Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Something about the paint

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2004, 02:27 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Something about the paint

Sorry if this thread has already been posted.
I had my car's rear bumper and trunk lid fixed for some minor dents and the body shop guy asked me if the trunk was fixed before.. so I said no... But he kept telling me that he was 100% sure that the trunk was fixed before. Do you guys know if there's something that I could do or tell the dealer about this situation?? or would it be a waist of time..
Also the front bumper and rear bumper have darker colors than the rest of the car.. I thought that maybe the rear bumper could have this problem beacuase of the fix they did to it.. but the body shop guy told me that he didn't paint the whole bumper, but just the small part they fixed..And what about the front bumper???
Let me know if anybody has this problem and please let me know... Thnx...
Old 08-16-2004, 04:03 AM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I would question them on it. at least get the body shop guy's opinion in writing for your records in case it comes up later. I should think the dealer at least owes you an explanation.
Old 08-16-2004, 06:21 AM
Advanced

kimacuratl
Also the front bumper and rear bumper have darker colors than the rest of the car..

The plastic bumpers rarely come out exactly the same color as the metal panels, and do often look darker I think. As for the trunk having been repaired, or more likely repainted before, this can happen at the factory, or at the dealer post delivery to fix scratches. Whether the dealer tells you or not? That would no doubt depend on the dealer!
Old 08-16-2004, 07:45 AM
Walk the walk

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
The Forum has been through this before. The paint on the bumpers could match if they would put more paint. Some people have even had the it repainted paid for by Acura. It makes sense a body shop would pick up on the difference. Yes, you can find other new cars with mismatch, but that does not make it acceptable practice. No one picked up the challenge so I guess it true that you will not find any new BMW 3,5 or 7 any color with a mismatch like the TL.
Old 08-16-2004, 10:49 AM
Intermediate

Hi Kim.

My co worker purchased a 04 TL and his door was a hole shade off they had the door repained for him and they ended up giving him a free a spec packega cause he complained alot if you feel that the trunk was repainted and the bumpers don't match i would go back to the dealer on a $35,000 car all the paint should maych i mean were not talking about a frigen ford focus here this is acura's #1 selling car it should be better quality then that.

Steve
Old 08-16-2004, 10:52 AM
Intermediate

what color do you have?
i was just about to post something about this.
i have the white diamond pear and the rear bumper
so so friggin dark, i think its getting darker by the days.
i am about to go to acura and see whats up with this.
its even worse when my car is dirty. i was just looking
at this a few mins ago wondering what i should do.
Old 08-16-2004, 10:54 AM
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
my bumpers looks same color in sun shine. darker in shade.
Old 08-16-2004, 08:04 PM
Instructor

I have a satin silver metallic. But northjerser you are right. We are paying for a 35.000 car so we should complain for everything wrong with it right?. Well now Im on the process of gathering all the information I need. I also talked to the dealer and they told me to bring a written letter from the bodyshop inspectioned and that they are going to check the car.. the service manager told me that there was no record on the vin number about any body fixes they made, but to go over there and talk to sales.. Hope everything goes ok. If anyone else nows what to do on this situation please help me out... Ill let you guys know what happens so if anyone else is in my situation it may be of any help.. Thanx...