Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TL vs. Neon

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2004, 08:10 AM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by apwalsh
Why doesn't everyone just ignore this pillowmuncher? Who cares what he thinks. I can name at least 20 cars that are faster than the TL and I don't know much about cars! Does that mean the TL is a piece of crap? NO.

Who cares about a Neon? that name is just so annoying that if the car cost 10K and could beat a ferrari, it's still a f*cking Neon and I'd never buy one.
Where did I call the TL "a piece of crap?"
Old 03-10-2004, 08:13 AM
Drifting

Originally posted by Norse396
[B]Somehow I doubt that 35 year old cars are worried about it. Someday when you grow up you'll realize that cars like the TL weren't meant to be compared to cars built by anybody 35 years ago and only people with some kind of brain tumor would compare them on a daily basis and expect others to agree.
What do you mean "meant to be compared?"

Basic Physics was the same in 1969 as it it today.

POWER = FORCE * VELOCITY

thus

POWER = MASS * ACCELERATION * VELOCITY

Hence, "335 WHP" (according to you) in a 3,700 pound car should BLOW AWAY 230 WHP in a 3,550 pound car.

That's not the case, of course, since the L78 never produced anything CLOSE to "335 WHP" as delivered to the customer.

Get it?
Old 03-10-2004, 08:15 AM
Drifting

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
What some people think of cars like the TL/ES 330/I-35. Still Accords, Camry's and Maximas no matter what u call em. Still a fucking Honda/Toyota/Nissan.
Ssssshhhhhhhhhh...You're not allowed to say that.
Old 03-10-2004, 08:20 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Skeedatl
lol...
Old 03-10-2004, 08:30 AM
Race Director

dude whoever you are go away

Go buy a neon and get your arm sore pulling the windows down and go sit on your crappy interior.

I would rather have a luxiourious car all around, than tell people I own a NEON just because its fast. Some people have class, looks like your not one of them.
Old 03-10-2004, 08:34 AM
Drifting

Originally posted by 2004TL
dude whoever you are go away

Go buy a neon and get your arm sore pulling the windows down and go sit on your crappy interior.

I would rather have a luxiourious car all around, than tell people I own a NEON just because its fast. Some people have class, looks like your not one of them.
My new Accord EX/V6 has plenty of "class," though I didn't obtain it to "tell people" anything.
Old 03-10-2004, 08:36 AM
Lurker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
And 2 more take the lure of this dumbass troll.
Old 03-10-2004, 08:38 AM
Banned

I was merely laughing at the pic. you posted.
Old 03-10-2004, 08:52 AM
Pro

Personally I can't see how the TL could be in a comparison involving the Dodge Neon..
Not that I'm justifying his posts but, this could all stem from Car & Driver's comments in their Dodge SRT-4 writeup (April 2004):

'There is a light pull at the wheel when you floor it in first and second, but compared with the Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V and Acura TL Type S (both cars have that high powered front drive, limited slip recipe), the SRT4 is a revelation.

$.02
Old 03-10-2004, 09:38 AM
Drifting

Originally posted by VQ35DE
Not that I'm justifying his posts but, this could all stem from Car & Driver's comments in their Dodge SRT-4 writeup (April 2004):

'There is a light pull at the wheel when you floor it in first and second, but compared with the Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V and Acura TL Type S (both cars have that high powered front drive, limited slip recipe), the SRT4 is a revelation.

$.02
Read the READERS COMMENTS section @ the front of that issue.

The new TL has FAR MORE torque steer than the old TL TYPE S.:wow:
Old 03-10-2004, 10:16 AM
Lurker

Of course not...it all stems from the fact that Mullethead is a dumbass troll who does this not only here, but in other forums too.
Old 03-10-2004, 11:04 AM
Drifting

Is this guy the one who has a sholomaro???...I seem to remember him starting threads about how much better a Camaro is than an Acura.....if you want to measure 1/4 mile drag races as a measure of quality.....get a life dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-10-2004, 12:15 PM
Pro

Of course not...it all stems from the fact that Mullethead is a dumbass troll who does this not only here, but in other forums too.
:lol2: :lol2:
Old 03-10-2004, 05:09 PM
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 6 Posts
I got taken by a Neon. I lost fair and square. The little
car is quick. I have even taken a test drive in one,
and as quick as they are, they are a BEATING to drive.

