Sponsored by:

St. Louis Area Dealers

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2004, 06:48 PM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Louis Area Dealers

Hi all,

I am considering the TL as I am looking at new cars and would be interested about other members' experiences at dealers in the St. Louis area....

Thanks,

Dan
Old 11-15-2004, 12:50 PM
Advanced

NBP 05 AT/Navi at Mungenast

I bought mine at Dave Mungenast in October. Was treated great, but damn, they wouldn't deal much. They sell a crapload of cars and have a great selection. Frank Leta just didn't have the selection. I dealt with Brad Galibreth the Internet sales dude and he was great.
Old 11-15-2004, 03:49 PM
Team Anthracite Member

I got all 3 TLs at Frank Leta. GREAT service dept. Won't budge much on price as they sell many as well.

Took care of tires on my wife's TL, replaced with Pzeros no charge. Have had nothing but great experiences with them.
Old 11-17-2004, 09:51 PM
2nd Gear

I had a terrible experience at St. Louis Acura. I had previously purchased an Acura from them and had it serviced there religiously since I bought it. I really bent over backwards to continue that patronage and purchase my TL from Mungenast, but they treated me like they didn't care about my business. I received much better treatment and price at Leta and they didn't know me from Adam. I haven't had much cause to use Leta's service department yet, but so far in my limited experiences they have been very responsive and effective.

As for selection of cars, I wanted DGP/Parchment 5at with Navi which is relatively rare. Leta didn't have this car on their lot or in their allotment. My salesguy was able to trade with another dealer and have the car I wanted within 3 weeks. All that and they substantially beat Mungenast's price.

Good Luck!!
Old 12-16-2004, 03:19 PM
Team Anthracite Member

When you guys say they didnt budge much, what do you mean? If you dont mind, what are the prices you guys paid so I can get an idea on what is and is not a good deal.

Brad quoted me $34187 for a Auto with Navi (this included the Distination charge, but not TTL). This also included free oil changes for 4years\50K miles.

I have seen guys pay $32,900 for autos with Navi, but I was curious how St. Louis prices were.

Thanks guys!
Old 12-21-2004, 02:32 PM
Advanced

Brad at Mungenast

Originally Posted by mortifer
When you guys say they didnt budge much, what do you mean? If you dont mind, what are the prices you guys paid so I can get an idea on what is and is not a good deal.

Brad quoted me $34187 for a Auto with Navi (this included the Distination charge, but not TTL). This also included free oil changes for 4years\50K miles.

I have seen guys pay $32,900 for autos with Navi, but I was curious how St. Louis prices were.

Thanks guys!
That's what Brad quoted me too. I tried to work off of invoice to no avail. I'm still happy though. It was a pretty good deal considering it includes transportation, and oil changes for the duration of the warranty. Watch them though. They had the exact car that I wanted on the lot, and they had already put door guards, mud guards, all weather floor mats and the trunk tray on it and wanted to charge list for those items. I told them that I did not want to buy those items that I would get them off of e-bay for a fraction of their charge. They ended up taking the trunk tray and floor mats, but left the door guards and mud guards on at no charge.

Overall I love my NBP/Ebony 5AT Navi. They treated me good there. I'm getting ready for my first service visit. I was hoping to get a deal like a lot of the others had as well, but I think they sell the TL's pretty quick in St. Louis. I'm not sure about Frank Leta, but I think that they are the same way. Good luck!
Old 01-05-2005, 06:17 PM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I bought my RSX (I know, different forum) at Mungenast in 2002; didn't deal much on the price, but it was a new model at the time and they were selling well. They did great on my trade-in, though. Their service department has been great each time I have been there and they always treat me well.

I agree with the poster that mentioned door guards, trunk mat, etc. The car had just arrived on their lot THAT DAY that I bought it and they had already installed hundreds of dollars worth of crap I didn't want.

They threw in the wheel locks & door guards for free but agreed to take out the trunk mat & all season mats.

The only tacky part of this was that they forgot to take the mats out of the car and I hadn't noticed it when I drove off the lot. When I returned the next day to pick up my manual (they didn't have one at the time), the salesman asked for them back since I didn't pay for them! I obviously gave them back, but that just seemed sort of tacky.

The free oil changes/wash/etc that they offer are a great bonus during the life of the warranty. I wonder if they offer the same service to those who lease instead of buy.

I hope to go back to Mungenast in about a year to trade in the RSX for a TL (lease?). I'm hoping that they treat return customers better than some on this board have mentioned.

I'd think that they would even have some sort of incentive for return customers, but maybe that is not the case.
Old 01-05-2005, 06:56 PM
Team Anthracite Member

I ended up buying it through Frank Leta and couldnt be happier. They really know how to treat a customer and I will be back again when it is time to get another Acura.
Old 01-05-2005, 09:03 PM
Instructor

Mortifer: if you don't mind me asking, what price did Leta end up giving you? How much lower was it than Mungenast's? I bought my RSX from a guy named Scott Duke at Mungenast...did not go through Brad.
Old 01-05-2005, 10:02 PM
Team Anthracite Member

Originally Posted by ckiggins
Mortifer: if you don't mind me asking, what price did Leta end up giving you? How much lower was it than Mungenast's? I bought my RSX from a guy named Scott Duke at Mungenast...did not go through Brad.
the car price was 33,900 + destination for a Anthricite\ebony with Navi and 5Auto. I know it isnt as good as a deal as a lot of guys got on the forum, but I really liked the way they did business and was impressed with everything so I didnt mind paying a little more (plus they are much closer to my house). I honestly just trusted my salesman (flamesuit on) saying that was as low as he could go on a Navi. If he lied to me, it's on his chest, not mine. I am happy with the deal, absolutely LOVE the car and, in the end, all that really matters to me.

If you want, I can give you my salesmen's name. He is truely a good guy and would happily recommend him to anyone.
Old 01-05-2005, 10:10 PM
Instructor

That would be great, though I am not looking to lease until about a year from now (January 2 to avoid PP taxes!)

I'm waiting to pay down a little bit more on the RSX to have some more to put down on the TL.
Old 01-05-2005, 10:12 PM
Team Anthracite Member

That would be great, though I am not looking to lease until about a year from now (January 2 to avoid PP taxes!)

I'm waiting to pay down a little bit more on the RSX to have some more to put down on the TL.
His name was Bob Carr. He is the internet salesman. Great guy to work with! Good luck getting the TL. I didnt pick up my TL until this past Monday to avoid PP Taxes! I have had it for 3 days now and LOVE it... and my last car (which is still for sale BTW) was a '00 Corvette.
Old 01-05-2005, 10:16 PM
Instructor

Sounds great, thanks!

Have my eye on the Anthracite auto...not sure if I want navi or not. Not sure if it's worth the extra cash for how much I would use it.

I would be interested to hear from others in STL who have *leased* regarding what price you paid, how much you put down and what your payments are including taxes each month.
Old 01-05-2005, 10:20 PM
Team Anthracite Member

Sounds great, thanks!

Have my eye on the Anthracite auto...not sure if I want navi or not. Not sure if it's worth the extra cash for how much I would use it.

I would be interested to hear from others in STL who have *leased* regarding what price you paid, how much you put down and what your payments are including taxes each month.
I know many others will back me up on this. GET the Navi. Worth it!!!
Old 01-05-2005, 10:22 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Sounds great, thanks!

Didn't lease my car, but the nav system IS worth the extra cash..... I've owned the car for almost a year and it has bailed me out more times than I can count.