3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TL tucking!!! TEIN Suspension!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2004, 11:30 PM
Safety Car

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
When I went w/ the CT drop for my Type S .... it handled soooo much better than stock: hugged corners like a dream, launched harder and w/ less wheel spin and hop.... no nose dive under hard braking... easy high speed lane changes...

but...

I felt like the car was gunna fall apart when i went over regular chicago streets and potholes and bumps... so i got rid of the CT springs
Old 06-05-2004, 11:36 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 66 Likes on 28 Posts
Compromise

Originally Posted by PeterUbers
When I went w/ the CT drop for my Type S .... it handled soooo much better than stock: hugged corners like a dream, launched harder and w/ less wheel spin and hop.... no nose dive under hard braking... easy high speed lane changes...
but...I felt like the car was gunna fall apart when i went over regular chicago streets and potholes and bumps... so i got rid of the CT springs
Peter,

Thanks for sharing your experience.

I always wonder: if the mods new owners make are such an improvement over stock, why doesn't Acura just include them. In most cases, it wouldn't cost any more.

It must be that the engineers at Acura have put together the best package for the most drivers with balance between safety, ride, handling, comfort, and noise.

XP
Old 06-06-2004, 12:11 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by xpditor42
I always wonder: if the mods new owners make are such an improvement over stock, why doesn't Acura just include them. In most cases, it wouldn't cost any more.

It must be that the engineers at Acura have put together the best package for the most drivers with balance between safety, ride, handling, comfort, and noise.

XP
Yes, you are correct. The best blend of safety, ride, handling, comfort and noise is determined by the engineers. However, those of us who do mod our TLs do so because we want more performance out of our cars, and we're willing to sacrifice ride and comfort for it. Not everyone wants that kind of performance or can appreciate it. The stock car from the factory was built for the masses in mind, what provides the most appeal, and most important of all, to increase the company's bottom line.
Old 06-06-2004, 12:26 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 131 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by xpditor42
Peter,

Thanks for sharing your experience.

XP

They did, in the form of an A-spec package, which you have to pay 3500-4000 more for! :o
Old 06-06-2004, 12:33 PM
R&D of Team Anthracite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cTLgo
For those who don't know what TEIN products are or their functionality, shut your mouth before you go critisizing it!

Werd!!!
Old 06-06-2004, 02:06 PM
Safety Car

I'm really itching to go to a dealer and test drive an A-spec TL that has the suspension kit installed... i really want to compare it to my current setup: Cosmetic A-spec only, no suspension kit. I'd imagine it would be a little tighter, but still softer than when I had CT springs, b/c after all, it's still manufactered by Acura, therefore they need to please a wider range of customers (as mentioned by xp).

Right now, I have the 18" rims and the stock suspension. My car is like a boat into turns... much more than my Type S (stock) imho. There isn't too much nosedive in heavy braking conditions, however, but the cornering is pitifull.
Old 06-06-2004, 02:07 PM
Safety Car

They did, in the form of an A-spec package, which you have to pay 3500-4000 more for! :o
If you just want the A-spec suspension, it's $600 plus installation. The bodykit doesn't make your car handle any better in turns
Old 06-07-2004, 02:05 AM
9.5+10.5 22m=Hella Flush

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Mods don't move to the gallery just yet please, lets discuss this...

I came across this gallery on Acurainspired... this guy claims TEIN used his TL to prototype coilovers for the TL...

http://www.acurainspired.com/gallery...=993&uuid=1098

I wonder what they used for shocks/struts!
Now that is what I call a CAR THAT IS LOWERED!! I am waiting for some racing springs here to lower my TL 2.5inch!!! What is the point of lowering your car 1inch or 1.5inches with that big gaping space btw the tire and wheel well. I can't wait to get my hands on those coil overs. :bigclap: :bigclap: