3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TL List of service and TSX Review - Long!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2004, 10:32 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TL List of service and TSX Review - Long!

Ok, TL went in today for the following... this is becoming a bi-weekly event.

1. Vibration in the morning even after tire replacment.
Dealer is going to keep the car a few days and see how it is for them first thing in the morning.

2. Rattles, everywhere, this whole car seems to be one big rattle.
The Left side of the dash, the drivers door, the glove-box, the right rear door, again, the rear deck, again! When I received the car back the last time I found door clips and tools in the car, not cool

3. Seat memory issue arose last week, it loses track of the remotes and all keyless entry settings including seat memory.

4. Third Brake Light felt falling off. How old is this car? 3 months and they have to replace the third brake light housing already.

5. Rusty exhaust tips, per dealer they need to call in the local acura rep.

Ok, so they'll have the car for a few days, so while they have that I'm driving the car I thought I was going to buy originaly. Now I get to see how it could have been had I gone that route.

The one they gave me is brand new. First impression when I got in now that I've had the TL a few months, SMALL. The TSX didn't feel small to me when I first test drove it and the interior felt much classier prior to driving the TL.
The TSX inside just seems cheaper, now don't read this to mean i think it's bad. When I first drove the TSX I found it quite classy, that is until I test drove the TL.

Driving impression, this car drives great! Tight and very tossable and that damn SS mode is PERFECT!, how friggin hard could it be to make the TL's this good? The argument they had it auto shift into second is weak because you can abuse first in "L" mode all you want. Anyway, the tranny is excellent and I used "SS" mode the whole way home which brings up the next point. Power, or the lack there of, now I visit the TSX forum every once in awhile and they talk about kills there just like people do here, I don't get it, I don't picture this car killing anything, however for everyday driving power is fine, just don't pick a fight with anything, chances are you'll be seeing lots of tail lights (I know I may get :tflamer: flamed from TSX owners, I'm sorry but this is my impression). As an everyday driver it's an excellent value and will perform as designed. My impression is the TSX AT is about as fast as the standard RSX, I could be wrong.

The stereo has better sound in FM in most instances than the TL and the higher you crank it the harder the bass hits. If you love hard rock this system is for you! CD's sounded good but not nearly as good as the TL and this didn't come as any surprise, the FM part did though. Sonic quality is far better in the TL, I won't mention DVD-A because it wouldn't be fair to the system in the TSX.

Braking was great but I didn't stress the car any, handling is excellent, damn near perfect for this class car.

The weakest link is the engine, not that it's a bad engine, not at all. Power delivery is fine once it winds up, it's just too much car for it, while perfect for the RSX, not good enough for the TSX.

I look forward to driving it tomorrow though, no rattles, no vibrations I can't say that about my TL at this time. Hopefully it comes back fixed this time!
Old 04-05-2004, 10:36 PM
Burning Brakes

One thing I forgot, in three months I've met up with one other G35 at a stop light. On the way home tonight in the TSX I met up with two, go friggin figure. The coupe was gone as soon as the light turned green, I didn't do anything more than enjoy the view of it taking off. The second one was a blue hair who drove as if the car had a 4 cyl instead of a strong V6 so we were next to each other for while, very nice car.

The TSX also doesn't come with Bridgstones anymore.
Old 04-05-2004, 11:13 PM
Burning Brakes

Old 04-06-2004, 10:05 AM
Burning Brakes

Bump, no comments?
Old 04-06-2004, 10:12 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 131 Likes on 79 Posts
TSX has a tranny case recall
Old 04-06-2004, 11:03 AM
an Acura has-been

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Norse,

I agree, whenever I had my TL in, I got a TSX, sweet car, however, the interior looked cheap once I had the TL (like you said) and the car drove like a dream, nice and smooth, no vibrations at all!

BTW - the TSX never had BS tires, the first gen TL had BS tires, 2nd gen no, 3rd gen, you know the story there.
Old 04-06-2004, 11:04 AM
Burning Brakes

BTW - the TSX never had BS tires, the first gen TL had BS tires, 2nd gen no, 3rd gen, you know the story there.
That's what I thought until the service guy mentioned that Acura switched them for the TSX. I guess he had it mixed up, wouldn't be the first time.
Old 04-06-2004, 11:05 AM
Burning Brakes

TSX has a tranny case recall
Ouch, I didn't know.. is the tranny identical to the one used in the RSX?
Old 04-06-2004, 11:27 AM
Advanced

What's the build date month for your car?

I am hoping I don't have the rattle issues you have. HOw soon after you purchased did they start cropping up?

Thanks,

Stu E.

04 Satin Silver/Ebony 6MT
Old 04-06-2004, 11:29 AM
Burning Brakes

Stu E,

About 2 weeks after I bought it the rattles started. The glove-box came first then the rear deck and the right rear door, then the dash another week after that.
Old 04-06-2004, 04:31 PM
Instructor

I had a TSX also when I put the TL in for service. My favorite aspect of the car: tossability and lightness. If i could dump my TL motor in there, I probably would (that would probably add weight to the front though). But I miss driving a nose-light 4 cyl car. Other than that, I missed most things about the TL.