Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TL-S haters??

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 02:07 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TL-S haters??

it just seems that there are alot of S haters. i hate the rims. i hate the red LED lights, i hate the 2 tone interior, i hate the spoiler. YA YA YA

well i love the rims, the red LEDs, the interior, the spoiler and everything else.

people arguing the Tl-S vs. A-spec vs Tl... and that its much better to buy and then mod up.

well i bought the 3.5 and i dont have to buy any mods(well a few)

Sorry for sounding off but this has been weighing on my mind and man has it been one crappy day at the office today. oh well just my

why cant we just all enjoy the TL regardless if its the S, A spec or the base?? Cant we all just get along
Old 01-16-2007, 02:23 PM
Banned

Actually I don't hate the TL-S...just you
Old 01-16-2007, 02:27 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,999 Likes on 1,420 Posts
Originally Posted by TriniBwoy
strong words......
Old 01-16-2007, 02:29 PM
Instructor

I am right there with you.

I love my Tl-S, red interior lights and all. The rims look great, when they are clean! The two tone interior matches my childs car seat perfectly, so no complaints about that. The car handles great, sounds great, accelerates great, looks great, and I get plenty of compliments from my neighbors!
Old 01-16-2007, 02:49 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by TriniBwoy
actualy that just made me bust out laughing...thanks for making my day
Old 01-16-2007, 02:51 PM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
drdug27 - Can't you accept the fact some like it and some don't?

TriniBwoy -
Old 01-16-2007, 03:00 PM
Racer

dont you know by now?
this forum is full of haters and its full of narrow minded people that hate on things they dont have.

aspec to types...who cares? it's all just personal preference.

i have an 06 stock but i like both the a-spec and type-s but for some reason, some people feel the need to voice their displeasure constantly about one model or the other.

i bet im going to get a lot of hate messages for this
Old 01-16-2007, 03:20 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by jsong83
dont you know by now?
this forum is full of haters and its full of narrow minded people that hate on things they dont have.

aspec to types...who cares? it's all just personal preference.

i have an 06 stock but i like both the a-spec and type-s but for some reason, some people feel the need to voice their displeasure constantly about one model or the other.

i bet im going to get a lot of hate messages for this
agreed...i just like the TL point blank period.

chill dog-- i can accept everyone's opinion. i have just found there to be many negative ones. oh well too each his own
Old 01-16-2007, 03:30 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 205 Likes on 128 Posts
where in the hell did this come from.

if someone asks we answer. whats the big deal?

EDIT: just saw your last post. yes we all have opinions. thank you for realizing that. believe me, not everybody is going to agree on everything here..
Old 01-16-2007, 03:38 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I love the car and would take it if it were a gift, but no way I would pay $39,000 for a FWD TL so close to 2009 and a possible re-model. Still, it's so close to being an awesome car. SH-AWD NOW!

I wonder if they "hate" it because they couldn't afford the difference in price?
Although, if you are financing $33k, $6k more isn't too big of a difference...
Old 01-16-2007, 03:41 PM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
Originally Posted by drdug27
chill dog-- i can accept everyone's opinion. i have just found there to be many negative ones. oh well too each his own
Yep, exactly. Like trance said, you ask, we answer...and just like in the real world, chances are you're not going to like the majority of the answers in the virtual one. That said, there are a lot of negative ones here...oh well
Old 01-16-2007, 03:53 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 205 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by jayunsplanet
I wonder if they "hate" it because they couldn't afford the difference in price?
I would say no. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and they have a right to express it here as long as its done tactfully. (thats where most our problems lie)

Just because one doesnt agree that does not make him a hater....its the manner in which they express it that makes them one....
Old 01-16-2007, 04:04 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jayunsplanet
I love the car and would take it if it were a gift, but no way I would pay $39,000 for a FWD TL so close to 2009 and a possible re-model. Still, it's so close to being an awesome car. SH-AWD NOW!

Although, if you are financing $33k, $6k more isn't too big of a difference...

