Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some Advice Please

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2004, 02:02 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some Advice Please

Well, I just had my front bumper repainted for the 4th time and it is already pealing. Let alone they didn't attach the front bumper correctly and I had to send the car back to fix that after 7 days in the shop. The paint is already pealing again (I have had the car back for one day) and the bumper is still not attached correctly. I have been dealing with the paint problem for almost a year now. I think its time to walk away from this mess. I don't believe the bumpers will ever be fixed correctly(Acura cant figure it out). The dealer doesn't want to fix it until Acura comes up with a solution(who knows when) So I think I'm going to trade it in on an Audi S4. Since I have had so many problems with the TL and have purchased 9 cars from this Dealer they will sell me the S4 for 43,000 which is a pretty good deal.

My question is should I or shouldnt I? what do you guys think. It's an awesome car!!!
Old 10-09-2004, 04:24 PM
Instructor

If you get an acceptable trade, go for it. The S4 is a great car if the lack of rear seat room isn't an issue. The torque from the V8 is awesome.
Old 10-09-2004, 06:20 PM
i souport publik edekason

Originally Posted by 6spdzoomzoom
Well, I just had my front bumper repainted for the 4th time and it is already pealing. Let alone they didn't attach the front bumper correctly and I had to send the car back to fix that after 7 days in the shop. The paint is already pealing again (I have had the car back for one day) and the bumper is still not attached correctly. I have been dealing with the paint problem for almost a year now. I think its time to walk away from this mess. I don't believe the bumpers will ever be fixed correctly(Acura cant figure it out). The dealer doesn't want to fix it until Acura comes up with a solution(who knows when) So I think I'm going to trade it in on an Audi S4. Since I have had so many problems with the TL and have purchased 9 cars from this Dealer they will sell me the S4 for 43,000 which is a pretty good deal.

My question is should I or shouldnt I? what do you guys think. It's an awesome car!!!
I have had the same problem with mine... the joint where the front bumper meets up with the left front fender... That seam has been peeling from jump... The car has been back to the dealership 3 times for it... It still seems to be peeling...

The way I look at it is I've got the standard 4 year warranty, and proof that they have been dealing with this from jump... so I will keep taking it back periodically until it's fixed or I trade it in for something else...

Also I have been treated very well at Keyes Acura in Van Nuys (L.A. CA). Every time it goes in I get a rental for the duration of the fix...

The bottom line for me is that this is cosmetic and not mechanical... and therefore not a big deal... It might become (a big deal) later... but for now I out nothing out of pocket... So lets rock on...

I wouldn't be so quick to trash (get rid of) a car just for a cosmetic problem...

Good luck with your decision...
Peace

Salut
Ciao