I think if you drove one across country, your spine would
be jammed, you would be deaf, and your teeth would
have rattled out.
Old 03-10-2004, 05:12 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by JetJock
Is this guy the one who has a sholomaro???...I seem to remember him starting threads about how much better a Camaro is than an Acura.....if you want to measure 1/4 mile drag races as a measure of quality.....get a life dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pardon me?

The 1LE Camaro would destroy a TL around a road racing circuit, too.

And I never used the term, "better."

I did note, however, that a 1LE Z28 will essentially run with an Acura NSX - drag stip and road racing circuit, for ~ 1/4 the money while getting better mileage, being able to seat 4 and offering vastly more luggage space.:wow:
Old 03-10-2004, 05:13 PM
Pro

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
What some people think of cars like the TL/ES 330/I-35. Still Accords, Camry's and Maximas no matter what u call em. Still a fucking Honda/Toyota/Nissan.
You just said the same thing 3 different ways.... And you're right plenty of people think that way. I know these cars do not have the same quality of a Mercedes, but the quality of Lexus/Infinity/Acura does surpass the quality of Toyota/Nissan/Honda in most cases. Alot of people think that a Porsche is the same as a VW, but it doesn't make it true.
Old 03-10-2004, 05:14 PM
Pro

Originally posted by harddrivin1le
Where did I call the TL "a piece of crap?"
Where did I say that you said that the TL is "a piece of crap?"
Old 03-10-2004, 05:19 PM
Pro

Pardon me?

The 1LE Camaro would destroy a TL around a road racing circuit, too.

And I never used the term, "better."

I did note, however, that a 1LE Z28 will essentially run with an Acura NSX - drag stip and road racing circuit, for ~ 1/4 the money while getting better mileage, being able to seat 4 and offering vastly more luggage space.:wow:
Seat 4? The backseat in a Camaro is about as useful as this thread. Might have enough room to fit the tail end of a mullet, though
Old 03-10-2004, 05:24 PM
Burning Brakes

What do you mean "meant to be compared?"
Simple english, if you need it explained you're more worse off than I thought.

Basic Physics was the same in 1969 as it it today.
Really, was the TL there back in 1969? Compare apples to apples.

POWER = FORCE * VELOCITY

thus

POWER = MASS * ACCELERATION * VELOCITY
Thus according to you everything is comparable. Have fun, nobody cares.

Hence, "335 WHP" (according to you) in a 3,700 pound car should BLOW AWAY 230 WHP in a 3,550 pound car.
No, this is you talking, I never said any such thing and you know it. You took my words, twisted them to fit your childish rants and continue to use it.

That's not the case, of course, since the L78 never produced anything CLOSE to "335 WHP" as delivered to the customer.
You still don't get it, yet you still argue it. Find a 2 year old and have fun because they might understand your gibberish.

Get it?
I got it a long time ago, not sure where you are or why you never get it. Reading more of your posts only proves how stuck your brain is on one topic that nobody cares about.
Old 03-10-2004, 05:26 PM
Drifting

Simple english, if you need it explained you're more worse off than I thought.

Really, was the TL there back in 1969? Compare apples to apples.

Thus according to you everything is comparable. Have fun, nobody cares.

No, this is you talking, I never said any such thing and you know it. You took my words, twisted them to fit your childish rants and continue to use it.

You still don't get it, yet you still argue it. Find a 2 year old and have fun because they might understand your gibberish.

