Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speed6 vs S/C TL

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 08:39 AM
The Boss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speed6 vs S/C TL

Coming home from NJTP (New Jersey Turnpike) southbound...
cruising along with a black speed6 (Mazda turbo 626)...
We never really did a 3 honks run since there were a bit of traffic. But I did notice each time I take off, he would follow behind me. The car was much faster than I thought, and he did manage to stay with me not too far behind. I couldn't hear his BOV, I believe the car was stock so there wasn't any BOV added. I could tell he heard my whine as he didn't pull next to me to challenge a few runs. We cruised at around 80mph all the way from exit 8 to 4 before I exited out the NJTP.

At one point he went against a what seemed to be an older mustang GT. He managed to pull a good distance on him as I watch from far behind.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:13 AM
now with four rings

a s/c TL vs. any mazda is basically a waste of gas...unless they've got some decent mods to keep up...or if you really just need to teach them what's what...at least he (probably) knew what would happen and didn't try...

funny thing, driving home from work last night i passed this mazda6 on the highway and he tried to keep up with me the entire way...i burned him badly when we merged onto a different highway and our speeds dropped to 30ish mph...i was up to 80mph in no time while he was still merging...after miles of trying, he was never able to catch up...i don't think it was a mazdaspeed6, though, the tail lights looked very similar to the mazdaspeed6 shown on mazda's site...and damn, i didn't know those things had 280lb/ft torque...that's a nice gap between my 04 TL's 238lb/ft...
Old 03-29-2007, 02:40 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
[QUOTE=rimz]a s/c TL vs. any mazda is basically a waste of gas...unless they've got some decent mods to keep up...or if you really just need to teach them what's what...at least he (probably) knew what would happen and didn't try...
QUOTE]

ummm what about a 93 rx-7??? would that be a waste of gas..seeing how its a mazda??? even if it was just stock..and fairly modded??
Old 03-29-2007, 03:23 PM
Instructor

[QUOTE=StYLeZz101]
Originally Posted by rimz
a s/c TL vs. any mazda is basically a waste of gas...unless they've got some decent mods to keep up...or if you really just need to teach them what's what...at least he (probably) knew what would happen and didn't try...
QUOTE]

ummm what about a 93 rx-7??? would that be a waste of gas..seeing how its a mazda??? even if it was just stock..and fairly modded??
Didn't most of those last generation RX-7s catch fire and burn? I heard they were notorious for that.
Old 03-29-2007, 03:39 PM
now with four rings

Originally Posted by StYLeZz101
damn homie, did you take what i said to the heart...??? shit, calm down...what's with the triple question marks everywhere?

what about a '93 rx-7? yeah, it'd put up a good fight, but wouldn't beat a s/c TL...i left myself pretty open when i just said 'any mazda'...i should have included 'in the last decade' in my statement...not something from 14 years ago...

and you kinda cancel yourself out there in your last statement... "even if it was just stock..and fairly modded??" ...wtf?!? ...how can something be stock and fairly modded...? ...i said that unless it had decent mods to hang with a s/c TL then it would be a waste of gas...

what did you just get done watching Fast and the Furious and Vin's car reminded you of the '93 rx-7, so you thought you'd jump on here and try to sound badass...?