3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speeding Tickets... How to help you.

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 12:33 AM
Pimpin' Ain't Easy!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
a tip that my dad told me (LEO), and idk if this applies everywhere - but here in WI it does, you can request that the judge or prosecutor "hold it open". This means that the ticket won't be on your record, and nothing happens to you as long as you keep your nose clean for the next 12 months. if you get a ticket, you have to pay the first ticket with the points, and then the 2nd as well.

this is just a request saying "If you let me go now, I promise I will make it up to you"

like i said, idk if this is everywhere, but it wouldnt hurt to ask. the worst that will happen is they say no.

good luck
Old 04-22-2007, 12:37 AM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
Originally Posted by MikeC65
I'll answer this but you need to realize that in the St. Louis area it is very very easy to get a ticket amended to no-point/non-moving, assuming the person doesn't have a horrible driving record, and as a result the average attorney fees is very very low compared to other states. I rarely have to go to court at all. If I do, for a routine ticket I charge $150. If it's a ticket to be amended by mail (yes, we lawyers can do this here), I charge $50. It's a volume business.

A buddy of mine was telling me about how great the system was in St. Louis. His speeding ticket was reduced to some sort of parking (or other non-moving) violation. Paid the lawyer 100 bucks and the ticket fine.

I wish it were like that out here
Old 04-22-2007, 09:14 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In NY it depends on where the ticket was issued. The last few I have gotten I went to court on.

One was 84 in 55. State Trooper. I had a clean lic at the time. Trooper (and judge) let me plead guilty to failure to obey sign or something like that. 2 points and a fine. The judge sets the fine and seems to set it according to what the original offense was. Trooper was cool at all times. When he pulled me over and at court. Just doing his job but, not an asshole about it.

Next was crossing a double yellow line and seat belt. I did cross the line to go around a tool that stopped and did not signal at all. I only crossed it maybe 1/3 the way. Cop was a jackass. I took my seat belt off before he got to the car. So he decided to write me up for that too. I went to court. local town kangaro type court. This was a town one town over from where I was living. A joke of a police 'force'.

The 'court' was a room with folding chairs and tables. Probably bingo hall the rest of the time. Cop does not even come to court. There is a town prosicutor who asks the cop to submit some paperwork and then you get another court date. You never see the cop. What are the chances you will win at trial? The judge and prosicutor probably have dinner afterwards. However they wheel and deal at the first hearing. If I had just the one ticket before the court they would let me plead it down to the same as above. Failure to obey traffic sign. 2 points. He took all the people that were in that situation and wish to plead guilt first. He didn't care if you had 5000 tickets before this one. He never looked at your record. This is done in the hallway in a group. But, since I had the seat belt ticket he said he would kick the seatbelt but, would not kick the crossing the double yellow.

So I plead guilty to crossing the double yellow. 3 points instead of 2. I did infact cross it but, never got to even explain why.

I have another ticket now I am waiting for a court date.

For many towns, and cites it is just about money. They aren't doing it to keep the roads safe. Just generate cash. The State Troopers at least look to see if you have other tickets before the wheel and deal. The small local town didn't care. Just wanted their money.

In NY I would recommend NEVER pleading guilty by mail. When I was a kids I used to just mail them in. Now I goto court.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:49 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Tripp11
Why do some people pay their tickets and not fight it? Time is money, and all those hours of reviewing documents and meeting with prosecutors takes time.

Plus, some states are being more aggressive in their traffic courts. Here in Indiana, the judges are daring you to play the "hope the cop doesn't show" game. For example, a standard speeding ticket is $100 and let's assume you postpone the trial in hopes the cop doesn't show or for some other reason. You walk into court and the judge figures out you were playing the game, he slaps a $500 fine on you PLUS court costs because you're an idiot. What was once a $100 fine is now $500+ because you're a moron.

Have a legitimate argument which contradicts the officer and proves you weren't speeding - fine.

Trying to "beat the system" without support is lame.

You play. You pay.
Hours of reviewing documents? What crack are you on?

