3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TL VS Mercedes Who Will Win! Survey!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2006, 06:31 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TL VS Mercedes Who Will Win! Survey!!!!!!!

Hello everyone, I'm conducting a survey about TL experience with Mercedes. Please post any past experience with any model Mercedes you may have.

This morning I was driving my (97) S500, with 100K, and a new model TL was behide me for 10 minutes til we were both on the freeway. I was minding my own business, then the TL accelerated very fast I followed the TL at this piont we were both going past the speed limit (racing is illegal on public roads) we were not racing each other, I was just late for work. Then out of nowhere this RSX type S cut right in front of me for no reason. I was pissed, especially at those speed (close to triple digits). This SOB was stupid, I respect RSX on the streets, because I saw a RSX VS BMW 540i (auto), but lets be real on the highway. Oh please get outta my way before I run your ass to hell. OK so I have no respect for RSX, TL I have respect. Anyways, I down shift my 5 speed auto down to third then up to 4 and bam, I passed both TL and RSX. RSX did not have a chance since he was not ready, the SOB did not want any of this and gave up.

OK I passed the TL doing triple digits; he was not involved until now because he saw me passed the RSX. I did not want to drive this fast but its too late, I was pissed. 3 seconds later the TL was in pursuit, trying to catch up. Then I floored the gas, at this time I was 5 car length 2 seconds later 8 car length. The TL was able to gain some and stayed 4 car length behind. He never was able to pass me. Although I had a head start, I wonder how fast TL really are. He later gave up. He was trying to catch me at 110mph, then try to catch me at 120, and finally gave up at 140 doing 45k rpm. On most highway speeds my rpm is at under 2k rpm, that is because of the 5 speed auto and the big V8 I have. Was the TL just scared at 140 or can the car go faster but just the driver was weak!!!!!!! My car will Vmax at 157mph, I think. Many Mercedes S500 could do over 150mph. It can beat car with speed limiter, like M3................. eventually.

I use to work at Herzt and have driven many cars so I know which car I can beat, also I had a 90 Civic SI and did 120mph on stock motor even though the factory top speed is 115mph, but at the cost of two fuel pumps. I am constently late for work so that will explain my driving habits. (racing is illegal)

I want to know how many seconds it will take from 75 to 120mph, and also what is the top speed on the TL . Those will answer my question whether I can out run a TL on the highway. I know they are fast on the streets, like most new Japanese with over 200hp, but can the TL beat Mercedes on the highway. I am talking about stock cars only and on the highway only. This is not a put down for Japanese car owners, It's just to comfirm the quickness of the TL. I know they are fast but can they do over 150mph? Many Mercedes can do over 140mph, this is a known fact. I have an E420 and a S500 with 160mph speedo and on these cars 100-130mph is effortless. They both have big V8 with 4 valves per cylinder and variable timing, its just like Vtec. Except Mercedes calls it variable timing.

Ok I hope this thread does not upset anyone, I just need a confirmation on the TL performance that's all. Please don't try to anylize, everything I say, I'm just a person trying to find the truth. I don't claim to be the fastest, my friends civic can do 1/4 mile in 11 seconds, that faster than a S65 AMG which cost over 100K.

thanks for sharing your stories! BTW there will be some spelling errors.
Old 02-25-2006, 07:15 PM
Cruisin'

Keep driving like that and you'll die. Hopefully it's just you and not some innocent guy like me on his way to or from work.

You don't deserve a license.
Old 02-25-2006, 07:26 PM
10th Gear

maybe

I knew someone Would say something like that. But people being human will do stupid things. I know it is the wrong thing to do, and I always have nightmares of dieing in a fatal car accident at high speed. Please understand that this was not done in heavy traffic, there were only a few cars and no traffic ahead.
Old 02-25-2006, 07:30 PM
Banned

Hm... Interesting... I'd have to say that the driver held back.. If I had that car, neither win nor loose, I'd definitely try to make you run for you money anyway... besides, I'm a new yorker.. might as well call it a habit to drive like a lunatic. Let's put it this way, If i were to drive smart and up/down-shift at the right times, and actually stay behind you (drafting) for a few secs, I'd actually be able to keep up with you. I've done so.. twice before.. with a 99 S500 and a 97 E55 AMG. .. By the way, I have a stock 1999 3.2 TL. Here's a list of the other cars I've destroyed...

