Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sorry...

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 10:49 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry...

Trancemission. I wasn't trying to start anything, just trying to get a conversation going about why people thought Acura couldn't get rid of the rattles. And, fyi...I have done searches on rattles, if you would read my original post you would know that. Chill out.
Old 02-10-2007, 11:47 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,011 Likes on 1,430 Posts
some don't want acura to cause more probelms while fixing the rattles. wasting their time, saying its a characteristic of the car or because some dealers don't want to fix it.
Old 02-10-2007, 12:14 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,182 Likes on 1,210 Posts
i don't think he meant it for you to take it personally. rather, these types of discussions belong in car talk or ramblings.

"I have recently driven several Lexus ES 300's and researched them on message boards and they certainly don't seem to have any rattle issues."

during your research, did you also discover the hesitation issue with the ES? further, did you discover that some es350's had transmissions that failed and had to be replaced?

did you also find that similar cars in this class like the IS & G also rattle?

The TL is a wonderful car- which I think you agree. Most cars are going to have some sort of minor issue. My 05, other than a dead battery at 21k miles (replaced under warranty) and a faded dash which was easily fixed has been trouble free. Personally, I'll take a couple of rattles over a boulevard cruiser like the ES.
Old 02-10-2007, 01:33 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ggesq
i don't think he meant it for you to take it personally. rather, these types of discussions belong in car talk or ramblings.

"I have recently driven several Lexus ES 300's and researched them on message boards and they certainly don't seem to have any rattle issues."

during your research, did you also discover the hesitation issue with the ES? further, did you discover that some es350's had transmissions that failed and had to be replaced?

did you also find that similar cars in this class like the IS & G also rattle?

The TL is a wonderful car- which I think you agree. Most cars are going to have some sort of minor issue. My 05, other than a dead battery at 21k miles (replaced under warranty) and a faded dash which was easily fixed has been trouble free. Personally, I'll take a couple of rattles over a boulevard cruiser like the ES.
He just came across as very rude in his message...I guess that's the problem with message boards, hard to tell what someone intends sometimes.

I certainly agree that the TL is a great car. I didn't mean to imply that I really liked the ES 300 (haven't even looked into the 350's but I assume they have the same transmission as the new Camry which is also having issues). Rather that I haven't come across any rattle issues with the ES. Didn't notice the hesitation on the 300's that I drove. In the end, I really don't like the looks of the ES 300 at all after considering it.

I don't know why but for some reason rattles just really bother me on cars. But it's like you said, all cars will inevitably have issues, it's just a matter of whether or not you can get past them. I will ultimately get past it as I realize the value and overall attractiveness of the TL. However, I am probably going to go drive a new Altima 3.5 SE today to see what I think about it...we'll see. Thanks for your reply!
Old 02-10-2007, 03:57 PM
How may I help you.....?

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
wtf???

Mods are only doing thier jobs....
Old 02-10-2007, 04:13 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 205 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by Volrus
Trancemission. I wasn't trying to start anything, just trying to get a conversation going about why people thought Acura couldn't get rid of the rattles. And, fyi...I have done searches on rattles, if you would read my original post you would know that. Chill out.
This is pretty much what you said.

Originally Posted by Volrus
I guess it is more of a philosophy question and that is "Should a luxury car rattle like these do?" Just curious, do the majority of owners on this board experience rattles with their TL's?
Which is a topic that has been discussed over and over again... They are all in Problems and Fixes.

If you really did a search you would know that. So why ask it again?

If you wish to discuss this further feel free to PM me... You have enough posts now.

Also let me go ahead and say it now that starting a thread to argue with a mod will be the quickest way to end your existence with us..

Dont take me closing a thread personal.
Old 02-10-2007, 04:31 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 205 Likes on 128 Posts
I just went over to Problem and Fixes. There were three threads on rattles just on the first page.

Then I searched "rattles" and got an abundance of threads that will answer your question.

Here Ill make good with you and move your closed thread to Problems and Fixes and reopen it.