A trial takes 5 minutes at the end of your court call session. It is often the prosecutor questioning the cop, allowing you to then question, and then the judge decides.
Old 04-23-2007, 11:27 AM
Newbie for Life

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by SuperStar
Hours of reviewing documents? What crack are you on?

A trial takes 5 minutes at the end of your court call session. It is often the prosecutor questioning the cop, allowing you to then question, and then the judge decides.
Gee, SuperStar, did you even bother to read the OP's article posted? Probably not...

Nah, you wanted to be internet tough guy and bust my balls when you've failed to realize I was referencing the original article.

Let me help you out a bit...

The article references Alex Carroll, author of "Beat the Cops: the Guide to Fighting Your Traffic Ticket and Winning", who recommends going to the courthouse to file a discovery motion or a public records request. Carroll also suggest checking the ticketing officer's notes, calibration records for radar guns and verifying that all data was recorded correctly. Carroll further suggests talking to assistant prosecutors to discuss the infractions. Carroll also discusses filing the necessary paperwork to postpone court appearances time and time again.

Thus, the actions recommended by Carroll take time, and to me, time is money. I don't have hours to visit governmental agencies and reviewing documents and meeting with prosecutors....like the article discussed.

SuperStar indeed...
Old 04-23-2007, 11:35 AM
Newbie for Life

Originally Posted by fant0m_TL
It's not necesarrily trying to beat the system... I mean, I guess I can see where you are coming from on that, but for my instance, when I got hit with the 15 over, you bet I would have wanted to know this... not to "beat the system" but to give myself a break from a cop who obviously was done with third shift and wanted OT.
The thing that drives me crazy is when people knowingly speed and then complain, whine and moan and try to get out of paying the ticket.

That's why I've adopted the "you play...you pay" motto on tickets. You KNOW you're driving in excess of the posted limit so you're playing, and probably loving that speed. However, should you encounter an officer who pulls you over for violating the posted limit, you pay.

In GA, I was pulled over for 97 in a 70, and I definitely was playing that day. I took my ticket and called the number on the back and asked to talk to the judge. I point blank admitted to speeding, because I was, and asked if there was anything I could do to reduce the points. We talked it out and I ended up taking a driving class online and I forwarded my class results to her, and in return, she didn't report this to my home state. Further, I paid my ticket in full.

More and more each day, people will try anything and everything not to be held accountable for their own actions.
Old 04-23-2007, 12:02 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
The thing that drives me crazy is when people knowingly speed and then complain, whine and moan and try to get out of paying the ticket.

That's why I've adopted the "you play...you pay" motto on tickets. You KNOW you're driving in excess of the posted limit so you're playing, and probably loving that speed. However, should you encounter an officer who pulls you over for violating the posted limit, you pay.

In GA, I was pulled over for 97 in a 70, and I definitely was playing that day. I took my ticket and called the number on the back and asked to talk to the judge. I point blank admitted to speeding, because I was, and asked if there was anything I could do to reduce the points. We talked it out and I ended up taking a driving class online and I forwarded my class results to her, and in return, she didn't report this to my home state. Further, I paid my ticket in full.

More and more each day, people will try anything and everything not to be held accountable for their own actions.
i dont know about everyone else in this thread, but i think the most important part to EVERYONE reading this is to just get out of the situation with NO POINTS, so i think we are all glad to pay if it means no points.
Old 04-23-2007, 01:00 PM
Pimpin' Ain't Easy!

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you 100%. I am man enough to admit my mistakes and take it like a man... but in this instance, I honestly didn't know I was speeding. I wasn't trying to hotdog around in the car or anything like that... I was focusing on my route off the freeway as one of the exits were closed... and I wasn't speeding up, I just didn't slow down in time.

oh well, you live and you learn i guess
Old 04-23-2007, 01:15 PM
Time to Climb

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts
nice info, my court date is coming up on june 11
Old 04-23-2007, 02:43 PM
Racer

Why pay the full amount and receive the full points if you don't have to? With a small bit of effort you can sometime save money, points and on your insurance rates.

