Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TL in Kentucky/Indiana/Ohio

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2004, 09:35 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool TL in Kentucky/Indiana/Ohio

I just put a $350 deposit on a 04 TL/Auto/Navi Redondo Red Pearl over this past weekend. I am very excited......only 2 weeks until delivery!! The deal is $500 off MSRP, not so great from the other postings I have read here. But I haven't seen any postings from my area (KY, IN or Cincy, OH). Anyone have any experience with the dealers in this area and have better dealings? I will likely attempt to re-negoiate upon delivery and payment because they mistakingly told me I would be getting the camel interior - they have since called and told me it would be parchment. Plus, I am going to pay cash instead of getting the 3.9% 'best' interest rate they could find.
Old 01-15-2004, 10:12 PM
Instructor

I live in Cincy and have had my TL about 4 weeks. I looked long and hard at every car and every dealer in Cincy of BMW, Acura, Infiniti and others and the best I could do was $700 off MSRP. Now, that was back in December, so I don't know now. If you're in Cincy, I can give you a name if you want to send a private msg. We just don't have enough Acura dealers in this area of the country to create any competition. Because of that, the dealer I purchased from is selling ALOT of TLs - like 40 a month - pretty high for a mid market like this.

I told the guy "Congrats, I've never bought a car for any more than $100-200 over INVOICE in my life - worst deal I ever negotiated." But, I am very happy with my purchase. This car is phenomenal aside from my flatspotting Turanzas. I have complained to Acura corporate and the dealership and will wait on the "fix" that Acura corporate told me was on the way. However, it doesn't take away from this awesome vehicle.
Old 01-16-2004, 07:02 AM
Newbie for Life

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
Wildcat - Did you purchase at Superior Acura? If so, have you brought the tire issue up to them? They played extremely dumb when I brought it to their attention - like no one else has even mentioned this issue.

Moffware - I think $500 below MSRP is pretty good here in the Midwest. Not a single dealer wanted to drop below $200-300 on a Navi TL - didn't matter if it was 5AT or 6MT. So, personally, I think your $500 is good here in the Midwest. We can't compare to other regions as their supply/demand is different than ours so I don't pay much attention to the great East Coast deals shown on this board - unless you want to have the car shipped to you from one of those dealerships and do all the paperwork overnight/notarized.

I ended up getting $1,700 off of a 6MT Non-Navi and I thought I got a pretty good deal in our area.
Old 01-16-2004, 12:19 PM
Instructor

Columbia Acura. Superior wouldn't even quote me, so I refused to go over there. Plus, I live about 1 mile from Columbia Acura and pass it every day on the way to work. Very convenient. Very good dealer experience, although I'd loved to have gotten your deal. Columbia is still selling a fair amount of TLs at sticker, particularly to other areas of the country that for some reason aren't getting great allocations. A month ago they quoted $500 off navi and $700 off non navi but would not budge a dollar off those amounts. I've talked to others and no one has gotten a better deal from them. Sounds like they set a dealer policy on that price (at least at that time). Who knows now a month later.

By the way, I don't miss the navi one bit. The car rocks without it (really, how many people in a sports sedan get navi in other cars - ever seen a 330 or 325 with one? Not likely). I'd probably get it when we get an MDX in 3-4 years to replace our Expy, but not in the TL (although it is a very very nice toy). Rather put the $2200 difference in my pricing in the kids college funds.
Old 01-16-2004, 01:15 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got $1200 off on a non-navi in Lexington on Dec 13th.

If you decide to talk to them, ask for Mike Edmondson. He's a great guy. We made the deal over the phone with no bs. I also informed him of this site. He may be lurking here nowadays particularly looking at the tire issues. If you're out there Mike, thanks for making the whole process so painless.

Dave
Old 01-16-2004, 01:27 PM
Instructor

Oh, and Columbia said the tire issue is a "corporate matter" that they are aware of. I spoke with corporate and my matter is under review. Corporate told me they are aware of the problem and "working on a fix" they can't yet disclose.