I got it a long time ago, not sure where you are or why you never get it. Reading more of your posts only proves how stuck your brain is on one topic that nobody cares about.
L78 Chevelles never made anything CLOSE to "335 RWHP" in anything that resembled stock form.:p
Old 03-10-2004, 05:27 PM
Drifting

Seat 4? The backseat in a Camaro is about as useful as this thread. Might have enough room to fit the tail end of a mullet, though
The back seat in the Camaro is downright useful compared to that of the Integra a friend of mine has...
Old 03-10-2004, 05:34 PM
Andrenaline Junkie

And 2 more take the lure of this dumbass troll.
But he's such an easy target. If harddrivin spent as much time working as he did on his computer, he'd be driving the E55 AMG.
Old 03-10-2004, 05:39 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by Swat Dude
But he's such an easy target. If harddrivin spent as much time working as he did on his computer, he'd be driving the E55 AMG.
Why do you assume that net worth is proportional to the amount of money people spend on the cars they drive?
Old 03-10-2004, 05:41 PM
Andrenaline Junkie

Why do you assume that net worth is proportional to the amount of money people spend on the cars they drive?
It usually isn't. Most people that really have it don't flaunt it and the rest of us are mortgaged up the ass trying to keep up with the Jone's.

But as usually, you missed my point entirely...which was, if you spent as much time and effort working as you did on this forum, you could pay cash for an E55.
Old 03-10-2004, 05:42 PM
Drifting

It usually isn't. Most people that really have it don't flaunt it and the rest of us are mortgaged up the ass trying to keep up with the Jone's.

But as usually, you missed my point entirely...which was, if you spent as much time and effort working as you did on this forum, you could pay cash for an E55.
I could pay cash for an E55 now if I were dumb enough to do so.
Old 03-10-2004, 05:46 PM
Andrenaline Junkie

I could pay cash for an E55 now if I were dumb enough to do so.
Whatever!!!!!!
Old 03-10-2004, 05:53 PM
Drifting

Whatever!!!!!!
http://www.easnetwork.com/eas/Millionaire_Next_Door.asp
Old 03-10-2004, 05:57 PM
Andrenaline Junkie

http://www.easnetwork.com/eas/Millionaire_Next_Door.asp
So your neighbor is pretty loaded, huh? But what does that have to do with you and your Accord???

My TL is a company perk so I didn't pay a dime for it...Beat that...

nanner, nanner!
Old 03-10-2004, 06:11 PM
Lurker

You got hooked Swat Dude...he's reeling ya in.
Old 03-10-2004, 06:11 PM
Drifting

So your neighbor is pretty loaded, huh? But what does that have to do with you and your Accord???

My TL is a company perk so I didn't pay a dime for it...Beat that...

nanner, nanner!
I simply LAUGH @ the way people ASSUME that others "can't afford" a given car simply because they aren't willing to pay for it.

Good, your TL is a company perk. I'd GLADLY take one if my company offered it to me.

On the other hand, If YOU had to pay for the car you might very well have decided that the Accord EX/V6 sedan represented a much better VALUE. That's the decision I came to.

I could have had the TL for another ~ $7,500.

That's "nothing," but it actually adds up to quite a bit if that difference is well invested instead.

Cars are disposable items. As much as I love them, that means there's a limit on what I'm willing to pay for them.
Old 03-10-2004, 06:54 PM
Andrenaline Junkie

All in good fun my friend. I always up for a little verbal judo!
Old 03-10-2004, 07:05 PM
Drifting

Aren't you overdue for one of your enlightening IMAGE posts which pokes fun at poor retarted and/or inbred souls stuck in low class lifestyles?
Old 03-10-2004, 07:06 PM
Pro

The back seat in the Camaro is downright useful compared to that of the Integra a friend of mine has...
What, are you kidding? Who gives a shit about the backseat compared to an Integra? Why would you even mention that....

unbelievable
Old 03-10-2004, 07:09 PM
Lurker

Backseats are important to Mullethead. He and his sister spend a lot of evenings back there.
Old 03-10-2004, 07:15 PM
Pro

Backseats are important to Mullethead. He and his sister spend a lot of evenings back there.
:yack:
Old 03-10-2004, 07:16 PM
Drifting

What, are you kidding? Who gives a shit about the backseat compared to an Integra? Why would you even mention that....

unbelievable
Because the car can seat 4 in a pinch...and it can hold a respectable amount of cargo. The NSX can't do either.

