welp, that escalated quickly.
Old 09-03-2013, 11:41 AM
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 53 Posts
Originally Posted by gwhizkid
Can't tell if troll or idiot..

Most likely the latter
Thanks for pointing that out.

OP made it sound that everyone hates it but most of the posters praised him for doing it. Only one person in post # 28 called him an idiot.

Then he went through my old posts trying do dig any dirt on me and telling me to get a life. Isn't it obvious who need to get a life.
Old 09-03-2013, 11:45 AM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Vidur Chengappa
Also your comment right there is a blatantly ignorant. If you had any idea of how repainting a car changes its originality you'd understand why that isn't an option. Again a description of how much money and time you have in your life.

If you want to do that then great. Don't go dictating what is or isn't necessary. Transmission fluid changes aren't necessary if you granny your car. Why did you bother changing your Lexus's transmission fluid? Waste of time in my opinion but no body on this forum told you to go spend your time elsewhere. Everyone was supportive on your thread.

Either give better options or don't say anything. Beyond that I'm done wasting my time on people like you who are a part of car culture. I bet car shows and meet ups are a waste of time because family isn't necessarily part of the equation.

Please get a life.
OP can do whatever he wants.. His car his money and time. Im sure Aura OC loves his car as much as OP does.

Cars are going to chip with wear and tear. I take my car on any roadtrip. Its a joy to drive. When I was younger I felt the same as you and OP. I was anal and did not want to put miles and always protected the paint.

After owning about 15 or so cars, and bikes I feel vehicles come and go. A few of them I had got into accidents beyond my control, rear end, deer, theft.

I told myself. Damn from now on any vehicle I have I am going to enjoy. Part of enjoying it taking it on road trips. I remember looking back. When OP looks back he will remember the masking tape instead of a nice shiny car.

You can think what you want Vidur, maybe this is yours and OP favorite car or first car. But there will be more to come. This is just my experience.

BTW feel free too dig in my old post.. lol
Old 09-03-2013, 12:02 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Acura-OC

OP made it sound that everyone hates it but most of the posters praised him for doing it. Only one person in post # 28 called him an idiot.

Then he went through my old posts trying do dig any dirt on me and telling me to get a life. Isn't it obvious who need to get a life.

I did not call OP and idiot.. It was what would come to my mind.. Im not bashing anyone. Just providing my perspective and experience. And I can almost guarantee you later down the road you would feel different about masking it.

This pic below was a memorable first snow trip. I would hate to remember it with masking tape.
Attached Thumbnails Taking the TL-S on a road trip-photo.jpg  
Old 09-03-2013, 12:09 PM
UA6
Safety Car

Received 700 Likes on 438 Posts
Old 09-03-2013, 12:53 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 268 Likes on 202 Posts
Originally Posted by bpowa
I did not call OP and idiot.. It was what would come to my mind.. Im not bashing anyone. Just providing my perspective and experience. And I can almost guarantee you later down the road you would feel different about masking it.

This pic below was a memorable first snow trip. I would hate to remember it with masking tape.
OP can do whatever he wants.. His car his money and time. Im sure Aura OC loves his car as much as OP does.

Cars are going to chip with wear and tear. I take my car on any roadtrip. Its a joy to drive. When I was younger I felt the same as you and OP. I was anal and did not want to put miles and always protected the paint.

After owning about 15 or so cars, and bikes I feel vehicles come and go. A few of them I had got into accidents beyond my control, rear end, deer, theft.

I told myself. Damn from now on any vehicle I have I am going to enjoy. Part of enjoying it taking it on road trips. I remember looking back. When OP looks back he will remember the masking tape instead of a nice shiny car.

You can think what you want Vidur, maybe this is yours and OP favorite car or first car. But there will be more to come. This is just my experience.

BTW feel free too dig in my old post.. lol
BTW given all the rock chips on my hood and bumper and the fact that I can't spend a couple hundred bucks to fix it trust me I've been there and I hate the fact that I just didn't want to do it that particular day. Now I have an other wise beautiful car that has imperfections all over it.

Lol. Fine. Acura-OC, I don't even know why you started with replying to my comment. I wasn't even talking to you to begin with. I quoted bpowa to start.

That being said I love how I'm the guy with issues here when I've said nothing insulting or derogatory to begin with.

Either support or provide constructive criticism is something's off. Opinionated crap gets annoying. Someone may thing it was idiotic of me to paint my wheels a different color just because they don't like it.

We're supposed to be a community that helps other owners out by sharing knowledge not criticizing choices based off of opinions. Come on people!

Last edited by d1sturb3d119; 09-03-2013 at 01:00 PM.
The following users liked this post:
bpowa (09-03-2013)
Old 09-03-2013, 01:01 PM
Advanced

Lol. Fine. Acura-OC, I don't even know why you started with replying to my comment. I wasn't even talking to you to begin with. I quoted bpowa to start.

That being said I love how I'm the guy with issues here when I've said nothing insulting or derogatory to begin with.

Either support or provide constructive criticism is something's off. Opinionated crap gets annoying. Someone may thing it was idiotic of me to paint my wheels a different color just because they don't like it.

We're supposed to be a community that helps other owners out by sharing knowledge not criticizing choices based off of opinions. Come on people!

Wow Wow.. You painted your wheels a different color? Now thats idiotic.. lol Kidding man..
The following users liked this post:
d1sturb3d119 (09-03-2013)
Old 09-03-2013, 02:12 PM

Received 1,162 Likes on 847 Posts
Ibftl
Old 09-03-2013, 02:29 PM
Burning Brakes

Wow Wow.. You painted your wheels a different color? Now thats idiotic.. lol Kidding man..
I love how I addressed Bpowa initially and he's super chill now. Acura-OC started freakin outta nowhere!
Old 09-03-2013, 02:38 PM
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 53 Posts
I love how I addressed Bpowa initially and he's super chill now. Acura-OC started freakin outta nowhere!
Exactly the point I was trying to make. People can disagree and be cool about it not hateful. Hate, is the word that gets under my skin.
Old 09-03-2013, 03:24 PM
Burning Brakes

Thumbs up

Exactly the point I was trying to make. People can disagree and be cool about it not hateful. Hate, is the word that gets under my skin.
Wasn't referring to you bud. Haters can mean anyone who is disapproving in a rude manner.

Its cool to be critical but just like you, the word hate to me is what describes people being critical of someone else for no rhyme or reason.
Old 09-04-2013, 05:29 AM

Received 1,162 Likes on 847 Posts
Well, that de-escalated as quickly as it escalated
Old 09-04-2013, 09:29 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by justnspace
welp, that escalated quickly.
Originally Posted by paperboy42190
Well, that de-escalated as quickly as it escalated
Lets make a note that the situation deescalated between these comments!