I know this is a TL forum and I really can't predict how any of you are going to take this but why spend close to $40,000 for a car with about 30 more hp when the new G coupe will be coming out which will blow your type S away? I think Type R, Type S and Type SH cars are for the Honda, Toyota and Nissan's of the world. If you're making a premium car (Acura, Infiniti, Lexus) you shouldn't make a lesser car initially only so you can come out with an "improved" car. If you truely are going to improve the car, at least make it as powerful as your competitor's base models.
Old 01-16-2007, 04:26 PM
WDP Director of R & D

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by evolpe
If you're making a premium car (Acura, Infiniti, Lexus) you shouldn't make a lesser car initially only so you can come out with an "improved" car. If you truely are going to improve the car, at least make it as powerful as your competitor's base models.
That's the business beauty called: "marketing"...

Why do you think HP figures normally increase annually, or how new body moldings/options etc. come out each year...?

Look at how many folks upgraded from 04TL's to 05, 06's let alone 07's? It's a sign that Acura's marketing plan is working.. Always something just a little nicer/neater the next year (bastards)..

Sure it irritates many of us car lovers let alone causes "envy"! Crap, I think I'll go out now and key someones 07 Type-S... Just kidding - that's from another thread...

drdug27, I can "still" honestly say the type-s wheels and rear tail-lights aren't my favorite, but I would definitely love one sitting in my driveway..

No "hate" here
Old 01-16-2007, 04:33 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by KJSmitty

Why do you think HP figures normally increase annually, or how new body moldings/options etc. come out each year...?

Look at how many folks upgraded from 04TL's to 05, 06's let alone 07's? It's a sign that Acura's marketing plan is working.. Always something just a little nicer/neater the next year (bastards)..

Sure it irritates many of us car lovers let alone causes "envy"! Crap, I think I'll go out now and key someones 07 Type-S... Just kidding - that's from another thread...

drdug27, I can "still" honestly say the type-s wheels and rear tail-lights aren't my favorite, but I would definitely love one sitting in my driveway..

No "hate" here
marketing definatly makes the world go around
Old 01-16-2007, 04:59 PM
Instructor

I really have alot of love for the TL, but imo the new wheels on the Type S arent my thing, to me they look like srt4 wheels and the 04-06 TL Aspec looks alot more cleaner than the Type S model, the Type S looks like it has too much going on to the exterior. Its not hate its just my opinon, who knows maybe the Type S will grow on me.
Old 01-16-2007, 05:03 PM
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Which revs faster the 3.2 or 3.5. I prefer fast revving V6s.
Old 01-16-2007, 05:06 PM
Without a garage

I think they are sick, but I still don't know what they were thinking with the wheels. That would be the only thing changed if I could afford one.
Old 01-16-2007, 05:07 PM
2007 NBP TL-S

I have a Type S.
I hated the stock wheels.
I don't like red interior lights compared to blue.

But I love the car overall, and I used this forum to get feedback from others to make help make my decisions.

Note: we all have a right to voice our views on this site.
Old 01-16-2007, 05:09 PM
Peach Tea

When Acura first came out with the 04' TL I thougt it was muckin fugly. It has since grown on me and I think the 07' TL-S is the best car in it's class and perhaps even the class above (with regard to style , amenities, price etc...). I too have noticed several members bashing the type-S, most of whom haven't even driven one.
Old 01-16-2007, 05:11 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
I don't see a lot of haters here...

I see a lot of smart folks that realize what made the 3GTL "special" was the bang for the buck. You get a seriously nice car for $32K. The same cannot be said for the Type-S. It's a nice car, but the value propistion isn't there at $37K+.

I see a lot of folks saying, If I got $37-38K, there are a lot nicer cars out there for a few bucks more. Hell, even my dealer stated... "that's a $38K car. I can get you an RL for a few bucks more".
Old 01-16-2007, 05:12 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Wyman
I have a Type S.
I hated the stock wheels.
I don't like red interior lights compared to blue.

But I love the car overall, and I used this forum to get feedback from others to make help make my decisions.