1996 Nissan Maxima GLE (Modded)
1999 Acura Integra GSR (modded... next door neighbor's)
2001 BMW 330i
2000 BMW 325i
2003 BMW 325ci
2003 Mercedes C230
1999 Mercedes CLK230
1996, 1998, & 1999 Mustang Cobras
1 2004 Pontiac Gran Prix
1 2002 RSX Type-S (It was modded out.. too close of a race)

If I were to ever go against you... This would ONLY be on an open road at 2 in the morning when there are NO other cars in sight... I'm surprised you've yet been to be involved in an accident.. just be careful man
Old 02-25-2006, 07:39 PM
about::blank

Originally Posted by joe80055
Hm... Interesting... I'd have to say that the driver held back.. If I had that car, neither win nor loose, I'd definitely try to make you run for you money anyway... besides, I'm a new yorker.. might as well call it a habit to drive like a lunatic. Let's put it this way, If i were to drive smart and up/down-shift at the right times, and actually stay behind you (drafting) for a few secs, I'd actually be able to keep up with you. I've done so.. twice before.. with a 99 S500 and a 97 E55 AMG. .. By the way, I have a stock 1999 3.2 TL. Here's a list of the other cars I've destroyed...

2001 BMW 330i
2000 BMW 325i
2003 BMW 325ci
2003 Mercedes C230
1999 Mercedes CLK230
1 2004 Pontiac Gran Prix

If I were to ever go against you... This would ONLY be on an open road at 2 in the morning when there are NO other cars in sight... I'm surprised you've yet been to be involved in an accident.. just be careful man
are you saying you destroyed the cars on your list with one of the MB's or with your stock tl?? if you are saying the TL, i am going to call
a cobra would leave a tl by plane-lengths
Old 02-25-2006, 07:50 PM
10th Gear

OK guys driving fast is illegal but we all do it, whether it be 75 or 140mph If by chance another car cut in front of you would you or the car be quick enough to respond. In my case yes, in a TL yes , in a Toyta tercel ? definately not.

Please do not repond it you have negative comments to say, It will be a drag for other readers too. This is just a survey for insane drivers who owns TLs. thanks
Old 02-25-2006, 08:09 PM
Instructor

Just research the information on the Internet. The TL has been tested by plenty of magazines. http://www.fantasycars.com/sedans/
Old 02-25-2006, 08:29 PM
04 NBP 6MT

The search function holds the answer to your questions.
Old 02-25-2006, 08:59 PM
10th Gear

Searching the web only hold some answers, what I want is real TL VS. Mercedes data. My top speed is faster than TL top speed and I have more HP 315hp VS. TLs 270hp what what does that really mean? Nothing in the real world. I have had Civic beat me at the stop light. Data can only say so much. I'm just looking for TL VS. Mercedes stories like Joe80055 . Thanks
Old 02-25-2006, 10:43 PM
I'm in

Received 20 Likes on 5 Posts
Well the odometer tops out at 160, but I think its electronically limited at 152 I believe.
I've taken my TL up to 120, um maybe others can give you some more answers.
Old 02-25-2006, 11:52 PM
Banned

To TallyCL-S ... Yes, it is possible to beat a cobra with a 99 stock tl... I'm not rich enough to own a benz yet.. give it a few years. it's the timing and driving technique that counts more than just raw power. Once I get sucked into that little vaccuum between me and the car in front, it's easy for me to catch up in the high 5 - 6,000 rpm's in 3rd gear. By the time I notice myself in 4th, i'll be going about 140 or so. I've never dared to go any faster with such a heavy car. Let's put it this way, Before this TL, I still own my first car.. a 1995 Toyota Avalon XL. (currently at 187,980 miles).. now, imagine me using that against a 3000 GT... one would think there's no match.. but yet, irony kicks in ---> Rt. 10 in RI topped out at 134 mph (had the govenor removed, it was clear at night) and beat the guy.

