Solution to the (ridiculous) lack of auto-headlights...

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2010 | 07:17 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Red Voodoo
... or you just go to the same menu and take the LCD brightness off auto and leave it on the day setting at all times.
but then at night its blinding and distracts me
Old 03-28-2010 | 07:27 PM
Pro

Some of y'all are shady. One person refers to me as "less than smart," and another calls me a "moron" because I don't like hassling with a headlamp switch?
Excuse me, but every car I've owned with the exception of 1 has had it until now. My pos Ford first car had them, same for an Intrepid that I had to drive for an unfortunate stretch. Excuse me that I expect a little better in a 35k Acura. I don't think that makes me a moron.

That's grimy people.

What if I don't care to pay the cost if it breaks (I still bet you I won't ever have a problem with it), and like the way my car looks? Am I dumb because of that?
Old 03-28-2010 | 08:23 PM
Cruisin'

i dont even understand this thread, theres no point to it. the title is named "solution for the lack of auto-headlights", but all you answered with was keep the lights on....like ok???. theres no point in making a thread if thats all your going to say, i opened it because i thought you added a switch or did something to fix that problem, im not calling you stupid or a moron, im just saying it seems like you just wanted people to call you stupid so you could have an argument with them, because you even said "Before I see the "You're stupid dude!" flames, allow me to explain." so you know everyone is goign to reply your stupid so why you have to comment back at ppl that called you stupid and call them grimy.
Old 03-28-2010 | 09:20 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by stupidspoons
i dont even understand this thread, theres no point to it. the title is named "solution for the lack of auto-headlights", but all you answered with was keep the lights on....like ok???. theres no point in making a thread if thats all your going to say, i opened it because i thought you added a switch or did something to fix that problem, im not calling you stupid or a moron, im just saying it seems like you just wanted people to call you stupid so you could have an argument with them, because you even said "Before I see the "You're stupid dude!" flames, allow me to explain." so you know everyone is goign to reply your stupid so why you have to comment back at ppl that called you stupid and call them grimy.
I didn't want people to call me stupid. I'm a new member here and I just had something to say. I wasn't looking for arguments, just conversation.

Jesus.
Old 03-28-2010 | 11:01 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SouthernBoy
I abhor auto-on headlamps. I put them in the same category as auto-seat belts or auto-only defroster or A/C. I want to be the one who controls when and if I am to use my headlamps, not some flunky designer who may have thought it was cool to have them come on automatically.
Wow. You're really missing the point of auto-headlights. You CAN choose whether you want to control them manually or set them to the "AUTO" feature. There's an "ON" option, an "OFF" option and an "AUTO" option. The control factor is the whole point! To say that you abhor this feature is a bit much. Acura slipped by not offering this in the 04-06 TL.

Your reference to auto-seat belts is moot, as there was no option to disable the feature, ie, it was always "ON".
Old 03-28-2010 | 11:28 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by BHump

Your reference to auto-seat belts is moot, as there was no option to disable the feature, ie, it was always "ON".
What a nightmare those were!
Old 03-29-2010 | 01:06 AM
Area on my XM

I must live in the Stone Age then. None of my previous cars until I purchased my wife's Mazda 3 had auto-headlights.

Reflecting back, no auto feature on '91, '95 and '00 Miatas, '04 Mazda6, '03 Protege5, '97 Protege, '04 Toyota Tacoma, or '95 Toyota Tercel.

Hell, if I was born yesterday, I would have thought it was new technology! lol
Old 03-29-2010 | 06:05 AM
05' AT SSM

I don't understand these replies, I thout the OP is talking about lights that automatically go on when it is dark and shut off when it is light???

My old 93 Taurus had a photosensor built into the dash to detect the light.

No one wants headlights on during the day, those aren't "auto headlight" , if that were the case LOL then yeah he could just leave them on as retarted as that may seem.

Sorry OP if I,m off base but all these replies and no one associates auto light with a sensor that turns them on at night automatically and off during the day.
Old 03-29-2010 | 06:51 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by BHump
Wow. You're really missing the point of auto-headlights. You CAN choose whether you want to control them manually or set them to the "AUTO" feature. There's an "ON" option, an "OFF" option and an "AUTO" option. The control factor is the whole point! To say that you abhor this feature is a bit much. Acura slipped by not offering this in the 04-06 TL.

No sir, not really. It depends upon how they are set up - how the switch is designed to work. My last car had auto-on headlamps. The problem with their design was that you had to go past the auto position on the stalk to get to the "normal" headlamp switch position. If the TL had a design whereby it was separate from the stalk, say a switch on the dash area perhaps around the mirror switches, where you could activate or deactivate the auto-on feature and the stalk remained as is, then I would have no problem because I would have the choice and therefore, control as to whether or not I wanted to use them.
Old 03-29-2010 | 07:20 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by SouthernBoy
My last car had auto-on headlamps. The problem with their design was that you had to go past the auto position on the stalk to get to the "normal" headlamp switch position.

What's the problem with that, as the majority wants the auto headlight feature, one notch up and forget about it.