Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TL Gets Tons of Compliments

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2004, 04:34 PM
AZ O.G NoOldManVetteOwner

Received 204 Likes on 126 Posts
TL Gets Tons of Compliments

I thought I would start a positive thread since it seems like there are too many postings of negatives around here.

Anyway, I have to say that my TL gets a lot of comliments from strangers and friends alike. Everyone seems to love it. I get a lot of "that car is so sweet" and "i love the TLs".

And the girls that get in my car give me the "I can't believe it talks" and "oh you have a navi system." Defintiely helping with the "rep points" at the end of the night

So have you guys also noticed a general love for the TL? And what other compliments have you gotten?
Old 10-11-2004, 04:43 PM
Team Nighthawk Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My car gets so many compliments. The reason there are so many negetives here is because no one is going to post all the good stuff, only what they are concerned about. It's the same thing in every forum. The TL is an incredible car! Bottom Line!
Old 10-11-2004, 04:48 PM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
all i have to say is this...THERE ISN'T A SINGLE PERSON WHO HAS NOT LIKED MY CAR!!!
Old 10-11-2004, 04:49 PM
Advanced

A way over to due thread, thank you.

I get the “stare” at the stop lights all the time. Friends just keep going on and on about the car.

I was getting out of my car way out in a parking lot, trying to avoid door dings. A nice young lady came half way across the parking lot to tell me I had a cool car. I thanked her and moved on. As I was walking in the building, and turned to gaze on the car, and thought I do have a really nice car.
Old 10-11-2004, 04:53 PM
Intermediate

I don’t know buddy… If you have to rely on your navigation system to get rep. points, then you probably don’t have any “game”. Anyways, I have to admit that the car looks great inside and out. I got most of the compliment on the looks and specs of the car from strangers and friends. However, most of my friends don’t know much about my car, since I know it has the worst quality imaginable. The only reasoning I could think of now is that my friends don’t drive TL everyday like I do, so they don’t know.
Old 10-11-2004, 04:54 PM
The Oracle of Acurazine!

Received 44 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Jinen
all i have to say is this...THERE ISN'T A SINGLE PERSON WHO HAS NOT LIKED MY CAR!!!
Old 10-11-2004, 05:03 PM
Instructor

I've sold 3 TL's for Acura. And i don't even work for them, thats how many family and friends love the car.(2 family & 1 friend) I've told them all the great things about the car and the bad to. I must say people just love the car.
Old 10-11-2004, 05:27 PM
Team Nighthawk Director

Originally Posted by castre
I don’t know buddy… If you have to rely on your navigation system to get rep. points, then you probably don’t have any “game”. Anyways, I have to admit that the car looks great inside and out. I got most of the compliment on the looks and specs of the car from strangers and friends. However, most of my friends don’t know much about my car, since I know it has the worst quality imaginable. The only reasoning I could think of now is that my friends don’t drive TL everyday like I do, so they don’t know.

Sounds like your just unlucky my friend. If you have bad quilty in your car, why not sell it to someone else? My car is built and drives like a champ!
Old 10-11-2004, 06:26 PM
Burning Brakes

I was at the gas station and had a guy come over and start to tell me all the outstanding points about the car......he said "you KNOW it has 270 hp, right?" He had some really nice things to say about my baby.
Old 10-11-2004, 06:45 PM
Racer

I love driving in parking lots or on the road when peope are walking by, they all turn around to stare at the car, even some guys in some pimped out lexus last week both stopped and under their breath one guys said "yo thats that new TL". And being my car is black on black and always shining, it really turns heads.

My lawyer has the TL (one of his many cars) and when he was at his nephews house (my friend) his nephews wife even commented on the car and asked my why does it look sportier and sharper than her uncles car. I told her it has the body kit, and to a lesser degree it is black on the inside not camel.
Old 10-11-2004, 10:27 PM
AZ O.G NoOldManVetteOwner

Received 204 Likes on 126 Posts
Originally Posted by MrGQDieselNY
I love driving in parking lots or on the road when peope are walking by, they all turn around to stare at the car, even some guys in some pimped out lexus last week both stopped and under their breath one guys said "yo thats that new TL". And being my car is black on black and always shining, it really turns heads.

