Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thomas Acura Are A Bunch Of Crooks

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 04:15 PM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down Thomas Acura Are A Bunch Of Crooks

This is for the people in Southern Cali. Beware of Thomas Acura. Their service stops once you buy your car from them. Good luck servicing your car there. Customer service sucks. Rip you off with high prices. Do tire rotations when u tell them not to. Lose your hub rings that come with aftermarket wheels. Customer service non existant. Service Manager don't know why he's a manager. Doesn't return calls. So don't be a victim. Don't buy or service your car there if u love your car. Thomas Acura is located in Covina.
Old 05-10-2006, 04:42 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LOL...I was gonna buy my car there but ended up getting it at Sierra Acura. Looks like its a good thing I did. I have ZERO complaints about Sierra or their service dept.
Old 05-10-2006, 04:46 PM
How may I help you.....?

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
Damn... has anyone else had a bad experience??
Old 05-10-2006, 05:53 PM
Team Athracite Physician

So far with 1 month of ownership and 1 rear sub-rattled fixed under warranty I gotta say PlanetAcura in Downey has been pretty good to me. I too was going to check out Thomas Acura because they were offering a lower price but Downey (PlanetAcura) spent the time to really show me the car - they got my business.

Thanks for the info - will avoid them for any service issues.
Old 05-10-2006, 07:00 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I, too, was considering buying my TL from them but ended up getting my NBP 6MT from Sierra Acura recently. I've only been in the service dept. at Sierra once to get my deck lid spoiler installed and the service manager there was very helpful and friendly.
Old 05-10-2006, 08:05 PM
VSA Rocks

Wow. Scratch another LA/OC dealer off my list. So far, I've already had the following experiences:
Cerritos - Ok Service / Will never use sales again
Tustin - Bad service / Good sales
Weir Canyon - Good service / N/A sales (only test drove with them)

And now I'm getting bad reviews from Thomas? Whoa -- Acura really reminds us we didn't purchase a true luxury brand. Oh well -- I'd rather limit my trips to the dealer with a Honda product compared to frequenting a nice dealer for constant warranty repairs (BMW / MB / etc)
Old 05-10-2006, 10:26 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Black_6spd
Wow. Scratch another LA/OC dealer off my list. So far, I've already had the following experiences:

And now I'm getting bad reviews from Thomas? Whoa -- Acura really reminds us we didn't purchase a true luxury brand. Oh well -- I'd rather limit my trips to the dealer with a Honda product compared to frequenting a nice dealer for constant warranty repairs (BMW / MB / etc)
I purchased from Weir Canyon and I would highly recommend them. I live closer to Riverside Acura, but their salemen are rude.

I take my car for service at Weir Canyon, service is always first rate too.
Old 05-10-2006, 11:55 PM
Intermediate

I've taken my car there for service twice, and I have to say those will probably be the last.
Old 05-11-2006, 02:12 AM
Intermediate

I stopped by Thomas Acura 2 weeks ago to buy some all season floor mats and the guy at the parts counter seemed more interested in finishing up his burrito that he was eating behind the counter then helping me. Everytime he talked to me it was with food in his mouth. And they didn't even have any mats in stock. He asked for my # so he can call me on 5/9 when the next shipment arrived so I can pick them up. It is now 5/11 and my caller id shows no #'s from that 626 area code.
Old 05-11-2006, 02:51 AM
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts
Thomas - Bad service
Thanks for the list!

I bought my car at Cerritos. Bargain was painless and I was out of there in 2 hours (mainly because I was ready to buy). Service is OK. They were all booked when I tried to make an appt for an oil change, so I went with Cush Acura Kearny Mesa (yes, San Diego). Service is good there as well.
Old 05-11-2006, 10:39 AM
10th Gear

Does anybody have any experience with South Coast Acura located in Costa Mesa, CA? Will be moving there and in the market for 06 TL 100% A-SPEC package. The internet sales manager guy quoted me $40K out of the door price. Thanks.
Old 05-11-2006, 01:14 PM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by colossus
So far with 1 month of ownership and 1 rear sub-rattled fixed under warranty I gotta say PlanetAcura in Downey has been pretty good to me. I too was going to check out Thomas Acura because they were offering a lower price but Downey (PlanetAcura) spent the time to really show me the car - they got my business.