It was also EPA rated @ 19 city/28 highway, produced ~ 300 REAR WHEEL HP in bone stock trim and could essentially run with an NSX (even around corners, when equipped with RPO 1LE) for ~ 1/4 the price.:wow:

Why can't "high tech" Acura build a car that offers performance/dollar that's at least comparable to what GM offered 6 model years ago? And why does Honda's S2000 get WORSE mileage than my Z28, despite the fact that it's ~ 600 pounds lighter, uses an engine that's nearly ONE-THIRD the size and is down by ~ 100 HP and ~ 200 LB-FT of torque????

(You'll want to avoid that question and post a stupid image file that's totally unrelated).
Old 03-10-2004, 07:30 PM
Burning Brakes

harddrivin1le,

Since no engineer from acura is here to answer your questions why don't you write the people who can? Sheeeeesh.

While you're at it go to an S2000 forum and ask them if they care if their car doesn't measure up in your mind then head over to an NSX forum and tell them just how superiour you camaro is in every way and see what they say.

Last time I checked this was an Acura TL forum, you keep missing that fact. You own an Accord, why not head over to an Accord forum and explain to everybody there how your car is so much better than theirs.

You serve no purpose here what-so-ever. It's as if you feel this need to spread the exact same message to every corner of the Earth and nobody is interested....
Old 03-10-2004, 07:33 PM
Drifting

harddrivin1le,

Since no engineer from acura is here to answer your questions why don't you write the people who can? Sheeeeesh.

While you're at it go to an S2000 forum and ask them if they care if their car doesn't measure up in your mind then head over to an NSX forum and tell them just how superiour you camaro is in every way and see what they say.

Last time I checked this was an Acura TL forum, you keep missing that fact. You own an Accord, why not head over to an Accord forum and explain to everybody there how your car is so much better than theirs.

You serve no purpose here what-so-ever. It's as if you feel this need to spread the exact same message to every corner of the Earth and nobody is interested....
Where have I stated that the Accord is "better" than a TL?

I have said that my particular Accord doesn't rattle...I'm sure that some do...

Beyond that, the TL is the better car...It's simply not the better VALUE.

How much RWHP did 1969 L78 Chevelles make again?:grenade:
Old 03-10-2004, 07:35 PM
Banned

Who cares....
Old 03-10-2004, 07:43 PM
Pro

Because the car can seat 4 in a pinch...and it can hold a respectable amount of cargo. The NSX can't do either.

It was also EPA rated @ 19 city/28 highway, produced ~ 300 REAR WHEEL HP in bone stock trim and could essentially run with an NSX (even around corners, when equipped with RPO 1LE) for ~ 1/4 the price.:wow:

Why can't "high tech" Acura build a car that offers performance/dollar that's at least comparable to what GM offered 6 model years ago? And why does Honda's S2000 get WORSE mileage than my Z28, despite the fact that it's ~ 600 pounds lighter, uses an engine that's nearly ONE-THIRD the size and is down by ~ 100 HP and ~ 200 LB-FT of torque????

(You'll want to avoid that question and post a stupid image file that's totally unrelated).
I don't think the NSX and Camaro are direct competitors anyway so who cares? If you buy the NSX, you know full well that you are not getting a Griswold family vacation car.

It just seems like you are mad at Acura, you actually answered questions that I did not ask. Maybe you were directing them at someone else, but you quoted my post when you did it.

If the rest of those paragraphs were directed at me, I don't care about any of that crap about mileage, the S2000 vs Camaro or anything else that wasn't related to my post.

Quick Reply: TL vs. Neon