My lawyer has the TL (one of his many cars) and when he was at his nephews house (my friend) his nephews wife even commented on the car and asked my why does it look sportier and sharper than her uncles car. I told her it has the body kit, and to a lesser degree it is black on the inside not camel.
I agree, the body kit really makes the TL stand out among all the other TLs on the road. Im so glad i ordered it when i bought the 04 TL.
Old 10-11-2004, 10:31 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by castre

I think TL is best w/ navi. The car looks funny w/o it for some reason.
Old 10-12-2004, 12:20 AM
Drifting

A lot of the negative comments also come from non-TL owners too so that's where I see a lot of bashing. Whenever I drive around town and see TL owners, I try waving at them or giving them thumbs up but they just look real quick and look back over like some stingy bastard. It's ok cause when the time is right and the red light is long, I'm gonna bluejack them and tell them how nice their car is and stop being so stuck up driving around. I've waved at a couple nice folks too though, so they're not all bad, just a couple bad seeds in my neighborhood won't give me a bad impression on the rest of the bunch.
Old 10-12-2004, 12:35 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I always catch people looking at my car, at the outside of it and also sticking their necks up to check out the inside (NBP/Ebony). Just a few days ago i was in slow moving traffic (4:30pm on the hutch for all you bronx people) and had some woman roll down her window and began telling me how great my car is. Same thing happend to me last week at a traffic light, some guy pulled down his window and gave my a thumbs up saying its an amazing car, and asked me if we could trade cars. This car sure does get A LOT of stares and compliments. You will be surprised how many people dont know much about Acura TL's, which si why the are os interested in it.
Old 10-12-2004, 12:59 AM
9.5+10.5 22m=Hella Flush

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by 2K2SilverTL-S
I thought I would start a positive thread since it seems like there are too many postings of negatives around here.

Anyway, I have to say that my TL gets a lot of comliments from strangers and friends alike. Everyone seems to love it. I get a lot of "that car is so sweet" and "i love the TLs".

And the girls that get in my car give me the "I can't believe it talks" and "oh you have a navi system." Defintiely helping with the "rep points" at the end of the night

So have you guys also noticed a general love for the TL? And what other compliments have you gotten?

Yes I get many compliments from friends to family and even strangers from parking lots to washing my car. So far I have had over 15 compliments when I am washing my car. Most ppl would come by to say what car is this and how sharp it looks. Twice I had girls come by while they are walking their dogs. Lets just say I have made some new friends because of the TL!!!!
Old 10-12-2004, 01:24 AM
Hal
Pedestrian Polo CHAMPION!

where the hell do you people go to get strangers to talk to you about your car? I never get anything... anything...
Old 10-12-2004, 02:02 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by mobilezen
A lot of the negative comments also come from non-TL owners too so that's where I see a lot of bashing..

yes i've seen many of them on this site....but its getting easier for me to spot them out.... s even posing as TL owners.... Or maybe i'm just paranoid!! oh well....
Old 10-12-2004, 03:35 AM
Instructor

Unfortunately, my co-workers love my car. I always have to drive to lunch now, sometimes with the full 5 person load (some of them are skinny).

I'd thought scaring the crap out of them by introducing them to iVtec would help, but alas, I just means I have to tuck the "oh shit" handles back in all the time
Old 10-12-2004, 04:26 AM
Three Wheelin'

uhmmm.. wolftag, we don't have "iVtec" its just V-Tec. Everyone that goes in my car tells me i have a nice car. I get stares from all over the place, even people in nice cars like a new E class benzo, Lexus GS etc. But most of the noticeable stares come from other honda/acura drivers.

One night after working out at the gym, some regular i see came up to me and told me how nice the car is etc and how much i paid. after the info i told him he was definately intrested to buy one.
Old 10-12-2004, 09:22 AM
Instructor

A few weeks ago when I was on my 7500 mile road trip , a guy with a new Saab walked over to me at a gas station in Mich and asked me a bunch of questions about my tl (I have the a-spec). He was on his 6th Saab but was very intrigued by the tl.

The best though was in OK City when a highway patrol officer pulled me over for 'speeding' and ended up just chatting with me about my road trip and asked me a lot of questions about the tl and how I liked it etc. At the end he reached in and shook my hand. That kinda made my day.
Old 10-12-2004, 09:37 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 2K2SilverTL-S
--snip--
--snip--
wow, theres girls who still fall for that huh ? must be some teenagers
Old 10-12-2004, 09:59 AM
I'm Baaack!

The other day I was cruisin down Rt 1, 80 mph, windows down, roof open, stereo up, and I hear this scream ... I look over and some guy had sped up to get side by side, gives me a big smile a wave and a thumbs up then had to jam on the brakes so he wouldn't miss his exit .... Never had that happen in any of my other cars ...
Old 10-12-2004, 01:15 PM
Safety Car

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
I get tons of looks at my A-spec (cosmetic) TL ... I think the A-spec kit and the 18's really set this car apart to the point where it draws many looks..
Old 10-12-2004, 01:51 PM
Instructor

My black on black TL w/ body kit and '05 chrome look wheels gets tons of stairs. I have come out of gas stations on a couple of occasions to find people waiting for me to chat about the car. My wife said people check her out more in the car... I told her it was the car!! (even though she is hot too..)