... Need I say more?

Once again... You're not required to believe me about all of this, I just speak of what I've witnessed.. nothing more.

To : Benzsu ... you're welcome. I have yet to top out my car.. I'll have to go to a track to do this I guess.
Old 02-26-2006, 01:38 AM
TWO-FOUR

Originally Posted by benzsu
Hello everyone, I'm conducting a survey about TL experience with Mercedes. Please post any past experience with any model Mercedes you may have.

This morning I was driving my (97) S500, with 100K, and a new model TL was behide me for 10 minutes til we were both on the freeway. I was minding my own business, then the TL accelerated very fast I followed the TL at this piont we were both going past the speed limit (racing is illegal on public roads) we were not racing each other, I was just late for work. Then out of nowhere this RSX type S cut right in front of me for no reason. I was pissed, especially at those speed (close to triple digits). This SOB was stupid, I respect RSX on the streets, because I saw a RSX VS BMW 540i (auto), but lets be real on the highway. Oh please get outta my way before I run your ass to hell. OK so I have no respect for RSX, TL I have respect. Anyways, I down shift my 5 speed auto down to third then up to 4 and bam, I passed both TL and RSX. RSX did not have a chance since he was not ready, the SOB did not want any of this and gave up.

OK I passed the TL doing triple digits; he was not involved until now because he saw me passed the RSX. I did not want to drive this fast but its too late, I was pissed. 3 seconds later the TL was in pursuit, trying to catch up. Then I floored the gas, at this time I was 5 car length 2 seconds later 8 car length. The TL was able to gain some and stayed 4 car length behind. He never was able to pass me. Although I had a head start, I wonder how fast TL really are. He later gave up. He was trying to catch me at 110mph, then try to catch me at 120, and finally gave up at 140 doing 45k rpm. On most highway speeds my rpm is at under 2k rpm, that is because of the 5 speed auto and the big V8 I have. Was the TL just scared at 140 or can the car go faster but just the driver was weak!!!!!!! My car will Vmax at 157mph, I think. Many Mercedes S500 could do over 150mph. It can beat car with speed limiter, like M3................. eventually.

I use to work at Herzt and have driven many cars so I know which car I can beat, also I had a 90 Civic SI and did 120mph on stock motor even though the factory top speed is 115mph, but at the cost of two fuel pumps. I am constently late for work so that will explain my driving habits. (racing is illegal)

I want to know how many seconds it will take from 75 to 120mph, and also what is the top speed on the TL . Those will answer my question whether I can out run a TL on the highway. I know they are fast on the streets, like most new Japanese with over 200hp, but can the TL beat Mercedes on the highway. I am talking about stock cars only and on the highway only. This is not a put down for Japanese car owners, It's just to comfirm the quickness of the TL. I know they are fast but can they do over 150mph? Many Mercedes can do over 140mph, this is a known fact. I have an E420 and a S500 with 160mph speedo and on these cars 100-130mph is effortless. They both have big V8 with 4 valves per cylinder and variable timing, its just like Vtec. Except Mercedes calls it variable timing.

Ok I hope this thread does not upset anyone, I just need a confirmation on the TL performance that's all. Please don't try to anylize, everything I say, I'm just a person trying to find the truth. I don't claim to be the fastest, my friends civic can do 1/4 mile in 11 seconds, that faster than a S65 AMG which cost over 100K.

