Talented Body Shop Needed for White Pearl in Westchester, NY

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 02:09 PM
bkw
Death to Dave Marek.

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Talented Body Shop Needed for White Pearl in Westchester, NY

Hey guys,

I know that this is the TL forum, but since there's a lot more of you out there than RL owners, I'm hoping some of you may be able to assist.

We own a Premium White Pearl 2005 RL that needs a new rear bumper and some touch up on the front bumper. We've checked out a few local shops and I dont feel confident with their competence.

I've done a quick search here and have found a thread about Westchester Acura and Young's Autobody, but that was from 3 years ago.

Happy New Year!
Old 01-03-2006, 03:40 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
be very careful with the pearl white paint. i used to own a 04 White Diamond Pearl which hood got keyed. it took the shop a few tries to match the paint. they ended up ordering the paint from Acura directly.

they matched it up nicely. just be very carefull since the wrong mix can make your bumper look more yellow than pearl.
Old 01-03-2006, 04:14 PM
bkw
Death to Dave Marek.

Originally Posted by 3PUTT
be very careful with the pearl white paint. i used to own a 04 White Diamond Pearl which hood got keyed. it took the shop a few tries to match the paint. they ended up ordering the paint from Acura directly.

they matched it up nicely. just be very carefull since the wrong mix can make your bumper look more yellow than pearl.
Exactly why I need a talented body man.

I had a spa yellow pearl s2000 that got keyed. It took 3 tries to get the paint right, and the third and final time it required a total respray of the car. The first two times, you couldnt see the difference in plain light, but under florescent street lamps, the difference was very evident.
Old 01-03-2006, 08:57 PM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Received 561 Likes on 393 Posts
Originally Posted by bkw
Hey guys,

I know that this is the TL forum, but since there's a lot more of you out there than RL owners, I'm hoping some of you may be able to assist.

We own a Premium White Pearl 2005 RL that needs a new rear bumper and some touch up on the front bumper. We've checked out a few local shops and I dont feel confident with their competence.

I've done a quick search here and have found a thread about Westchester Acura and Young's Autobody, but that was from 3 years ago.

Happy New Year!
Check out my body shop, a place in the Bronx called Lofey's. They do ALL the body work for Lexus of Englewood and Benzel Busch. The kind of shop you walk into and 9 out of 10 cars being worked on are MB or Lexus.

They're on Jerome Ave & about 169th St. 718-588-4757.
Tell Pat (the receptionist) to make sure John does the paint work.
Old 01-03-2006, 11:47 PM
bkw
Death to Dave Marek.

Don't mean to go off on a tangent here but I've had the displeasure of sending my mothers 'parking lot hit and run' granite grey S500 to Benzel. Not sure whom they subcontracted, but whoever they did so performed a piss poor job. The door was replaced as was the lower AMG sideskirt. The paint was noticeably off in plain daylight and the parts were not aligned properly. I had to work with my attorney and the regional MBUSA rep in order to have them do it over. Unfortunately they botched it the second time as well. They attempted to blend in the door and the lower panel, but the car was now different shades of grey. My mother got fed up with the hassle and decided that it just wasnt worth the fight any longer. Benzel lost their business with this fiasco and now they deal with a competing dealership and are patiently awaiting delivery of their new S550.

I'll ask the folks to look in their records, if Lofey's is not the place they took it to, I'll go check it out. Thanks for the referral my wife really wants her car back on the road asap.
Old 01-05-2006, 09:00 PM
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 1 Post
Before you make a decision, check out Martone's Auto Body in Ossining NY. I brought my brand new Blue Metallic RSX in after my wife ran the whole right side along a parked van, he brought it right back to showroom condition. He's very meticulous about his work and does a great job.

Ask for Tony Martone

Martone Auto Body
179 N Highland Ave, Ossining, NY
(914) 941-9372
Old 01-06-2006, 06:16 AM
05WDP Midlife crisis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What I did when I needed body work done is seek out a high end dealer, ie: Ferrari, and ask who they use. Worked out well for me.