Thanks for the info - will avoid them for any service issues.
Totally agree with on Downey Acura. I installed my A-Spec Suspension there and the service was good. They also had the lowest installation charge versus Sierra Acura of Alhambra and Thomas Acura of Covina. Guess who charged the most for installation? Thomas Acura. Bunch of crooks. Paying more for the worst service. Doesn't make any kind of sense.
Old 05-11-2006, 06:04 PM
Advanced

well I hope some big wigs from Acura watch these threads. maybe they will yank this a-holes dealership from him. He sounds better suited to sell fords lol
Old 05-11-2006, 07:19 PM
DRA
Your ad here

...Oh well -- I'd rather limit my trips to the dealer with a Honda product compared to frequenting a nice dealer for constant warranty repairs (BMW / MB / etc)
While ideally I want both, I would take a reliable car over a nice dealer any day.
Old 05-15-2006, 12:00 PM
2006 TL - ASM/Quartz

Thomas Acura Service Department - The Worst

I have had nothing but bad service from Thomas Acura's service department.

I don't know if he is still there, but service manager "Edwin" was terrible. The rest of the department reflects his general attitude.

I drive the extra distance to have my new TL serviced at Metro Acura in Montclair. Their service department seems to be very professional.
Old 05-15-2006, 02:48 PM
Magnaflow Performance

Add another positive for Weir Canyon- I have had nothing but good experience there- service and sales-
Old 05-16-2006, 03:22 AM
Advanced

Just bought my car two weeks ago from Thomas Acura. Sucks to hear such bad stuff about them cause they still owe me that first oil change for free when it's due. Now I'm not sure I want to go there!
Old 05-16-2006, 09:15 PM
Anthracite TL

Originally Posted by MTB06
Does anybody have any experience with South Coast Acura located in Costa Mesa, CA? Will be moving there and in the market for 06 TL 100% A-SPEC package. The internet sales manager guy quoted me $40K out of the door price. Thanks.
MTB, I got my 06 AM/Navi last March at Soutg Coast Acura. Jules the sales guy is very pleasant to deal with. I even get a free trunk tray. Have not gone back to for service yet, but will go there for service. Tell Jules to give you a good deal and tell the guy with the same name as his sent you there.
No3No4, thanks for the info, I was going to go service my TL to Thomas Acura cos is closer to my home, but I rescheduled my appointment. Now I am going back to So Coat Acura for service even though will cost me 40 miles both ways.
Old 05-16-2006, 09:16 PM
Anthracite TL

BTW MTB, I got my 06 AM/Navi for 32.5K plus taxes.
Old 05-18-2006, 01:18 AM
Intermediate

for warranty service would you have to go back to the dealer you bought it from? I bought my TL from Thomas in 12/05. My rear bumper has spots that look like there is no clear coat on it and feels extremely rough. I just put my a-spec kit on and the paint on the rear bumper looks different enough to make it look bad.
Old 05-18-2006, 01:38 AM
ALL SHOW AND NO GO

I had pritty good service there. But that was 3 years ago. i like the way they let you help yourself to all the fruits and drinks you want. not like other places
Old 05-18-2006, 02:36 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by scturborr
for warranty service would you have to go back to the dealer you bought it from? I bought my TL from Thomas in 12/05. My rear bumper has spots that look like there is no clear coat on it and feels extremely rough. I just put my a-spec kit on and the paint on the rear bumper looks different enough to make it look bad.
you could take the car to any dealer of your choice. after all they get paid even for warranty work.
i have wdp and the color of the a spec rear underbody spoiler do not match with the rest of the car.
Old 05-18-2006, 02:30 PM
Safety Car

