Sponsored by:

So the tint place scratched my car

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2004, 03:33 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So the tint place scratched my car

Oh this i a good one... not

I know the guys who work at the tint place, known them since high school, and the owner I have known somewhat as well since I brought every car I ever had to them since I was 16 yrs old.

I dropped the car off at 9am, had the guy I know to drive me home, as we drove home I kept being a pest and telling him that I just washed the car, it is brand fu**ing new, there is not a peice of lint on it let alone a scratch, so dont let anyone near it or touch it.. and he reassured me blah blah blah.

So i go there even though I know the car isnt ready to check up on them, and sure enough there are small little scratches above the drives side rear tire wheel well and on the drives side passenger door, looks as if they hung their feet out the car as they kneeled on the back seat to do the back window, but how they scratched over the wheel well, I have no idea. One guy who was their that does detailing tried to get it out with some stuff, but didnt help. It is a very fine few scratches but if I run my nail across it i can feel that its threw the paint, even as much as a hair line, but the scratches are white/grey and are scrartchs nut rub marks. I told them it has to be fixed, I just bought the damn car, I said I will take it back to Acura or go to an autobody shop that you recommened. SO they recommended me one. I live in a small town, everyone knows everyone else, so it is not like they arent going to take care of it, but if it turns out that the rear panel and door need to be repainted, I know they arent going to like it, and they better as hell not even give me crap about it.

I tell you, no matter how many times you warn people, even people you know, they just get careless sometimes.

Oh well... I pick up the car in 1/2 hour, I am waiting for the autobody guy to call me back or I will drive over there in the morning.

Ok I am done bitching.
Old 10-11-2004, 03:51 PM
one -n- only

sorry someone had 2 say it..
Old 10-11-2004, 04:35 PM
someone elses Avatar?????

wait till your car scratches the tint revenge is sweet
Old 10-11-2004, 05:44 PM
Racer

Ok $650 is the estimate, I want it done where my cousin works, they are amazing. I brought my 1st black car there, I told him that I am concerned that they do such good work that after they are done painting that it will make the rest of the car look like crap. He told me don't worry he bought some machine that actually replicates the factory paint jobm the wavy/orange peal effect, as opposed to the glass like look that I have seen on previous paint jobs, so he assure it will match, and he says all he will probably have to do is sand lightly and just apply the clear coat. The whole rear left side piece has to come off, and that peice goes all the way up over the doors and down to the bottom of the windshield. I thought the price would be more, he said it would have been about $100 less if it wasnt a pearl type of paint but since it is, it costs more, but anyway, those mofo's at the tint job better get ready to pay up.

Btw the scratches are so fine that you can only see then in the sunlight, night time or shadow, you cant see, but I told him I just bought a new car and shouldnt have to shrug something like this off.

Pics coming soon, its night time here, so its dark but I tried to take some pics, got semi-decent shots.
Old 10-11-2004, 05:50 PM
Kenpachi Teichou

haha geesh man .. get used to scratches. everywhere I go I get a new scratch. every time I take my car to the dealership they manage to scratch something. if I go out and park in the city it gets a new scratch. scratches are just part of life.
Old 10-11-2004, 05:57 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by oneilc
haha geesh man .. get used to scratches. everywhere I go I get a new scratch. every time I take my car to the dealership they manage to scratch something. if I go out and park in the city it gets a new scratch. scratches are just part of life.

Yeah but these arent every day nudges and bumps that I can buff out, I had 2 black cars and never got a scratch like this, only the usual expected swirl marks.
Old 10-11-2004, 05:59 PM
Instructor

Damn, all i got to say is that sucks. The hard part is that you know them, hopefully it doesn't hurt your relationship with them but if it does so be it...(its your new car) Make sure thay match your paint because my friends BMW got scratched at the dealership and thay had the hardest time matching it. (It took 3 trips to get it right) well that sucks and good luck man...
Old 10-11-2004, 06:05 PM
Pro

For the below reason is why I try not to do business with family or friends. If they f up your stuff its hard to be an ass about it. Not saying that it cant be down but for the money you save and the agravation you gain when this crap happens. Its just not worth letting a business take care of it and messing it up I have no problem chewing out someone then.
Old 10-11-2004, 06:12 PM
Racer

Just FYI, I know the owner of the tint shop because I have been going there since I was 16, I know the guy who tints with him, we used to hang a little in high school, but I see both of them maybe a few times a year at best when I go there to have signs made up for my real estate business, so it is not like we hang out. The body shop I use I like and my cousin works there, I have been going there since I was young as well, the best around.

Anyway here are the pics:

Like I said it is dark out, I will take more in the morning.

The 1st 2 pics and the last pic are on the panel right above the middle of the tire.
The 3rd pic is to the left of the tire, close to the rear passenger door.