IVE HAD MY 02 TL TYPE S ALL STOCK UP TO ABOUT 124 BUT I LET OFF.
WASENT GIVEING ALL SHE HAD BUT DAMN NEAR DONT KNOW HOW MUCH MORE SHE HAD. AND GOOD FOR YOU TESTING THOSE OTHER CARS AS LONG AS VERY LITE TRAFFICK.
Old 02-26-2006, 02:30 AM

To TallyCL-S ... Yes, it is possible to beat a cobra with a 99 stock tl... I'm not rich enough to own a benz yet.. give it a few years. it's the timing and driving technique that counts more than just raw power.
i agree that it is the driver's skill that takes the race, that being said, the person driving the cobra that you "raced" must have been a fucking geriatric or retard.
THERE IS NO WAY A STOCK TL-P CAN BEAT A MUSTANG COBRA.
In the 1/4 mile, the stock tl-p is a 16+ second car, the cobra is a 13 second car, think about it.

Once I get sucked into that little vaccuum between me and the car in front, it's easy for me to catch up in the high 5 - 6,000 rpm's in 3rd gear. By the time I notice myself in 4th, i'll be going about 140 or so. I've never dared to go any faster with such a heavy car. Let's put it this way, Before this TL, I still own my first car.. a 1995 Toyota Avalon XL. (currently at 187,980 miles).. now, imagine me using that against a 3000 GT... one would think there's no match.. but yet, irony kicks in ---> Rt. 10 in RI topped out at 134 mph (had the govenor removed, it was clear at night) and beat the guy.
lay off the drugs.
the 3000gt is a joke. my 4 cylinder honda accord could keep up with a v6 tiburon until about 60mph, who cares.

My point is that it is impossible for a TL-P to keep up, let alone beat, half of the cars on your list.
Old 02-26-2006, 08:00 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
benzsu, here ya go

This link should give you the info you are looking for concerning the speeds to which some TLers have had their cars.
Old 02-26-2006, 12:24 PM
10th Gear

Joe80055 could be right, about his experience. If you catch the driver off guard, like I did with the TL he was not able to Pass me; he could only tail me and soon gave up. But then again I really think the Cobra driver was WEAK. Cobra are quick but TL has alot of power too, given the right engine speed and shifting time and the driver, it is very possible Joe80055 could be right. Japanese car with big V8 and High Rev V6 are very powerful machine. German cars are the kings of the Autobahn but now they will have to share it with the Japanese cars too. Oh yeah, I just want to remind people that the S500 is almost 6000 pounds a very heavy ass machine and cars of that size are not for racing. Mercedes are not for racing, they are just made to go striaght very fast like in the Autobahn at over 100mph and still stay very stable. Mercedes are very stable even at 140mph, BMW is less stable at that speed, they have great suspension for cornering.

reckless drivers are more dangerous even at normal speed limits, like those who often change lanes. I'm not one of those.
Old 02-26-2006, 12:41 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by TallyCL-S
i agree that it is the driver's skill that takes the race, that being said, the person driving the cobra that you "raced" must have been a fucking geriatric or retard.
THERE IS NO WAY A STOCK TL-P CAN BEAT A MUSTANG COBRA.
In the 1/4 mile, the stock tl-p is a 16+ second car, the cobra is a 13 second car, think about it.

lay off the drugs.
the 3000gt is a joke. my 4 cylinder honda accord could keep up with a v6 tiburon until about 60mph, who cares.

