Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TL vs. STi vs. Firehawk vs. :cough: Eclipse :cough:

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 01:53 PM
now with four rings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TL vs. STi vs. Firehawk vs. :cough: Eclipse :cough:

alright, this will probably be a lengthy post since this is the coolest race i've ever been in!

i'm driving home on my lunch break down Riverside...it's a long stretch of road and i can see an eclipse and firehawk way up ahead...so i get going to catch up to them...they're doing the speed limit but both are turning left, the same way i'm going...so i know something has to happen...the next intersection has two lanes that go through the light, with the right lane ending not long after the light and traffic has to merge left...the firehawk pulls up in the left lane, eclipse behind him, and me behind the eclipse...i wanted to move into the right lane and go head-to-head, but some white car was there (damnit!)...BUT, after doing a double-take, i notice the white car is a debadged STi...had a huge stock wing and exhaust, so i assume it was an STi...so, i move over into the right lane and get behind the STi...now it's the four of us with a 2+2 setup...then i notice the STi in front of me is a GIRL (and a cute one from what i could tell)! ...light turns green and i think she hesitated to see what we were gonna do, but then she floored it (i could see gas fumes shoot out the exhaust everytime she hit it)...so i gassed it, easily leaving the eclipse and firehawk in the dust...i only made it to 3rd gear before the race was over, but could have easily beat the STi had i been in front of her...actually, i could have beat her from starting behind her like i did, but would have probably cut her off (or close to it) since the right lane ends less than 1/4 mile after the intersection...plus it's ladies first...

so her and i are cruising up to the next light and she gives me the peace sign and i return with a thumbs up...finally the firehawk and eclipse arrive at the light and that was about it...the STi and i kept driving on down the road, but my turn was coming up as she went on...before making the turn i gave her the see ya 'round wave and she did the same...

it's nice to end races on a friendly note and even better to see the females interested in the same thing...
Old 02-19-2007, 02:18 PM
The Boss

I don't think a 2004 TL with your current mod can take a STi off the line......

I don't think a STi would debadge it's car...... it's like saying a corvette zo6 owner taking off the zo6 badge....... why would they.......

nice run however
Old 02-19-2007, 02:48 PM
now with four rings

very good point...and after posting this topic, i thought it probably was a WRX instead...there's no way i could take an STi...at least off the line...

i typed the initial post right when i got home after the race, so my adrenaline was still kicking...
Old 02-20-2007, 01:56 AM
Instructor

hmmmmm the sti didnt launch tho so and it had a female driver........and as for the debadging my friend has an STI Debadged just cause he thinks it looks better so i dont doubt it was an STI but remember under the right conditions an STI with no launch is a beatable opponent.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:59 AM
Instructor

cont: what im suprised about is the Firehawk loosing so easily.......firehawks are monsters and i know it might be a little old and probably lost some power but my friend has a firehawk and raced my friend with the debadged STI ( when the STI was STOCK) and although the STI got off the line faster at the end of third the firehawk managed to reel him in and destroyed him by the end of 4th.
Old 02-20-2007, 08:16 AM
now with four rings

Originally Posted by Sprtan-117
cont: what im suprised about is the Firehawk loosing so easily.......firehawks are monsters and i know it might be a little old and probably lost some power but my friend has a firehawk and raced my friend with the debadged STI ( when the STI was STOCK) and although the STI got off the line faster at the end of third the firehawk managed to reel him in and destroyed him by the end of 4th.
this wasn't an older firehawk...it was one of the more recent ones (2000ish)...it looks like a firebird, but the front is slightly different...plus it said 'firehawk' along the bottom front sides of the car...i'm sure it was a base firehawk, though...didn't have dual exhaust or anything like that...at least not that i could see...

the eclipse could have been a GS model, but it was debadged as well...just judging by the stock wing and size of exhaust...
Old 02-20-2007, 08:31 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,090 Likes on 767 Posts
if i had an STi, i would def debadge it completely and probably find a regular WRX trunk lid and hood in order to throw people off...
Old 02-20-2007, 09:42 AM
The Boss

Originally Posted by KaMLuNg
if i had an STi, i would def debadge it completely and probably find a regular WRX trunk lid and hood in order to throw people off...

If I had a Camaro SS, I'd debadge it and put a V6 emblem on it
Old 02-20-2007, 09:44 AM
i am so smart S M R T

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
[QUOTE=rimz]this wasn't an older firehawk...it was one of the more recent ones (2000ish)...it looks like a firebird, but the front is slightly different...plus it said 'firehawk' along the bottom front sides of the car...i'm sure it was a base firehawk, though...didn't have dual exhaust or anything like that...at least not that i could see...

it probably said firebird if it only had one exhaust
Old 02-21-2007, 01:12 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by BoostedJack

I don't think a STi would debadge it's car...... it's like saying a corvette zo6 owner taking off the zo6 badge....... why would they.......

nice run however
My friend has a srt that he debadged & took of the rims to make it look like an ordinary neon. You could imagine how many times he gets picked on and makes the other guy look like an idiot!
Old 02-21-2007, 12:10 PM
now with four rings

If I had a Camaro SS, I'd debadge it and put a V6 emblem on it
would you de-nose the hood as well...? ...unless you're referring to an older SS, but i wouldn't trust the older ones anyways since they're all pretty damn fast no matter what badge is or isn't on them...
Old 02-21-2007, 01:01 PM
03' NBP TL-S

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the STI would rape u.

it must of been a wrx or the girl didn't know how to drive. or wasn't trying.
Old 02-21-2007, 03:10 PM
'10 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Keeping up with an STI with an A/T TL with only a CAI is only possible if they short shift.
Old 02-21-2007, 04:49 PM
Wish

Originally Posted by KaMLuNg
i would do the same thing! in fact, if i had any car that was a type S, or type R, or STI, etc.. i would debadge it.. so ppl wouldn't know wat they are messin with

plus it would be a shame to lose one day due to drive error when the opponenet knows u have a good car.
Old 02-24-2007, 12:59 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by t7n7
i would do the same thing! in fact, if i had any car that was a type S, or type R, or STI, etc.. i would debadge it.. so ppl wouldn't know wat they are messin with

plus it would be a shame to lose one day due to drive error when the opponenet knows u have a good car.

i would never debadge a type R, those are limited production, STI is an everyday car, countless numbers of em
Old 03-02-2007, 05:53 PM
7th Gear

nice run however

There are tons of poeple that debadge their sti's.
Old 03-03-2007, 07:21 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by rimz
this wasn't an older firehawk...it was one of the more recent ones (2000ish)...it looks like a firebird, but the front is slightly different...plus it said 'firehawk' along the bottom front sides of the car...i'm sure it was a base firehawk, though...didn't have dual exhaust or anything like that...at least not that i could see...

the eclipse could have been a GS model, but it was debadged as well...just judging by the stock wing and size of exhaust...
Sorry dude, but if it was a Firehawk... you would have lost if he was racing... not even close..
Old 03-04-2007, 12:33 AM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Eoanou
Keeping up with an STI with an A/T TL with only a CAI is only possible if they short shift.

LOL. Or maybe none of the other drivers were actually racing and only rimz was stomping on his car?