For those of you who got new tires

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2004 | 11:38 AM
Advanced

For those who got the Pilot A/S tires

it seems as though the Pilot A/S's are a bit louder, which of course comes with the territory.

My question is does the performance significantly outweigh the extra sound? One of the things that I totally love about the car that i dont think gets enough attention is how quiet it is.

also, do any of you with the new tires use a bluetooth phone in the car and does the added noise become a hassle?

Thanks
Old 01-15-2004 | 02:44 PM
Instructor

I have the Pilot A/S tires and we are not talking a booming noise, just that you can hear a tire hum where before was silence.

I guess it depends on where you live. If you live in a dry and arid place and have no expectations of having a better handling tire then EL42's are great except for the tread life and flat-spotting.
Old 01-15-2004 | 02:53 PM
Advanced

Originally posted by Chitown-TL
I have the Pilot A/S tires and we are not talking a booming noise, just that you can hear a tire hum where before was silence.

I guess it depends on where you live. If you live in a dry and arid place and have no expectations of having a better handling tire then EL42's are great except for the tread life and flat-spotting.
considering we had 6 inches of snow this morning.... doesnt appear to be too dry or arid around here :p

dont have the blue tooth phone do you?
did you purchase the tires or have them replaced by the dealer?

by the way, you have the exact same car as me except for better tires
Old 01-16-2004 | 06:42 AM
Instructor

Originally posted by bradjs
considering we had 6 inches of snow this morning.... doesnt appear to be too dry or arid around here :p

dont have the blue tooth phone do you?
did you purchase the tires or have them replaced by the dealer?

by the way, you have the exact same car as me except for better tires
Brad

Actually I had a set of Pilot A/S tires from my old car that I am using and I am looking for a blue tooth phone. Don't know if I will go with the Sony or the Motorola, I guess it depends if I will stick with Sprint or switch to AT&T.

Godd luck with your car.
Old 01-16-2004 | 01:02 PM
Burning Brakes

I've got Pilot Sports, they are amazing. Not a/s because I'm in So Cal, but they are not loud, they don't vibrate, and they don't make a peep when I push them hard. Amazing tires.
Old 01-16-2004 | 01:05 PM
Advanced

Originally posted by acuraddict
I've got Pilot Sports, they are amazing. Not a/s because I'm in So Cal, but they are not loud, they don't vibrate, and they don't make a peep when I push them hard. Amazing tires.
lucky you dont have to deal with snow. have you gone to the claim jumper recently? i love that place