ndx2 06-11-2005 07:45 PM

ah, the TT S line. it's quite a bit quicker than the TL... never really went up on one myself. most TT drivers i've seen are older, classier gents who like to cruise, and do not usually go against red light racers. one of my favorite cars of all time.

crashish 06-11-2005 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by ndx2
ah, the TT S line. it's quite a bit quicker than the TL... never really went up on one myself. most TT drivers i've seen are older, classier gents who like to cruise, and do not usually go against red light racers. one of my favorite cars of all time.

They may be fast, but I think they look ugly, much like squashed VW Beetles. :ugh:

Steel 06-12-2005 03:22 PM

My sister has one.

It seems that down low they win, on the highway it's even to a slow TL pull.

Russdaddy 06-12-2005 10:09 PM

Yeah that seems to be the case with the TT and the kind of folks that tend to drive these cars. I've never seen one go all out unlike the many S2000's that I've seen get it on from time to time on the freeway.

Pro Stock John 06-13-2005 12:10 PM

I thought the TT was a high 14 second car? My 6MT should be able to beat one, but I have not had one try to race me.