Received 296 Likes on 176 Posts
I go to Sierra Acura because I know the General Manager there. So anything I do I talk to him and he will take care. Sierra Acura is OK if you know the right people. If you don't then ya....kind of a pain. It's good to know someone there so they can complain to them.
Old 05-18-2006, 02:36 PM
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by no3no4
This is for the people in Southern Cali. Beware of Thomas Acura. Their service stops once you buy your car from them. Good luck servicing your car there. Customer service sucks. Rip you off with high prices. Do tire rotations when u tell them not to. Lose your hub rings that come with aftermarket wheels. Customer service non existant. Service Manager don't know why he's a manager. Doesn't return calls. So don't be a victim. Don't buy or service your car there if u love your car. Thomas Acura is located in Covina.
Good to know they suck to stay away.
Old 05-18-2006, 02:56 PM
I drive a Subata.

Received 2,603 Likes on 1,571 Posts
For me,

Cerritos - N/A service / Sales men = Jerks (when I asked to open the door of TL, so I can take a look inside, like 4 sales men looked at me and said "are you gonna buy it today?" Right after, I went to Weir Canyon and bought TL.

Tustin - Good Service (very nice people actually) / Pretty nice

Weir Canyon - Hate the service here. . Oh my god I don't even want to mention in my head. Just piss me off so much. / Nice sale men (The one who helped me was very cool. He also drives a nicely modified integra.)

I go to Tustin to change my engine oil.
Old 05-18-2006, 04:48 PM
Magnaflow Performance

Originally Posted by JS + TL
For me,

Cerritos - N/A service / Sales men = Jerks (when I asked to open the door of TL, so I can take a look inside, like 4 sales men looked at me and said "are you gonna buy it today?" Right after, I went to Weir Canyon and bought TL.

Tustin - Good Service (very nice people actually) / Pretty nice

Weir Canyon - Hate the service here. . Oh my god I don't even want to mention in my head. Just piss me off so much. / Nice sale men (The one who helped me was very cool. He also drives a nicely modified integra.)

I go to Tustin to change my engine oil.
At Wier, I only go to the service write who is the younger guy- he has always taken care of any problem I came to him with- he has gone out of his way to make sure Im happy-
Old 05-18-2006, 05:07 PM
Instructor

The more I think about Thomas Acura the more pissed off I get. When I was looking for my TL I went there and the saledude was trying to sell me a preowned '05. He told me that it had more HP than the '06. At the time I knew nothing about the SAE testing. So I asked him why they had lowered the HP and he claimed he didnt know. What a dishonest POS.
Old 05-19-2006, 11:11 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by vandido626
The more I think about Thomas Acura the more pissed off I get. When I was looking for my TL I went there and the saledude was trying to sell me a preowned '05. He told me that it had more HP than the '06. At the time I knew nothing about the SAE testing. So I asked him why they had lowered the HP and he claimed he didnt know. What a dishonest POS.

Vandido626 - what's SAE testing and why they lowered the HP do you know?

Just purchased 06 TL A-SPEC package at South Coast Aucura in Costa Mesa but haven't pickup the car yet until next week. The Sales Manager guy said that he doesn't recommend to install the sport suspension because it will be bumpy ride - it this true or shall I get this sport suspension?

Thanks for the help.
Old 05-19-2006, 11:32 AM
Instructor

Vandido626 - what's SAE testing and why they lowered the HP do you know?

Just purchased 06 TL A-SPEC package at South Coast Aucura in Costa Mesa but haven't pickup the car yet until next week. The Sales Manager guy said that he doesn't recommend to install the sport suspension because it will be bumpy ride - it this true or shall I get this sport suspension?

Thanks for the help.
you can get all the HP info here https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137108

I have the aspec package and the ride feels pretty much the same to me. I even installed the c/t rear sway bar and the ride hardly changed. If anything the aspec suspension will improve your ride because it will handle better. the stock suspension really doesnt handle well at all imo. I had a lincoln ls before the tl and that was a smooth ride, it also handled ALOT better than my TL on the stock suspension.