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/692867
Old 10-12-2004, 02:45 PM
Instructor

The best compliment I have gotten was in Vegas. The Valets see hundreds of cars a day and every time I dropped mine off or picked it up. They all said how much they liked it.
Old 10-12-2004, 03:10 PM
Racer

On my 1st trip to the tint shop before picking it up yesterday, I walked in and I said "damn thats a nice car" jokingly about my car, the guys laughed and one older guy who works their said "which car, this peice of shi* benz or that nice Acura", then I told him the Acura is mine and he said "oh thank God I complimented YOUR car" (maybe the tank top had an impact on that lol)

btw the benz wasnt crap as he said but it was the s500 silver ($90k) very boxy and not that comsmetically appealing to the eye.

I got gas last night, a silver TL was already there he sees my car, I get out, he shakes his head and says "damn I knew I should have gotten the body kit"

But yeah the car is sweet and black/black with ASPEC is just unreal.
Old 10-12-2004, 05:53 PM
team wdp rescue

I had the best compliment a couple of weeks ago. My wife visits her ultra well off friend.....they drive porshes...jags etc......the next car the husband is eyeing is that austin martin monster. Needless to say this gent can have anything he wants. That day he just pops home for a minute and then heads out again.....after 2 days he has a discussion with his wife and asks who owned the white car out there...its absolutely gorgeous.....he loves it and on and on........that was something coming from a guy in his position!
Old 10-12-2004, 08:04 PM
41 43 55 52 41 20 54 4C

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The people with "just" the A-spec kit... where did you get it from? dealer? aftermarket? how much? does it come painted?? THANKS!
Old 10-12-2004, 11:34 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by mp3car
The people with "just" the A-spec kit... where did you get it from? dealer? aftermarket? how much? does it come painted?? THANKS!

Got it from the dealer when I 1st bought my car, I paid $1600 for it pained and installed.
Old 10-13-2004, 12:11 AM
Cruisin'

TL Attracts People

I was washing my TL a couple of weeks ago with the stereo on. The neighbor across the street walked over to compliment the car, but said that he could hear the stereo so well from across the street that he knew it had to sound great from the inside and asked if he could sit in it. Naturally, he was blown away. But when I did a demo of "Find Nearest Italian Restaurant" with the NAVI, his jaw dropped and he was speechless as he stared at it, wondering if I was somehow pulling his leg. When the system found it and responded, he was dumbfounded.

THAT was a good feeling!
Old 10-13-2004, 09:07 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Hal
where the hell do you people go to get strangers to talk to you about your car? I never get anything... anything...

Gas stations, parking lots... anywhere you are out with your car in public with other people standing around. Happens all the time to me.
Old 10-13-2004, 04:58 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Tommygun

My black on black TL w/ body kit and '05 chrome look wheels gets tons of stairs. I have come out of gas stations on a couple of occasions to find people waiting for me to chat about the car. My wife said people check her out more in the car... I told her it was the car!! (even though she is hot too..)

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/692867
Is that your wife on the bike?
Old 10-13-2004, 05:17 PM
2005 WDP TL

I'm a realtor so I always have people getting in and out of mine. Almost everyday I get compliments. I absolutely love this car. Even with it's need for some tires, brakes and A spec suspension......But if there wasn't anything I wanted to get for it.....What would I do?
Old 10-13-2004, 05:24 PM
Racer

So Many Copliments........................no Blessings
Old 10-14-2004, 10:36 AM
Instructor

Wife Bike

Originally Posted by VelfarreClubber
Is that your wife on the bike?

Yeah, she'd kill me if she knew it was up there....
Old 10-14-2004, 10:43 AM
Burning Brakes

I have also gotten a lot of positive comments about my TL and it does draw a lot of looks.

I am used to that kind of attention in my other 270 hp Acura, which get a lot more comments and looks, so I don't notice it as much in the TL. I have had people start long conversations about the NSX, ask to sit in it (which I usually oblige), etc.

I also notice that my friends always want me to drive the TL when they are going to be the passenger, particularly if someone has to sit in the back seat.
Old 10-14-2004, 10:48 AM
I'm Baaack!

Originally Posted by Tommygun
Yeah, she'd kill me if she knew it was up there....
Hey if you got it .... flaunt it !!!
Old 10-14-2004, 11:43 AM
Snax

Was taking my 5 year old daughter to school last week and was pulled over by the police (lights and blast on the siren). The cop heard about the TL and had not seen one yet. I gave him a quick tour and he loved the car and features. He said he wants to buy one. BTW, he appologized for pulling me over and hoped I did not mind... welcome to New orleans!
Old 10-14-2004, 05:12 PM
Team NightHawk VP

i got a compliment from one of my classmates...she said, i like your car, i have a acura too.

she owns a rsx...
Old 10-15-2004, 12:42 AM
2nd Gear

Quick Reply: TL Gets Tons of Compliments