It is just a game. More often then not all the care about is the money. They can have the money when I mess up and get caught. But, why not save some points if you can? If I goto court and they will not budge then I will accept my lumps and pay the full fine and get the full amount of points. Will be no one's fault but, my own. But, hell why not spend an hour and see if I can't do better?
Old 04-23-2007, 03:07 PM
The Boss

I got 2 words... "fuck cops"
Old 04-23-2007, 03:27 PM
Newbie for Life

Originally Posted by jcondon
Why pay the full amount and receive the full points if you don't have to? With a small bit of effort you can sometime save money, points and on your insurance rates.

It is just a game. More often then not all the care about is the money. They can have the money when I mess up and get caught. But, why not save some points if you can? If I goto court and they will not budge then I will accept my lumps and pay the full fine and get the full amount of points. Will be no one's fault but, my own. But, hell why not spend an hour and see if I can't do better?
See post #46 where I talked about paying the ticket but preserving points...

I'm all for keeping points off the license, if it can be done. I'm only commenting on those who knowingly speed and then whine/complain when they get caught and have to pay the ticket.

As I've said in multiple posts, our local county traffic judges will lay it on you if you postpone and delay in hopes the cop doesn't show or waste the courts time with foolish excuses. What was once a $100 ticket turns into $500 PLUS court costs real quick.

Don't want to get caught and ticketed for speeding? Don't speed...

You play. You pay.
Old 04-23-2007, 06:42 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
See post #46 where I talked about paying the ticket but preserving points...

I'm all for keeping points off the license, if it can be done. I'm only commenting on those who knowingly speed and then whine/complain when they get caught and have to pay the ticket.

As I've said in multiple posts, our local county traffic judges will lay it on you if you postpone and delay in hopes the cop doesn't show or waste the courts time with foolish excuses. What was once a $100 ticket turns into $500 PLUS court costs real quick.

Don't want to get caught and ticketed for speeding? Don't speed...

You play. You pay.
Hey, are you a cop? You know you have to tell us if you're a cop right? LOL!
Old 04-24-2007, 01:30 PM
Pro

A lot of the tactics that the original posts requires you to use don't apply in a lot of states. I've gotten tickets while living in New Mexico and Arizona. In New Mexico, if you get a ticket and want to fight it, you have to request a "pre-trial hearing" after which time a court date is set. The court date is set so that the cop can come in on a certain day and respond to all of the tickets he's issued at once. The court date is absolutely set in stone. You can't postpone it for any reason. If you don't show up, they will render judgement in default against you, plus additional court fees, plus they'll issue a bench warrant for your arrest, after which you'll end up paying another thousand bucks.

In Arizona, the court date is set one month after you get your ticket. Absolutely no correspondence is allowed by mail, as suggested in the original post. You are REQUIRED to show up for your original court date on the ticket or you'll be arrested, period. You can't postpone for any reason.

Additionally, in both states, you are not entitled to a trial by jury in civil complaints.

YMMV
Old 04-25-2007, 08:55 AM
Racer

I'd say that all of these books giving advise on how to fight tickets are a total BS...nothing but a marketing to sell **** for profits.

Not even a fancy radar detector will help you, not even radar jammer...only sound judgment (where to speed and by how much), good luck (not to be caught), and a car that does not attract wrong kind of attention. Once caught, suck it up and invest in an attorney..it will cost you more, but you significantly increase chances of getting out of this mess with clean record. In my area, a decent atty charges 200-400 for a simple traffic violation court appearance. Let attys do the talking, because they somehow know presiding judges, prosecutors, and even the cops that stopped you, because they do it for a living.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:14 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Originally Posted by Kostyan
I'd say that all of these books giving advise on how to fight tickets are a total BS...nothing but a marketing to sell **** for profits.

Not even a fancy radar detector will help you, not even radar jammer...only sound judgment (where to speed and by how much), good luck (not to be caught), and a car that does not attract wrong kind of attention. Once caught, suck it up and invest in an attorney..it will cost you more, but you significantly increase chances of getting out of this mess with clean record. In my area, a decent atty charges 200-400 for a simple traffic violation court appearance. Let attys do the talking, because they somehow know presiding judges, prosecutors, and even the cops that stopped you, because they do it for a living.
Hey you are close enough to me. Have you ever personally used an atty with success in traffic court? What was the outcome and for what violation? I have to go to court in Montgomery Co and wanted to know if it's a worthwhile investment?
Old 04-25-2007, 09:57 AM
Pimpin' Ain't Easy!