My point is that it is impossible for a TL-P to keep up, let alone beat, half of the cars on your list.
Cobra are very fast, but I don't think we are not talking about 0-60 or the 1/4 here. maybe the Cobra is not as powerful from 120 to 140mph as the TL. All cars have a sweet spot. Maybe the power bandwith for TL is from 100 to 120mph. In my car 80 to 100mph is 2 seconds. Between 80 to 100mph I can beat alot of cars. 0-60 for my 6000 pound is slow, even new civics are faster. On the highway watch out civic.
Old 02-26-2006, 01:19 PM
6MT & LSD

Joe80055 could be right, about his experience. If you catch the driver off guard, like I did with the TL he was not able to Pass me; he could only tail me and soon gave up. But then again I really think the Cobra driver was WEAK. Cobra are quick but TL has alot of power too, given the right engine speed and shifting time and the driver, it is very possible Joe80055 could be right. Japanese car with big V8 and High Rev V6 are very powerful machine. German cars are the kings of the Autobahn but now they will have to share it with the Japanese cars too. Oh yeah, I just want to remind people that the S500 is almost 6000 pounds a very heavy ass machine and cars of that size are not for racing. Mercedes are not for racing, they are just made to go striaght very fast like in the Autobahn at over 100mph and still stay very stable. Mercedes are very stable even at 140mph, BMW is less stable at that speed, they have great suspension for cornering.

reckless drivers are more dangerous even at normal speed limits, like those who often change lanes. I'm not one of those.
What are you basing that statement (in bold) on? Just a few sentences back, you stated "German cars are the kings of Autobahn" and then go to claim that MB's are more stable?

Mercedes is not a car, it's a brand. If you're referring to your S class, then say so. Obviously, a C230k coupe will feel a *tad* different than the S class.

BTW, knowingly taking your heavy ass car to triple digits is reckless driving in my book.

Anyway, I haven't came across any MB's that was up to some big dick contest.

Cobra are very fast, but I don't think we are not talking about 0-60 or the 1/4 here. maybe the Cobra is not as powerful from 120 to 140mph as the TL. All cars have a sweet spot. Maybe the power bandwith for TL is from 100 to 120mph. In my car 80 to 100mph is 2 seconds. Between 80 to 100mph I can beat alot of cars. 0-60 for my 6000 pound is slow, even new civics are faster. On the highway watch out civic.
You can't be serious.
Old 02-26-2006, 09:08 PM
10th Gear

ONCE again I am not here trying to put down or think less of others car.

I'm not going to prove or convice you of my opinion if you don't agree. I really hate to read about people arguing back and forth trying to prove or belittle someones opinion.

I have been and driven the Autobahn, and please understand that certain cars are less superior than others in high speed driving. Would you say a Buick Regal can be stable at 100 plus mph? Most sedans have softer suspionsion than German cars. Can anyone really argue about that statement? I'm sure most people have read Car and Driver, Motortrend >>>>>>> and so on. Most car are not and repeaT ARE NOT stable at 100 plus mph. Most cars will become more floaty and lack traction at 100 plus. That is why cars have spoilers (functional ones). For muscle car fans the special 60s Challenger has a hughe spioler. Do you think its for looks, no or stablity dude.

I don't know how much driving experience other people with other cars, but I have worked at HERTZ and have driven different brands of cars. I think Ford owns Hertz and I have driven Volvos and Jags, they are in the Ford family of cars if anyone doesn't know. If its in the Ford family I have driven them at one piont. I have owned Mustang and T-birds. They are not stable at 100 plus.

I base my opinions from actual experience, not someone who just read about it in magazine. Stats and spec does not mean anything. As I stated earlier this is a TL forum and I do respect these cars and other sport car foreign or domestic.

This post is about REAL EXPERIENCE. sorry If I have offended anyone.
Old 02-26-2006, 09:29 PM
10th Gear

ONCE again I am not here trying to put down or think less of others car.

I'm not going to prove or convice you of my opinion if you don't agree. I really hate to read about people arguing back and forth trying to prove or belittle someones opinion.

I have been and driven the Autobahn, and please understand that certain cars are less superior than others in high speed driving. Would you say a Buick Regal can be stable at 100 plus mph? Most sedans have softer suspionsion than German cars. Can anyone really argue about that statement? I'm sure most people have read Car and Driver, Motortrend >>>>>>> and so on. Most car are not and repeaT ARE NOT stable at 100 plus mph. Most cars will become more floaty and lack traction at 100 plus. That is why cars have spoilers (functional ones). For muscle car fans the special 60s Challenger has a hughe spioler. Do you think its for looks, no or stablity dude.