I live in the L.A. area, if they dont have a aspec TL for you to test drive feel free to PM me. I'll let you take mine for a spin.
Old 05-19-2006, 01:05 PM
I drive a Subata.

Received 2,603 Likes on 1,571 Posts
Originally Posted by GNN60GT500
At Wier, I only go to the service write who is the younger guy- he has always taken care of any problem I came to him with- he has gone out of his way to make sure Im happy-

Can I get his name please? I live in Anaheim Hills, so it's actually better for me to go to Weir if his service is good. Thanks in advance!
Old 05-19-2006, 07:14 PM
Racer

holy crap finally a thread about this

i took my 04 TL there 2 times and that will be the last.

the most recent there I had my tires rotated and engine oil filled etc. I come back with a missing BATTERY COVER, one wheel cap installed crooked/jammed in, and black marks on the seat bolster. 2 Days later when my tire blew out I took it to a tire shop and they asked me why I didn't know the insides on my tires were so worn out they had to replace it instead of fixing it. I told them I just had it serviced so I thought it was ok... obviously Thomas Acura didn't say shit to me about my bald tires.
Old 05-19-2006, 07:29 PM
Intermediate

i bought an 06 nhb tsx from them back in feb 06, and my buying experience was pretty damn good. i dont have any complaints, just my .02
Old 05-19-2006, 07:31 PM
Cruisin'

Hello,

I bought my 2005 TL from Thomas Acura a year-and-a-half ago. The sales experience was wonderful; I would recommend them for sales.

However, for service, I must agree with the original poster. Perhaps they need to change the service manager.
Old 05-19-2006, 09:37 PM
Cruisin'

Has anyone had any experience good or bad with Acura of Glendale? I got a good price and so far dealing over email they have been pretty good and straightforward. I'm hoping to get my 06 TL w/Navi Nighthawk/Parchment in 2 weeks. Yay!

Does anyone know what their service is like? Pretty soon I'll be moving to Valencia - any info on Acura dealerships there?

Thanks!
Old 06-19-2006, 12:10 PM
10th Gear

CompTech Installation Vendor

Does anybody know a good vendor in Costa Mesa, CA that can install Comptech swaybar?

Thanks for your help.
Michael
Old 06-19-2006, 03:01 PM
100k miles club

got my TL there back in march 2004. good xp during purchase, very bad xp during service. here's my thread 2 years ago https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...t=thomas+acura

i never went back to that place!

i've been going to Downey/Planet Acura ever since. it's closer to work too. Kam is a cool guy even referred me to a stereo and tint shop that they take some of their cars to
Old 06-19-2006, 05:21 PM
ediddy

Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with Cerritos.

I cannot speak for all the salesmen there but there are some cool ones there.

As far as the service dept James Wong is a great service advisor there along with Jon Martin the new Service Director along with Jim Spriggans.

I service my car at Cerritos Acura and have no issues there.
Old 06-19-2006, 10:11 PM
Racer

MTB06,

You can install the sway bar yourself easily without taking anything off other than just the sway bar. I just did it and was suprised how easy it was since the bar is really tucked up in there and surrounded by the exaust and other suspension parts. It took about 20-25 minutes total from putting the car on jack stands to setting it back on the ground. Six bolts/nuts total to deal with.
Old 06-20-2006, 01:10 AM
2005 TL SSM/Quartz

you are right, I had my car serviced there 6 months ago.

nothing really bad happened, but i just get the feeling they just don't care about your car.

all the time there, I just had a feeling in my gut, I hope they did what they were suppose to do. They look unorganized.

The prices were too high, i just decline a bunch of stuff they wanted me to do.

Old 06-20-2006, 01:39 AM
8AT > 6MT

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i bought my TL at weir canyon too...i don't know about their service dept, i haven't used it too much...but the one time i thought my brakes were squeeking cuz they messed up...i forgot that brembos squeek regardless

Quick Reply: Thomas Acura Are A Bunch Of Crooks