Originally Posted by Kostyan

cant be complete BS... it's not a book (although one has been reference in the online article), it's a page written on Yahoo! Finance. And it does have good tips - by good, meaning one's that most people don't know that could POTENTIALLY get you out of a ticket...

these are just basic ways to HELP you that people dont know about off the top of their head. that's why it is a decent article - serves its purpose.

I do see your point tho, there is a lot of crap out there that is just there for pure profit.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:35 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by darksom1
Hey you are close enough to me. Have you ever personally used an atty with success in traffic court? What was the outcome and for what violation? I have to go to court in Montgomery Co and wanted to know if it's a worthwhile investment?

I just sent you a reply. My experience, unfortunately, includes 10+ tickets, at least 5 times I had to hire an atty. I had observed the action in court rooms, it is a HARD game, judges are so unpredictable, and you can not count that cop won't show up, that really is a game, too. Depending on violation, your insurance rate may go up by 500-1000 per year for next 3 years...so my argument that it is a smart business decision to invest 200-300 to a fine amt (200)..equals to a total of 500 to save 3000...1 to 6 game.

Find a good reputable attorney who is mature, meet with him ahead of time, have him discuss your case ahead of time, NOT during the court- thats just phony! Some attys may stand you up in court- show up late...be smart and dont pay in full until after the court. Look your sharp, be clean cut, wear business casual, dont have to wear tuxedo or a suit and tie, be respectful.

If you have to represent yourself, look the judge in the eye, if the cop showed up, then dont piss off the judge, plead guilty with explanation, use "your honor" and specifically ask for PROBATION BEFORE JUDGEMENT...
Old 06-14-2007, 10:53 AM
Pimpin' Ain't Easy!

Originally Posted by mrchan625
sigh i just got a ticket like 2 hrs ago and this is pretty ironic but ill see if this actually works and leedogg tell me how your trial is mines in june 19th.

kinda off topic but oh well
it was kind of weird i had my V1 radar on and i didnt see or hear it go off. Will this help me since he put that he used a radar ?? Or does my v1 just suck?
let me know how that goes... i just got pulled over last night... im not even going to get in the details... but let me just put it this way : my stupid A$$ will be getting an occupational license really friggin sucks... i was stupid and no I have to pay for it.
Old 06-14-2007, 11:39 AM
Pimpin' Ain't Easy!

PS - it wasnt DUI or anything like that... lets just say I let the VTEC open up a little too much... and the speed was too high.....
Old 06-14-2007, 12:45 PM
Starcraft II addict

Received 91 Likes on 51 Posts
When I lived in St. Louis I had Frank, my lawyer on speed dial. I had 3 speeding tickets and got them all reduced to parking fines, even the 83 in a 55 one. Frank charged a flat rate of $100 (although I got a 50% discount on one for giving so many referrals). All the courts did was slap on some more money to the fine and then reduce it. However there as far as I know the lawyer still had to setup a court date.

I have also lived in KC and there it is even easier. They have a place called TLC (Traffic Law Center). All you do is call them up, tell them what the ticket was for and in what county, then they tell you how much right then and there how much to send them to get out of the ticket (includes ticket fines plus their fees). They have deals setup with all the courts, I don't even think they go to the court date.

I'm now in MN and they really don't have that concept here at all. If you schedule an appointment with the hearing officer and be courteous then they may drop tickets and/or remove the ticket and put you on a probation period (usually 1 year).
Old 06-14-2007, 12:54 PM
Pimpin' Ain't Easy!

Originally Posted by Buda
When I lived in St. Louis I had Frank, my lawyer on speed dial. I had 3 speeding tickets and got them all reduced to parking fines, even the 83 in a 55 one. Frank charged a flat rate of $100 (although I got a 50% discount on one for giving so many referrals). All the courts did was slap on some more money to the fine and then reduce it. However there as far as I know the lawyer still had to setup a court date.

