Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TL or RL?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2008, 09:31 PM
.... .... .... ... ....

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by bimmerman
I think stereotypically it would be the other way around, but I am 26 and wish I could afford to sale my TL for a nice black RL.

I know I was kidding

feels good driving a "oldmans" car
Old 11-29-2008, 10:50 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You guys are tempting me to make an offer on one tomorrow!

Found a black with parchment interior .. the dealer is going to fix a couple of scratches and replace the windshield .. He mentioned throwing in the 60k service (the car has 57k miles) .. plus certify it.

I test drove it today and sat in the thing for about an hour after the ride. I wanted to sleep in it.
Old 11-29-2008, 10:54 PM
Traveling the country

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Blazing GT
I know I was kidding

feels good driving a "oldmans" car
I know.

Just saying that i do not fit the norm.
Old 11-29-2008, 11:09 PM
Here I come!

Received 62 Likes on 41 Posts
Either way, Acura ftw! Make sure you do a carfax on all cars. When I was looking for mine, I came up on so many bad reports.
Old 11-29-2008, 11:31 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My dad has an 05 RL I have an 08 TL-S. They are both very nice cars. If I was buying used I would have gotten an RL. The RL seems to have less rattles, the TL-S has a little more oomph even though they have the same engine. The AWD in the RL is fantastic! I much prefer the nav control in the RL over the TL touch screen. The keyless doors and ignition are great. This seems like a no brainer. You will get a lot more car with your money if you get the RL. Get the RL and be done with it! I do agree with the extended warranty the door handles alone in the 05 RL have issues. The hand sensing contraption has issues, my dad is on his 3rd driver door handle. I am sure they are not cheap either. But besides that he has had no real big issues with his RL. Used RL FTW!
Old 11-30-2008, 05:16 PM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,841 Likes on 8,573 Posts
Originally Posted by csmeance
As others have said, the TL and RL are very different cars. The TL is a car that is fun to drive both in a straight line and around corners, nice and fast and gets amazing fuel mileage. Downside is its smaller, has less luxury to it and its more aggressive in terms of suspension setup, road noise, etc.

The RL on the other hand is a fine piece of work. Its great around curves (got it to 60 of a curve that the TL can only handle doing about 45 before you know its loosing control, but besides that, it is simply amazing. The attention to detail is phenominal, at night it looks amazing and comforting. The inside is plush and not noisy at all, the seats are comfy and less intrusive than the TL's to some folks. Also you get the benefit of Active Cruise and Collision Mitigation System to avoid rear ending folks, Plus the turning headlights, flappy paddle gearbox and of course SH-AWD. Only downside to the RL, its slower than the TL in a straight line, it goes 0-60 a second or so slower than a TL. As well the modding scene isn't as great as it is for the TL.
Word..

I test drove the Lexus LS400.. hit a freeway looparound at a ridiculous speed.. said "hey.. IS can't do that.." then I smashed my foot down it's throat to smoke mustang on the freeway on ramp.. went 30 to 70 in nothing flat.. something about these big body cars makes you go hmmm.. I'd say go with the RL. Love the TL though..Woo Hoo..
Old 11-30-2008, 05:35 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,000 Likes on 1,421 Posts
Originally Posted by Majofo
Word..

I test drove the Lexus LS400.. hit a freeway looparound at a ridiculous speed.. said "hey.. IS can't do that.." then I smashed my foot down it's throat to smoke mustang on the freeway on ramp.. went 30 to 70 in nothing flat.. something about these big body cars makes you go hmmm.. I'd say go with the RL. Love the TL though..Woo Hoo..
These big body cars with the exception of the RL, are cars that are fast and luxurious. Take for example the BMW 750Li, its almost 17 feet long and does 0-60 as fast as a 6sp. TL with some mods, and as well it weighs almost 3 tons