Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tint / Service in RTP Area

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2004, 04:31 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tint / Service in RTP Area

What's up forum....well I am moving to Durham in January to attend graduate school at Duke. And I was just posting here to see if anyone knows a good tint shop in the area. Especially one that offers ceramic tint. I want to get that done once I get settled in out there. Also which acura dealer is the best for service/warranty issues? Thanks!

Old 12-10-2004, 06:48 AM
Keep Right Except to Pass

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
Can't speak to tint as I am not interested in that stuff.

I went to law school at Duke, graduating in 1998, and I tried both Performance Acura (on 15/501 just east of Chapel Hill) and Leith Acura (on US-64 near Cary) and preferred Leith. Definitely a bit of a longer drive, but I found their service to be a lot better and more reliable. I originally went to Performance and I think the reason I switched was that I was having an A/C problem in the summer of 1996 and Performance seemed not to know how to fix it (they said the system was fine and that the Freon was half-full....OK, then fill the Freon!) Even though I did not buy my car at Leith, they were always happy to provide a loaner so that I could get back up to Durham for classes.

As far as the drive to Cary goes, you take I-40 down to the big interchange with US-1/US-64/I-440, then go southwest to the US-64 exit, then west. Remember that Raleigh has a reverse commute, so in the mornings all the traffic heads towards RTP and in the afternoons it all heads towards Raleigh, so the drive down isn't all that bad.
Old 12-10-2004, 08:14 AM
Acura and BMW enthusiast

Sun Protection in Cary is great for tint. They are a Formula One dealer and carry ceramic tint (Pinnacle). I'd also recommend Leith Acura in Cary as I just had a great purchasing experience there. PM me for any more info.
Old 12-10-2004, 10:17 AM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by oguju
What's up forum....well I am moving to Durham in January to attend graduate school at Duke. And I was just posting here to see if anyone knows a good tint shop in the area. Especially one that offers ceramic tint. I want to get that done once I get settled in out there. Also which acura dealer is the best for service/warranty issues? Thanks!

Why not just do it in the Bay Area? Do a search on Bay Area Tint. A few members have used Rocky Mountain Tint in Livermore. There's also Tints R Us in San Jose. I hope I got the names right.
Old 12-10-2004, 11:34 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Hawhyen51
Why not just do it in the Bay Area? Do a search on Bay Area Tint. A few members have used Rocky Mountain Tint in Livermore. There's also Tints R Us in San Jose. I hope I got the names right.

I have been busy packing and stuff lately. My car will be shipped like early next week, so I don't think I'll have any time to get it done here. Probably should have started a search a little early. But I actually go to school at Cal Poly, so I am on the central coast of california where the tint dealers are ridiculous. One actually quoted me for 575$ without moleskin. And the other 7 hadn't even heard of ceramic tint. haha idiots.

But thanks for the tips ....seems like cary is the place to be.
Old 12-10-2004, 02:30 PM
Boom goes the Dynamite

The people at Formula One did the clear bra on my car and they do a great job.