I have also lived in KC and there it is even easier. They have a place called TLC (Traffic Law Center). All you do is call them up, tell them what the ticket was for and in what county, then they tell you how much right then and there how much to send them to get out of the ticket (includes ticket fines plus their fees). They have deals setup with all the courts, I don't even think they go to the court date.

I'm now in MN and they really don't have that concept here at all. If you schedule an appointment with the hearing officer and be courteous then they may drop tickets and/or remove the ticket and put you on a probation period (usually 1 year).
well i can assure you that i need a lawyer. I went to http://www.tixnix.com/ and got a lawyer in Milwaukee (where it happened) for $1000 (which is what id be paying in tickets) he can garatunee no points but idk about the money.. God I hope so... I dont want to pay 2k ... then again, if i dont, my insurance will double, if not triple - i already pay 2k a year (19 with a "sports" car, male, and 1 ticket on file)... after last night, if I dont do this through the lawyer, I will pay much, much more over a longer period of time... im an idiot.
Old 06-14-2007, 05:31 PM
Pro

While the OP's advice may work depending on your situation, I can tell you that in Tucson, the traffic court has a 96% conviction rate for people who plead not guilty or no contest. You are not allowed to fight the ticket by mail and you are not allowed to postpone or chnage your court date (which is set by the ticketing officer). If you try to do either, they'll just arrest you, impound your car, and slap you with thousands of dollars in fines. It may seem unfair but basically, if you get a ticket, there is a 100% chance you will be paying it, because if 90% of people just pay the fine without contesting the ticket and 96% of people who contest the ticket are found guilty, then you have a 0.4% chance of getting out of the ticket here. You are guilty until proven innocent and they will revoke any rights they feel like in order to expidite the process because they are desperate for your cash to shore up city and county coffers.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:00 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,771 Likes on 4,342 Posts
If youi are in NC:

- If you a clean, you can get a prayer for judgement. No insurance points, no fine. I believe this is a one time deal. IIRC, this is only an option if you are less than 20 mph over.

- You can get 2 continuances. Go to your original court date and ask for the continuance. If asked, tell them you are considering getting an attorney.

- When the time comes, if you are clean (or fairly so), ask the judge or DA for a redcution. If you can get the speed reduced to less than 10 mph over, no INSURANCE points; pay the fine and costs only + license points.

I had:

45 in a 35 and Driving with an expired license. I blew off the court date and ignored the ticket. That led to a Suspended License.

About 18 months later I was caught in a "roadblock/sweep". I got Driving While License Revoked and an Expired State Inspection sticker. (they let me drive away . I still don't get that. )

Got a postponement (so no record on the DWLR yet). Got a new date on the 1st ticket and asked for a reduction. Got 36 in a 35 and the expired license dismissed. $50 fine and $110 costs.

Got another postponement on the DWLR and the Inspection. Got my car inspected and paid the fine $375-ish.

Got my final postponement. Went and got my license renewed. $50 for renewing a suspended license.

Went to court with no outstanding tickets, a passed inspection and paid fine, and a valid license. Asked for dismissal of all - I told 'em I screwed up but got it fixed and paid $$$ for it. DA dismissed all, no points, no fine, no costs.

In the end it cost over $500, but no Insurance Points.

Learn from my mistakes: Don't blow off your tickets - fix what you can and ask for reductions on the rest; Get your car inspected; Keep your license up to date.
Old 06-15-2007, 07:34 AM
Suzuka Master

well i can assure you that i need a lawyer. I went to http://www.tixnix.com/ and got a lawyer in Milwaukee (where it happened) for $1000 (which is what id be paying in tickets) he can garatunee no points but idk about the money.. God I hope so... I dont want to pay 2k ... then again, if i dont, my insurance will double, if not triple - i already pay 2k a year (19 with a "sports" car, male, and 1 ticket on file)... after last night, if I dont do this through the lawyer, I will pay much, much more over a longer period of time... im an idiot.
$1000 is ridiculous unless it involves a misdemeanor.
Old 06-15-2007, 07:57 AM
Pimpin' Ain't Easy!

