Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A story right out of a movie...

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2005, 10:18 AM
Team WD Photographer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A story right out of a movie...

So I'm coming home from a friend house late at night. Wife's in the car with me (her car..I'm driving). I'm taking it easy...don't want a ticket...and as I get off one interstate onto another, I notice a car slowly pulling up beside me. It is a new Porsche GT3...middle aged guy driving it. It's like midnight, so there is no traffic around. I was only going about 70, so I speed up just a tad to stay next to him. We're now doing 75-80 and we are gaining on a car in the distance of the three lane. We get next to him and it is an S2000.

So here we are...three wide all going the exact same speed. It was straight out of a movie...damn I wish I had a video camera. All of the sudden the S2000 drop a gear and nails it (loud exhaust...) and the Porsche notices and does the same...then I drop it a gear (5sp Auto) and mat it. The TL seemed to pull about like the S2000, but the Porsche must have been holind back because he didn't pull away that fast. We maybe hit 120-130 before slowing down as there was a spot where cops hide and we all knew it...we all hit the brakes at the same time. We did this like 3-4 times before I had to get off on my exit. My wife was egging me on the whole time (she had a few drinks...LOL). She usually bitches when I drive fast...but then I did get hit in her first TL...not my fault for the record...

I get off and notice that the S2000 is in front of me. Cool. Now I get to see how good he can drive. We were hitting a curvy two lane with nothing on it...well..potholes...but no driveways...he didn't have anything for me. Don't get me wrong...the S was fast and he was absolutely driving the crap out of it, but I was on him the whole run. It was like a video game with the traction control...shifting and putting the pedal on the floor...for a sedan with FWD...the TL is a great car.

We finally get to a four way stop and he goes right...I toot the horn...

That kind of stuff happens all the time on motorcycles, but it is so rare in cars to find someone capable and willing to drive fast.