I don't know how much driving experience other people with other cars, but I have worked at HERTZ and have driven different brands of cars. I think Ford owns Hertz and I have driven Volvos and Jags, they are in the Ford family of cars if anyone doesn't know. If its in the Ford family I have driven them at one piont. I have owned Mustang and T-birds. They are not stable at 100 plus.

I base my opinions from actual experience, not someone who just read about it in magazine. Stats and spec does not mean anything. As I stated earlier this is a TL forum and I do respect these cars and other sport car foreign or domestic.

This post is about REAL EXPERIENCE. sorry If I have offended anyone.
Please read though the spelling errors
Old 02-26-2006, 09:41 PM
10th Gear

Reminder, This post is about TL VS Mercedes EXperience. Stock from factory not modified and the dealer, there's a difference. also its about two sedans not Sport cars or GTs VS sedans. Mustang, Vipers, and Vettes are sport cars right? They are not sedans right? I would like to hear about actual experiences only. I care less about which car is faster. Any TL experience with any Mercedes. From C230 to SL65 or TL VS. SLR. I don't care what model TL or Mercedes

Is the clear enough? I'm not here to prove anything just NeeD stories
Old 02-26-2006, 09:50 PM
6MT & LSD

Reminder, This post is about TL VS Mercedes EXperience. Stock from factory not modified and the dealer, there's a difference. also its about two sedans not Sport cars or GTs VS sedans. Mustang, Vipers, and Vettes are sport cars right? They are not sedans right? I would like to hear about actual experiences only. I care less about which car is faster. Any TL experience with any Mercedes. From C230 to SL65 or TL VS. SLR. I don't care what model TL or Mercedes

