Sponsored by:

Stock TL-S VS. Turbo Mitsubishi Lancer

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 01:12 AM
WDP Is Faster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stock TL-S VS. Turbo Mitsubishi Lancer

I will tell you now..I lost.

So i was getting off the highway and was waiting at a stoplight making a left on a two lane road. Lancer comes up, I thought it was a evo wannabe. From waht I could see, it was fully tinted, exhaust, debadged the whole way, no spoiler, greyish color w/ bronze rims w/ brake upgrades possibly brembos?. Interior wise, really couldn't see anything..he had real dark tint +nighttime. All I could see was boost controller and an in dash screen. Honestly, it looked pretty clean. Sleeper type.

We go, he doesn't try anything so I basically pace with him the whole time, and throughout the whole way, for a mile or two, he won't do anything. (yea i'm a persistant biotch haha). , we stop at a stoplight, he says something to me, soemthing alongs teh line of "come on." Green light comes, it didn't look like he was really pushing it so I wasn't fully throttling it. Then all of a sudden...wwwwwwwwwooooooshhhhhhhh and he's off. By the time I realize this, he's just walking me...he/I eventually let off at around 80-90 with him couple car lengths lead. I catch up to him, i tell him on three, we go, I shift to second at 40mph, and honk three times. I floor it for a good 2 seconds until i saw i was walking him like it was standstill... I thought he didn't want to go again so I braked just to pace with him again. Five seconds later...wwwwwwwooooooooooooossssshhhhhhhhhhh he's off. Couldn't catch him by that time..he was going +70 and I knew I couldn't catch up to him. I eventually u-turned and went back home haha

I'm pretty sure I would've been closer atleast from the start of the race if he actually went at the same time as me but he was fast. I'm definetly positive that he owuld've walked me either way especially once we hit past 60mph.

Question is..what the hell kind of model of lancer is that? Is it really that fast or am I that damn bad at driving?
Old 11-13-2006, 01:41 AM

There is the RS Lancer Evolution. Wingless, no abs, no stereo, no powerwindows, etc etc. 290hp/290torque on a much lighter car with all wheel drive no contest.

If you were only a couple of car lengths behind him he probably wasn't even trying to race you. With simple bolt ons, my friends RS is running close to 400hp to the crank and good for a mid to low 12 second run.

Its your car not your driving skills. TL-S is auto and its a pig
Old 11-13-2006, 02:18 AM
WDP Is Faster

nah it couldn't be.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...lr%3D%26sa%3DG

It looked nothing like an evo... see the link above, it had those kind of taillights. NO way in hell would I try an evo ahha. Actually..it basically was teh exact same model as up in that link. Trunk was all debadged and everything. I know he was trying, I could hear him.
Old 11-13-2006, 07:17 AM
B A N N E D

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
maybe u did get beat by a lancer with an aftermarket turbo lol but the way u say he took off off the line he must be awd so its prolly an evo 8 or 9 with the wing removed
Old 11-13-2006, 10:06 AM
now with four rings

Originally Posted by reloaded
I shift to second at 40mph
i don't know much about anything other than the 3rd gen TL's, but it sounds like you shifted too early...i can get at least between 40 and 50mph in first gear before i shift to second...i shift to third around 80mph if i remember right...but still, the guy did have turbo, lighter car, etc....so it may have not mattered...at least ya tried...
Old 11-13-2006, 11:43 AM

It could have been a lancer with this turbo kit -

Road///Race MIVEC TURBO KIT Stage 1

Kit produces 245 h.p. and 262 torque. That is 80+ h.p. than stock. Kit includes everything needed to install. Comes with BiG 16G TURBO, Tial External wastegate, Ceramic Coated Tubular Turbo Manifold, Turbo Downpipe ,RRM Front Mount Intercooler, BOV, all piping, fuel management system, Injectors etc. and complete oil system
Old 11-13-2006, 12:40 PM
WDP Is Faster

Originally Posted by S1CK TypeS
maybe u did get beat by a lancer with an aftermarket turbo lol but the way u say he took off off the line he must be awd so its prolly an evo 8 or 9 with the wing removed
Nah, he didn't want to take off the line. For some reason, he would start from a roll. Everytime I tried to get him to start off the line, he didn't budge.

Originally Posted by rimz
i don't know much about anything other than the 3rd gen TL's, but it sounds like you shifted too early...i can get at least between 40 and 50mph in first gear before i shift to second...i shift to third around 80mph if i remember right...but still, the guy did have turbo, lighter car, etc....so it may have not mattered...at least ya tried...
Didn't know that i could shift back to 1st while going 40mph'ish. Thanks for the tip, I'll have to try that one day...and yea..i had no chance..but I think i would've gotten a lil closer haha.

Edr0e- You know...the funny thing about it is throughout the whole thing, I never even bothered to look at the front of his car for an intercooler. I'm pretty sure he had one and yea i'm sure he did a decent amount of work to his car because he was fast.
Old 11-13-2006, 03:35 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by reloaded
Nah, he didn't want to take off the line. For some reason, he would start from a roll. Everytime I tried to get him to start off the line, he didn't budge.
well then no evo driver would give up the opertunity to run it off the line, cause thats one of the best features on the car. you prolly ran into a lancer sleeper.
Old 11-13-2006, 03:56 PM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You got a TL-S 02-03 no way you could downshift to 1 or push the first gear more than
25mph
Old 11-13-2006, 06:40 PM
~~~~~~~~~~~

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by acurabum
You got a TL-S 02-03 no way you could downshift to 1 or push the first gear more than
25mph
And why not??? I do it all the time, all you have to do is gateshift
Old 11-13-2006, 07:42 PM
I need 2 more gears

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
i can get up to 40 in first, not 50 though, 75-80 in second and 110 in 3rd.
Old 11-14-2006, 06:48 AM
B A N N E D

you cant get the down shift into 1st after 32mph. if you down shift at 32mph it puts you around 5500rpm so you can get close to around 40mph in 1st. i never really watched the spedo cause 1st is so quick im usually watchin the rpms makin sure i dont bounce off the limiter lol