Originally Posted by CleanCL
$1000 is ridiculous unless it involves a misdemeanor.
well i was speeding alot... and the reckless ticket... comes out to about 800... i dont mind paying the extra 200 as long as i can get it all straitened out.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:55 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
I've always thought that the greatest act of automotive civil disobedience would be for everyone to just not speed for a year. If the speed limit says 45, then don't go faster.

In the ensuing year, police departments would lose a vast source of revenue and turn their attention to serious crime.

That, and keeping right if you're not passing. By keeping right you're helping traffic flow and won't be likely to get the attention of traffic cops.
Rob144
Old 06-15-2007, 09:16 AM
Suzuka Master

well i was speeding alot... and the reckless ticket... comes out to about 800... i dont mind paying the extra 200 as long as i can get it all straitened out.
well, expect $1,000 in lawyer fees + $500 or more in fines. But you won't get points.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:35 AM
Pimpin' Ain't Easy!

Originally Posted by CleanCL
well, expect $1,000 in lawyer fees + $500 or more in fines. But you won't get points.
oh joy. lol - well, id rather bite the bullet now than have to do it every year until im 25....
Old 06-15-2007, 10:54 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

I have a court date on Tuesday for a speeding violation. Not anywhere as flamboyant as fant0m's, but I wanted to know what asking for "Probation Before Judgment" would get me? Anybody knows, especially someone in Maryland?
Old 06-15-2007, 11:12 AM
Pimpin' Ain't Easy!

Originally Posted by darksom1
I have a court date on Tuesday for a speeding violation. Not anywhere as flamboyant as fant0m's, but I wanted to know what asking for "Probation Before Judgment" would get me? Anybody knows, especially someone in Maryland?
its similar to what they call "Holding it Open" here in WI. The judge will not offer it, but if you ask, and you have a clean record, he might let you do it. It's when you ask the judge if he would be willing to grant you a 12 month pardon, where you kinda make a deal with him and ask if there is anyway for him to hold off sentencing you the ticket for 12 months if you keep your nose clean. If you make it 12 months with no problem, then you are scott free... if you screw up, you pay that ticket/points along with the new one... and then some i THINK...

good luck... and pray for a female judge... i know YOU could get even judge Judy to get all hot and bothered

LOL good luck man
Old 06-15-2007, 11:32 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

LOL...I always say that to myself before shit happens...If I get pulled over - I hope it's a female cop, late for work - glad I have a female supervisor, court date - hope it's a female judge! Hahahahahahaha...I'm laughing, but aside from the judge (which hasn't been tried and NO I DON"T THINK IT WILL), the other two have paid off!!!
Old 06-15-2007, 02:31 PM
Racer

Here is my story,
2 months ago, I was on my way to school. I normally take highway because the road that links to my school was under construction for like 6-7 months. They widen the road into 2 lanes so we would have to park on the road like we used too.

I was driving 50mph until I got to a bridge that has a downhill sloop. I didn't realize that I was driving at 60mph because everyone else was driving at the same speed. The car in front of me saw the cop before I did, so he slams on the brake. I have no choice but move to 2 lanes. 2 sec later, a Group of traffic cops camped under the tree pulled me along with 3 other cars over. I was ticketed $90 60mph at 45mph zone. On my way home from school, I realized that all the speed sign on the road was blocked off with trash bags.