Is the clear enough? I'm not here to prove anything just NeeD stories
So, which institution did you escape from?
Old 02-26-2006, 10:12 PM
~~~~~~~~~~~

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Here was a post I made about my experience with an MB CL500 from another thread: https://acurazine.com/forums/automotive-news-6/nissan-gt-r-news-118599/

"Ok I have to chime in. Last night on 94 West out of Milwaukee I raced a CL500. I have a 03 TL-S with I/E. I jumped him in 2nd gear around 50mph and by the end of 3rd we were dead even, he kept going I slowed down. He had a passesnger, and some big Lowenhart rims. We went a couple other times once him jumping me but he couldn't pull away last race same thing at which time he swerved at me at close to 100mph, racing done that was BS, that was an asshat move. Anyway if you got a good jump I could see it being close but not beating an SL500."
Old 02-26-2006, 11:15 PM
'06 750Li Sapphire/Creme

I'l start by lettign you know that your S500 Merc CAN NOT outrun a M3. I've owned Beemers and even a CLK55. The TL is a decent car but yes, it is rev limited to 145MPH. Your S500 should also have a similar rev limt as the ONLY Mercs that go to 155 are the AMG version ones (and I don't mean just the AMG badge but a REAL AMG engine like the CLK55 I had before this TL). BTW - Mercs are NOT for this lowly street racing you appear to "get off" on but rather are performance cars. If you do know how to drive one, then you should be forced to give yours back to your mama as she would probably be pissed if she knew here 17 year old child was racing her car!

PS - I am a regualr on the Benz forums and I have NEVER seen you post on a single one of them (poser).
Old 02-26-2006, 11:29 PM
Race Director

Received 1,795 Likes on 1,348 Posts
Originally Posted by ndabunka
....... The TL is a decent car but yes, it is rev limited to 145MPH. .
What's your source of info on this? I seem to remember a few people on this board who have had their TL to above 150. Not sure about the rev limit, but remember reading one of the magazine tests said it was drag limited to 152.
Old 02-26-2006, 11:54 PM
Cruisin'

Well the Benz will outrun the TL in highway. Doesnt matter of the High Speed Limited.

The benz has a HUGE engine compare to the TL.
3.2 VS 5.0 is no game. Altought in 0~100 is a diffeernt story.

And i wanted to say that i had a 2001 TL and 2004 TL.

Are you guys referring the 99 TL beating a Cobra (meaning SVT Mustangs?)

If so, its hard to beat a SVT mustang with the 2004 TL.

There is no CHANCE that a 99 STOCK TL will beat or even o with 2000 SVT Mustang.

And also i had a 2001 With Comtech Downpipes and Exhaust and AEM CAI.

I got my car up to 146 Miles and the tranny blew or somthing cuz the car started jerking and i had to get my Transmission fixed(PLAIN DUMB).

TL VS Maxima VS G35 VS A4 are reasonable.

But S500 is kinda over doing it... WHY WOULD YOU WANNA BE FASTER THAN A S500? And why would a S500 wanna be faster than a TL?
Old 02-26-2006, 11:55 PM
Race Director

Received 1,795 Likes on 1,348 Posts
Top speed questions answered here, sort of

Car and Drive says drag limited at 152
Road and Track says governer at 147

Several members have had their TL to the high 140's with room to go..

Some have made it to 150+
Old 02-27-2006, 12:02 AM
Cruisin'

Its really scary at 145 and thats the MAX i had it up to.

Don't know about having alot more room but it was near the end of the power shortage IMO... Just a little vibration on handle.
Old 02-27-2006, 01:17 AM
10th Gear

I'l start by lettign you know that your S500 Merc CAN NOT outrun a M3. I've owned Beemers and even a CLK55. The TL is a decent car but yes, it is rev limited to 145MPH. Your S500 should also have a similar rev limt as the ONLY Mercs that go to 155 are the AMG version ones (and I don't mean just the AMG badge but a REAL AMG engine like the CLK55 I had before this TL). BTW - Mercs are NOT for this lowly street racing you appear to "get off" on but rather are performance cars. If you do know how to drive one, then you should be forced to give yours back to your mama as she would probably be pissed if she knew here 17 year old child was racing her car!

PS - I am a regualr on the Benz forums and I have NEVER seen you post on a single one of them (poser).
I most defend myself. I'm 34yrs. I own two Mercedes, my moma doesn't drive. I'm not 17 and haven't been for a long time. never would race a M3, because I like Mercedes. You can't call me a poser because you don't know me. I never claim expert so you shouldn't disrespect others OPINION. I know people with M3, M5, some stock others not. I know people in my circles with AMG 55 and 65. Any claim is from real personal experience. If you experience is different goood for you. On the record if you read the original post I did not race. I was cut off then I pass RSX because I was pissed then the TL Followed me at high speed. If to you that is a race, then so be it. To me I was trying to get away from the RSX