Note: we all have a right to voice our views on this site.
absolutely everyone can voice there views, im just saying i have noticed a lot of negative one's. like i said before too each his own.
Old 01-16-2007, 05:28 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by KJSmitty

No "hate" here

Wow, someone's actually going to say Acura's good at marketing? They rarely do any marketing. They're just doing what the Honda corporate culture tells them to. Put out a variant of a sucessful car to get more people to buy before they redesign. It's imbedded so deeply into their culture that I'm sure they hold back some of the potential of their cars just to "improve" them later. To me, that's turning their backs on their most loyal customers, the early adopters who but their cars when the first come out before any long term information is available on them. Don't get me wrong, I like the car a lot, I just don't see the value in the car anymore. All of their competitors are offering bluetooth as a standard feature now so they really don't have the tech edge over anyone else. For the price, I think they needed to provide a little more than they did.
Old 01-16-2007, 05:30 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by drdug27
it just seems that there are alot of S haters. i hate the rims. i hate the red LED lights, i hate the 2 tone interior, i hate the spoiler. YA YA YA

well i love the rims, the red LEDs, the interior, the spoiler and everything else.

people arguing the Tl-S vs. A-spec vs Tl... and that its much better to buy and then mod up.

well i bought the 3.5 and i dont have to buy any mods(well a few)

Sorry for sounding off but this has been weighing on my mind and man has it been one crappy day at the office today. oh well just my

why cant we just all enjoy the TL regardless if its the S, A spec or the base?? Cant we all just get along

Why do I have to like the Type-S rims, interior lighting, seats, taillamps, and front end?

I like the seats and I dont mind the interior lighting, although I left Pontiac a long time ago and hated the red. I think the rims look like shit, same as the front end. Sorry.
Old 01-16-2007, 05:33 PM
Intermediate

2 days ago I saw the TLS at the red light right next to me and that guy gave me a mean look and trying to do some stupid thing to get my attention so now i HATE the TLS and the driver of the TLS .I Just hate it..........LoL
Old 01-16-2007, 05:37 PM
The closet is for wimps

With the standard blue instead of the red interior lighting, I would buy a TL-S.. if financially willing and able to do so.

As others have said, this is not "hate" for the TL-S... unless you choose to take it as such. The bottom line, though, is that what you like is not required to mesh with what others like. Only when you create that dependency do the opinions of others get interpreted as "hate".
Old 01-16-2007, 06:00 PM
Instructor

Let's just all agree to disagree. The one comment that I think is totally wrong is when the poster says "maybe they couldn't afford the TL-S". I kept my '06 for seven months (3200 miles) and purchased the '07 about 10 days ago. I actually wished there were things I could pick from each car to make one. I don't like T-S wheels, I would actually preffer the '06 wheels...I almost asked the dealer to let me switch. I don't like the red dash...looks too much like my ex's BMW. I preffer the smoother handling on the non TLS...maybe I'm getting old. BTW...I was veeeeery close to buying an RL. I could afford the RL..but prefer the TL. I think they are great cars the TL-S and the TL. Its just up to prefference.
Old 01-16-2007, 06:12 PM
Racer

Man looks like my bad day opened up a can of worms...
Old 01-16-2007, 06:24 PM
Be kind to us truckers !

I like both TL's, they newest look's alittle sleeker, and abit more aggressive ,I have grown to like my rim's !....this car is hard getting used to, since my last car was a 98' ITR for 9 year's !...and this TL-s vs. A-SPEC TL battle is straight up bullshit ,.... theye'r both same Damn car's , just a different Badge & year's of production!...only moron's would deny that fact!! ...JEALOUSY = HATE !,,,when HONDA redesigned the RSX it took me alittle bit ot get used to , but never hated it , ,and I've owned HONDA's/ ACURA's for the last 12 + year's and I like them all for what they are , down to the little geeky Honda Insight!!
Old 01-16-2007, 06:29 PM
Be kind to us truckers !