I took some pictures and went to the court. The cop that ticketed me show up to the court that day. I told the judge that this is my first time being ticketed; I also told him other things to show that i am a safe driver. I gave him the pictures that i took about the signs that is being blocked off. The cop immediately told the judge that there was one speed sign on each end of the road. I was like WTF, I didn’t come from the end of the road, plus the road is 4 miles long and one sign on each side of the lane is not enough. I told the judge that I have no way to see that sign because I didn’t came from the end of the road. later, the cop said on your driver’s handbook, it said that if the road is under constitution and speed signs are blocked off, you should drive no more than 35mph. I was shocked when I heard that. I didn’t know want to say because I was nerves. The judge plead me guilty and fined me $250, but no points are being taken off.
I was so piss off. I felt that this is a setup. The cops know there is only one sign and they still camp out of the side of the road.
One funny thing to this is few days later, state policy department called me up and ask for a donation. I told him that why should i? he said “to show your support….” I said “ you guys ain’t doing a very good job, all you want is money money and money. I also told him that Orlando is one of the highest crime range in the nation, and what can you guys do about it. He was like hmmmm…. I’m not supposed to answer questions. i just want your money. I hang up.
Old 06-15-2007, 03:02 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,183 Likes on 1,211 Posts
^^^ you could have answered the cop by saying, well if the speed limit was 45mph, then driving at a max speed of 35 mph would cause a safety hazard as well. Just a thought, albeit, might not be a very strong one to get you out of the ticket.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:08 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Originally Posted by ggesq
^^^ you could have answered the cop by saying, well if the speed limit was 45mph, then driving at a max speed of 35 mph would cause a safety hazard as well. Just a thought, albeit, might not be a very strong one to get you out of the ticket.
All that will get you is , then telling you to shut the hell up and sign this ticket! Hahahahaha...just messing with you ggesq!! LOL!

One funny thing to this is few days later, state policy department called me up and ask for a donation. I told him that why should i? he said “to show your support….” I said “ you guys ain’t doing a very good job, all you want is money money and money. I also told him that Orlando is one of the highest crime range in the nation, and what can you guys do about it. He was like hmmmm…. I’m not supposed to answer questions. i just want your money. I hang up.
That is friggin' hilarious!!

Well, no stunts for me on Tuesday, I'm just going to try the PBJ and see what happens!
Old 06-15-2007, 11:08 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,183 Likes on 1,211 Posts
^^^^ my suggestion was to ezland responding to the cop in court in front of the judge after the cop quoted the 35 mph bs- not while he was getting the ticket.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:32 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Court date was today...

Cop was a no-show...

Your boy goes free!!!

Hollaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!
Old 06-19-2007, 07:39 PM
Intermediate

my story

1999 cocoa beach, florida

7am, enroute to work at the cape...

57 in a 35 south of the city in the residential area

HOOOO HUMMMMM

cop gets out - first words "this your car, BOY?" (was a 1994 red probe GT)

oooooohhhh boy

$354 ticket

"thank you officer".....

went to court, cop didn't show (i wore my uniform) - judge apologized, dismissed the case - AND ISSUED A BENCH WARRANT FOR THE COP.... words to the effect of.... "tell him he can come explain to me why it's okay with him to waste a member of the military's time - plus waste my time"

interesting to note that prior to me there was a biz man (in a suit) with a lawyer - judge didn't even let the lawyer speak (really) - dude was time/distanced by FHP in the airplane going 115 in a 65.... guy got fined like $2000 and his license suspended...... (yikes).... it was funny to see the lawyer.... "judge... judge... JUDGE!!!.... then see the judge go ... "WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE???? - DID YOU MISS THE SOUND OF THE GAVEL??? (so he slammed the gavel down again and had the bailiff remove the pair from the courtroom)..........

anyway - i swear by my valentine 1. $400 well spent. i'm careful - but fast - and extremely diligent on the situation evolving around me when driving at high speed.........

doug
Old 06-19-2007, 08:03 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Originally Posted by batdude
it was funny to see the lawyer.... "judge... judge... JUDGE!!!.... then see the judge go ... "WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE???? - DID YOU MISS THE SOUND OF THE GAVEL??? (so he slammed the gavel down again and had the bailiff remove the pair from the courtroom)..........
anyway - i swear by my valentine 1. $400 well spent. i'm careful - but fast - and extremely diligent on the situation evolving around me when driving at high speed.........

Hahahahaha...that was like Chris Tucker in "Rush Hour": Do youuuu understand the words coming out of myyyy mouutthhh???

Ya see fellas...don't waste the judge's time, he won't waste our money!

V1 by next month...ya betta believe it!! The dog bites you the first time, it's his fault...second time it's your's!
Old 06-19-2007, 08:27 PM
Race Director

I know a couple people in NC that had tickets and when they went to court the judge dropped it down to improper equipment which is pretty much busted taillight. No points or anything.

Quick Reply: Speeding Tickets... How to help you.