Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A-spec side skirt issue & alignment

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2005, 11:34 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A-spec side skirt issue & alignment

We all know about the gaps between the bumpers... but I have a new one...

When opening or closing the front pass. door the door scrapes agains the side skirt... the dealer fix it once, but now its back again.

Any ideas what the problem may be?

Next, since the install of the suspension the alignment has been off quite a bit (pulling to the right)

I have taken it in twice now, and the second time they said that the alignment is fine but the 18" wheels cause the car to pull to the right???? Is this normal? Or BS?
Old 01-15-2005, 07:51 AM
Now with i-Vtec

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I think you are experiencing tracking. This is a common problem caused by the increased rim diameter and a more agressive sport tire coupled with a more agressive suspension setup. However you may also want to go to NTB or someplace similar that will check out the alignment and if it is on par then they won't charge you. If they do just pay for it and either call it a loss or try to get your money back from the dealership. Not sure about the body kit.
Old 01-15-2005, 08:23 AM
Suzuka Master

Thanks for the info on the alignment, I will try that.
Old 01-15-2005, 10:45 AM
VTEC HoooA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had major alignment issues on my 04 A-Spec TL. It was so bad that if you took your hand off the wheel the car would literally change lanes. I took the car in 4 times for the same issue and each time was told that the issue was fixed (NOT).

I had come to wits end, and ended up bringing the car in handing the keys to the service manager and telling them flat out fix it or write me a check the keys are in your hand and the ball is in your court!

Low and behold the issue was resolved that very day. They had my car for the entire day and tweaked and tuned various components, swapped tires, swapped wheels. Long story short they are pulling your leg, pulling to the right (at least in my case) is not a normal attribute of the car. I do still experience some 'tracking' issues which are primarily due to the road surface and not the car.

Stay on your dealer, make sure to save paperwork, remind them that this is a safety issue, and remind them how many times you have been in for the same issue. If all else fails, take your issue to the sales floor (i.e. let everyone on the sales floor including potential customers overhear your dissatisfaction).

Good luck!
Old 01-15-2005, 10:53 AM
Suzuka Master

Thanks nodoze.... My problem is that I have the ronjon wheels... BUT i had the ronjon wheels and tires put on my car about a week before the a-spec...and in that week I had no problems... only after the a-spec installation....

I am going back this wed. to have my headliner replaced... I will bust their balls to get it fixed... all else fails I will threaten lemon law.... they know VERY well that I will kick their ass with a lemon law suit as I have done it to the infiniti dealer they own.....
Old 01-15-2005, 04:00 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 129 Likes on 101 Posts
Tell them you had the problem after the suspension upgrade, and do you have pics of the setup during the day?
Old 01-15-2005, 04:09 PM
Suzuka Master

Ron - No, I don't have any more pics than that are at acurakid.com.... the weather has been crappy and I havn't been able to keep it clean enough to want to take more pics.

I have told them that about the wheels, but I will tell them again. Thanks