Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Texas Owners - Body Shops in Austin?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 05:18 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Texas Owners - Body Shops in Austin?

Looking for recommendations for body shops in Austin, TX or surrounding cities (Georgetown, Round Rock, Pflugerville, Lakeway, Oak Hill, etc.).

My 07 Type-s was rear-ended on I-35 this past Saturday. Bumper cover, trunk lid primarily damaged. I'm worried about getting OEM parts and my 3-stage Pearl White paint.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

-Todd
Old 05-07-2009, 08:34 AM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
PM sent
Old 05-07-2009, 09:00 AM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,841 Likes on 8,573 Posts
Originally Posted by 07txtltype-s
Looking for recommendations for body shops in Austin, TX or surrounding cities (Georgetown, Round Rock, Pflugerville, Lakeway, Oak Hill, etc.).

My 07 Type-s was rear-ended on I-35 this past Saturday. Bumper cover, trunk lid primarily damaged. I'm worried about getting OEM parts and my 3-stage Pearl White paint.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

-Todd
awe fk.. sorry to hear. I haven't heard about a body shop locally that I would recommend. I can tell you that the body shop that McDavid Acura uses is pretty good. I've seen some of the work that they've done and it's not bad. I would call and talk to the service manager at both Sterling & McDavid Acura. They'll recommend you the body shops they use.. then I'd actually go into their recommended shops and check out the work and talk to the body shop manager, get an estimate, look up reviews and go from there.

I hope everything works out. I had a WDP '08 Loaner get sideswiped and after they repaired it I couldn't notice any prior damage had occured. Well just a suggestion.. GL!
Old 05-11-2009, 04:05 PM
Cruisin'

Info Acura Body Work in Austin...

David McDavid - has its own collision center in Cedar Park - long track record, but currently backed up for nearly 2 months.
Sterling Acura - sends their body work to Whitaker's Auto Body & Paint - dirty shop and office, didn't get a good vibe, but was told they are very familiar with Acuras.
I had a recommendation to AusTex on Braker (Guss the painter) - Nice shop. Didn't get to chat with Guss. Willing to work with you on estimates.
Also, I had a recommendation to Collision Craft in Hutto, TX. - smaller shop. While browsing the work floor, I started up a conversation with this guy who turned out to be the owner.

So far, I am most impressed with Collision Craft in Hutto. They really show pride and detail in their work. They take their time and pay close attention to the little things. They don't like re-using parts which might be damaged during removal (badging, etc.). They like to work closely with the adjusters and insurance to get the maximum claim for OEM parts, sufficient paint blending, etc.

I'll post an update as things progress.

-TL
Old 05-11-2009, 05:25 PM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,841 Likes on 8,573 Posts
Originally Posted by 07txtltype-s
David McDavid - has its own collision center in Cedar Park - long track record, but currently backed up for nearly 2 months.
Sterling Acura - sends their body work to Whitaker's Auto Body & Paint - dirty shop and office, didn't get a good vibe, but was told they are very familiar with Acuras.
I had a recommendation to AusTex on Braker (Guss the painter) - Nice shop. Didn't get to chat with Guss. Willing to work with you on estimates.
Also, I had a recommendation to Collision Craft in Hutto, TX. - smaller shop. While browsing the work floor, I started up a conversation with this guy who turned out to be the owner.

So far, I am most impressed with Collision Craft in Hutto. They really show pride and detail in their work. They take their time and pay close attention to the little things. They don't like re-using parts which might be damaged during removal (badging, etc.). They like to work closely with the adjusters and insurance to get the maximum claim for OEM parts, sufficient paint blending, etc.

I'll post an update as things progress.

-TL
My transmission guy is in Hutto.. A lot of those boys are real good at what they do. Follow your gut.. it'll steer you right.

I bet McDavid's booked with all those hail damaged Acura's..
Old 05-19-2009, 08:48 PM
Cruisin'

Got the Assessment from the Adjuster...

$3,246.60

The trunk lid was warped so that got added to the list.

Rear bumper, trunk lid, trim & molding, 3-stage paint, blend to rear quarter panels and top, etc.

They put in a remanufactured bumper in the estimate. Not happy about that. However, how many Type-S remanufactured bumpers are really out there?

Plus, the shop said that if there is one to be found, they will test it out fully to make sure the repair work will last for the life of the car. If not, they will reject it and resubmit a request for new one... So, I guess either way, I'm in good hands.

Still waiting on the check so I can get things started.

-TL