SUCH DRAMA!....your cool with drdug27!
Old 01-16-2007, 06:41 PM
The DVD-A Script Guy

Received 184 Likes on 131 Posts
I don't hate although I do prefer the 04-06 Rims, blue interior color scheme and the regular exhaust tips.
It just bums me out that the S is the only way now to get the 6MT and Brembos. Pretty much rules out Acura for my next car unless they bring back those things to the non S cars.
Old 01-16-2007, 06:44 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by evolpe
I know this is a TL forum and I really can't predict how any of you are going to take this but why spend close to $40,000 for a car with about 30 more hp when the new G coupe will be coming out which will blow your type S away? I think Type R, Type S and Type SH cars are for the Honda, Toyota and Nissan's of the world. If you're making a premium car (Acura, Infiniti, Lexus) you shouldn't make a lesser car initially only so you can come out with an "improved" car. If you truely are going to improve the car, at least make it as powerful as your competitor's base models.
I guess opinions are going to be diff, That makes us what we are and why there are wars and such, But why in the hell did you compare a coupe with a 4 door??? The one thing that I see and this is my opinion is that the Is and the G where done over, the TL has not. No car company is going to do a massive change in a refresh. IMO Let the new TL come out then you can make a fair comparison. These talks about the tl-s,G,IS gets way to old and its not a fair playing field.. IMO of coarse.
Old 01-16-2007, 06:44 PM
Engineer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
I HATE those stock type s rims!!!! whoever designed them should be FIRED!!!!

Old 01-16-2007, 06:50 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by 007TL-S
I like both TL's, they newest look's alittle sleeker, and abit more aggressive ,I have grown to like my rim's !....this car is hard getting used to, since my last car was a 98' ITR for 9 year's !...and this TL-s vs. A-SPEC TL battle is straight up bullshit ,.... theye'r both same Damn car's , just a different Badge & year's of production!...only moron's would deny that fact!! ...JEALOUSY = HATE !,,,when HONDA redesigned the RSX it took me alittle bit ot get used to , but never hated it , ,and I've owned HONDA's/ ACURA's for the last 12 + year's and I like them all for what they are , down to the little geeky Honda Insight!!
Do you still have th Type r or is it R.I.P . Here in florida 85% of type r's and gsr's have been stolen.
Old 01-16-2007, 07:00 PM
Be kind to us truckers !

Originally Posted by Adobeman
I don't hate although I do prefer the 04-06 Rims, blue interior color scheme and the regular exhaust tips.
It just bums me out that the S is the only way now to get the 6MT and Brembos. Pretty much rules out Acura for my next car unless they bring back those things to the non S cars.
yeah Ihear ya , for the next generation that is ! .....that'll suck!
Old 01-16-2007, 07:02 PM
Be kind to us truckers !

Originally Posted by kobi2002
I guess opinions are going to be diff, That makes us what we are and why there are wars and such, But why in the hell did you compare a coupe with a 4 door??? The one thing that I see and this is my opinion is that the Is and the G where done over, the TL has not. No car company is going to do a massive change in a refresh. IMO Let the new TL come out then you can make a fair comparison. These talks about the tl-s,G,IS gets way to old and its not a fair playing field.. IMO of coarse.
Agreed !
Old 01-16-2007, 07:12 PM
GO DAWGS!! SICK'EM!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
no haters here, just you posting this thread spreading hate.
Old 01-16-2007, 07:26 PM
Instructor

I love my TL, I just hate people who try to compare them with other cars. Before purchasing my TL, I had many different options. I could've went with the G35, 335i, EVO, whatever. I chose the TL. Why? Personal preference. Yes, it isn't as fast, or all that other crap people try to compare them with, but the fact of the matter is that I LIKE IT. Done deal.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of the rims either. I would swap them out the first chance I get. But overall, I like the car. That should be what matters most and if anyone says anything otherwise, then good for you, everyone is entitled to their own opinions.
Old 01-16-2007, 07:48 PM
RAR

Received 1,286 Likes on 714 Posts
i hate people with such low self esteem that they depend on what others think. This is a forum, what do you honestly expect? everybody would love everything and it's happy time? Personally, If I have nothing good to say about something, I'll make sure everybody hears about it.
Old 01-16-2007, 08:56 PM
Instructor

I like bacon.

Quick Reply: TL-S haters??