Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some random questions that i need help with

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 05:34 PM
M3RKED

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Some random questions that i need help with

ok so sorry if i didnt follow protocol but i have some questions i havnt been able to find any solid answers for... mainly exteriorwise

1. What has everyone used to black out their head and tail lights with? i purchased some film covers but they were garbage and peeled off... is there a certain trick or brand that works? im not really about spraying them.

2. im trying to go fotr an all black and dark graphite theme and all i have left is the lights and the front grill and back silver accent pierce under the tailgate logo.. what is the best method for "blacking" those out, if any. i would rather keep the stock look of the grill instead of buying the black mesh one ive seen. any tricks i should know of before i start?

3. lastly.. off the whole exterior topic thing but for some time now ive been hearing this whistling/squealing noise when im going through the lower RPMs, i havnt really tracked down the exact spot since i can only hear it when the accelerator is pressed. its rather annoying and almost sounds like a leak in the exhaust system somewhere.. but im not sure. would it be fixed with a new exhaust that im getting later this month or would it be something else...

I appreciate the help
Old 01-24-2010, 06:49 PM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
1. window tint film works great

2. some have had the front pro painted, but rock chips ultimately chip it... others have used black vynil which when done with enough patience can turn out extremely nice

3. could be an exhaust leak... or if you have an intake it could be that
Old 01-24-2010, 07:09 PM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dont black the headlights out. its dangerous and illegal.

otherwise, im going to use vinyl for my tails.
I have my side markers tinted black with spray tint

And do you have an aftermarket intake? My intake "whistles" at about 2100rpm, then stops. But it only does while accelerating.
Old 01-24-2010, 07:13 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DRS25
ok so sorry if i didnt follow protocol but i have some questions i havnt been able to find any solid answers for... mainly exteriorwise

1. What has everyone used to black out their head and tail lights with? i purchased some film covers but they were garbage and peeled off... is there a certain trick or brand that works? im not really about spraying them.

2. im trying to go fotr an all black and dark graphite theme and all i have left is the lights and the front grill and back silver accent pierce under the tailgate logo.. what is the best method for "blacking" those out, if any. i would rather keep the stock look of the grill instead of buying the black mesh one ive seen. any tricks i should know of before i start?

3. lastly.. off the whole exterior topic thing but for some time now ive been hearing this whistling/squealing noise when im going through the lower RPMs, i havnt really tracked down the exact spot since i can only hear it when the accelerator is pressed. its rather annoying and almost sounds like a leak in the exhaust system somewhere.. but im not sure. would it be fixed with a new exhaust that im getting later this month or would it be something else...

I appreciate the help
1. if you have the money get some cleared/blacked out or colormatched pro headlights from JnC or do em yourself or something, or just go to local tint shop OR there are some good ones on ebay for around 20 bucks OR go to bluebatmobile

2. grill and rear varnish you should paint for a clean look, you might consider wrapping in vinyl too if you are afraid of paint chips
Old 01-24-2010, 07:17 PM
M3RKED

Ok I'll try window tint then and see how that goes...

Where would I have a vinyl wrap done around the whole grill? I'm just trying to go for an all black no silver trim theme.

And in reguard to the whistling, I do have an Injen CAI but it was happeneing long before I installed that. I'm thinking exhaust.. Maybe I should just bring it to the dealership and see what they say.. Or wait until the Greddy EVO 2 I ordered is intsalled. It's just really annoying.
Old 01-24-2010, 07:19 PM
M3RKED

Thanks again for the feedback guys