Old 02-27-2006, 01:25 AM
10th Gear

I'm 34, own two have own 4 Mercedes, currently still have 2, both with M119 motor. Do you assume there is only one Mercedes forum in this world? Sorry not mama's car.
Old 02-27-2006, 01:36 AM
Skeet Skeet Skeet

2001 BMW 330i
2000 BMW 325i
2003 BMW 325ci
2003 Mercedes C230
1999 Mercedes CLK230
1 2004 Pontiac Gran Prix

thats the biggest bull shyt, a stock 99 TL will not i repeat will not beat a modded gsr or rsx type s with mods. Rsx with bolt ons are mid to low 14 second cars and i run 14.8's all the time. i have atock 99 TL and i cant my friend rsx leave me on the highway and lets be serious a stock tl cant run with a cobra so stop dreaming.
Old 02-27-2006, 01:40 AM
10th Gear

I'm 34, own two have own 4 Mercedes, currently still have 2, both with M119 motor. Do you assume there is only one Mercedes forum in this world? Sorry not mama's car.
For those who are not aware S500 are can do over 150mph, If you have not been in one that has done 150mph, please do not make a comment. specs from magazine do not count in my book.
Old 02-27-2006, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by TLinNJ
Well the Benz will outrun the TL in highway. Doesnt matter of the High Speed Limited.

The benz has a HUGE engine compare to the TL.
3.2 VS 5.0 is no game. Altought in 0~100 is a diffeernt story.
exactly

Originally Posted by TLinNJ
And i wanted to say that i had a 2001 TL and 2004 TL.
Are you guys referring the 99 TL beating a Cobra (meaning SVT Mustangs?)
If so, its hard to beat a SVT mustang with the 2004 TL.
There is no CHANCE that a 99 STOCK TL will beat or even o with 2000 SVT Mustang.
Yea, we were talking about the svt cobra, these guys are smoking some good shit if they think the stock tl can even stay within 20 bus lengths of the cobra.
Old 02-27-2006, 07:31 AM

My friend it is all about torque, hp and displacement. The cobra has oodles more than a stock TL-P. It is impossible for a TL-P to come close, unless the driver of the cobra is
a) a child who can't drive
b) a woman
Old 02-27-2006, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by honda_inspire99
thats the biggest bull shyt, a stock 99 TL will not i repeat will not beat a modded gsr or rsx type s with mods. Rsx with bolt ons are mid to low 14 second cars and i run 14.8's all the time. i have atock 99 TL and i cant my friend rsx leave me on the highway and lets be serious a stock tl cant run with a cobra so stop dreaming.

Yea, Joe48937634863 is a pill popper or something.
Old 02-27-2006, 08:37 AM
Advanced

OK guys driving fast is illegal but we all do it, whether it be 75 or 140mph If by chance another car cut in front of you would you or the car be quick enough to respond. In my case yes, in a TL yes , in a Toyta tercel ? definately not.

Please do not repond it you have negative comments to say, It will be a drag for other readers too. This is just a survey for insane drivers who owns TLs. thanks

Who would win in a fight? Mighty mouse or Super man? This is a ridiculous thread and no we all don't drive fast. Grow up and and back off if someone cuts you off.
Old 03-02-2006, 07:05 PM
Cruisin'

I have a feeling soon the TL is gonna be compared to a Enzo or Slr...
Old 03-02-2006, 07:23 PM
Registered Abuser of VTEC

Received 115 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by toynaround
Who would win in a fight? Mighty mouse or Super man? This is a ridiculous thread and no we all don't drive fast. Grow up and and back off if someone cuts you off.
Old 03-13-2006, 08:24 AM
ChairmanMaoSaysRTFM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
hey benzu, back in 2002, not long after the type s first came around, one of my friends raced an AMG (i'm unsure of which model) on the taconic state parkway here in NY (very winding road) and they were at speeds topping 130mph. he claimed the AMG only just barely inched ahead of him while at full throttle. my friend also had 3 passengers, which makes me think the tl would have overtaken the benz.

i've gone up against several C230 Kompressors. needless to say no real challenge. of course almost any car on this board against an E55 or CLS55 would be a no-brainer unless the tl had nitrous of course.......

SSTS
Old 03-13-2006, 11:18 AM
CSI
Instructor

Lmao!
Old 03-13-2006, 11:41 AM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just a little off track as to whether the discussion is going, but did you (benzsu) ever think that maybe the TL didn't realize how fast he was going untile he let go? Do you know the implications of getting caught going at 140+ mph, not to mention you could have killed somebody or yourself.

I'm not talking about moral values, or what's right or wrong. Just be careful.

By the way...irregardless of how much I like TLs they can't beat cobras....Come on!

Quick Reply: TL VS Mercedes Who Will Win! Survey!!!!!!!