2 this pic looks like there are over 9 scratches, there is just 3 on this part of the body, but the camera shook when I took the pic and blurred:

Old 10-11-2004, 06:14 PM
Racer

They cant be buffed out because they are too deep into the paint. Like I said, there is no reason why I shouldnt be making a fuss like I am, I mean I specifically was a pain in the ass and warned them to be careful before they even touched my car.
Old 10-11-2004, 08:12 PM
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
I'm guessing their belt buckle rubbed your car, as they were leaning across the car laying the tint on the outside of the rear glass. (To size it, etc).

What were the install guys wearing?

The place that did my tint, required that all the installers wear sweat-pants and T-shirts.
Old 10-11-2004, 08:31 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by avs007
I'm guessing their belt buckle rubbed your car, as they were leaning across the car laying the tint on the outside of the rear glass. (To size it, etc).

What were the install guys wearing?

The place that did my tint, required that all the installers wear sweat-pants and T-shirts.

That is exactly what I told the owner, I showed him how when I lean over and simulate washing the back window my pants can rub against the car, and that is what it did.

They wore jeans and they have like those handyman aprons with pockets around their waists, I just cant figure out the bottom scratches at shin level, must of been their sneakers as they kneeled with feet hanging out of the car.

They didnt even say sorry, it was like they were angry I was making a fuss, they just better shut up and not object to the $650 or they will see fuss, I wonder if they ever seen a human flip a car over, cause I will in front of them.
Old 10-11-2004, 10:24 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What tint shop did you go to? And what body shop do you hope to bring it into? Sorry about you car, it truly sucks. Some people work messy and carelessly, they dirty your car and damage it while trying to do something good. Can't seem to do good without doing some sort of damage.
Old 10-11-2004, 10:39 PM
Racer

I went to a tint place in Putnam County that I have been going to ever since I got my 1st car in my teens. The body shop is also in Putnam, one of the best around, he has amazing equipment, dust free rooms, you name it. I have been using him as well for as long as I can remember, he assures me I won't be able to tell the car was painted, will match perfect, the orange peel/factory look.
Old 10-12-2004, 10:37 AM
Banned

Best proven way of nothing but nothing except air TOUCHES your car is leaving it at home.
Don't drive it.
Old 10-12-2004, 10:39 AM
Banned

I live in a small town, everyone knows everyone else,
Since when is White Plains that small ???
Old 10-12-2004, 10:46 AM
Drifting

Received 113 Likes on 69 Posts

Well f'ing said. I bet the scratch is hardly noticeable.

What are you gonna do if a pebble kicks up and chips the hood? Make the city repaint the hood for you for having pebbles on the road? The way I see it, now that you have your first scratch, you won't be as uptight for the next one. (because there will ALWAYS be a next one.) I say it time and time again, no one here is driving a Bentley... and if you are... Can I have your Bentley?
Old 10-12-2004, 02:56 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by te3point5
Well f'ing said. I bet the scratch is hardly noticeable.

What are you gonna do if a pebble kicks up and chips the hood? Make the city repaint the hood for you for having pebbles on the road? The way I see it, now that you have your first scratch, you won't be as uptight for the next one. (because there will ALWAYS be a next one.) I say it time and time again, no one here is driving a Bentley... and if you are... Can I have your Bentley?

2 of my friends saw my car today, neither of them knew that the tint shop scratched the car, as they were admiring the tint they were like "oh SH*T what happned to the car?"

so trust me when I tell you these arent hair line scratches that come out with glaze, they are deep scratches... like i said before, this is my 3rd black car, the last 2 black cars I had for 3 yrs each and NEVER (even through 20 inches of snow) had any scratches like this before, and that is 6 yrs of driving.

Bottom line is they were careless and F*** up my car, and today in the sun i see tons more scratches that I didnt see last night when it was dark, I spent my lunch trying to get them out.

So if anyone thinks I am overeacting, I think you guys need to wake up, and at this point anyone with 1/2 a brain would make a fuss, if anyone walked out of that tint shop not making them aware AND that THEY are paying for it, then I guess you enjoy life of getting walked over, I dont, if someone does me wrong accident or not, I say something and I'd hope other people on here do the same. I have been lucky that maybe 3-4 times in my entire life I had to make a fuss about a situation, whether it was mechanics exaggerating problems on a car I had and charged me for work they did that I never asked for, or these scratches on my brand new car (and I dont mean little swirl marks that everyone has). I am not the type of person people tend to fu** because I am a nice and likeable guy and my physical appearance. Not one of the guys made a peep last night when I got pissed they just put their heads down as if they were annoyed they got caught or pissed that they damn well know there is nothing they are going to do about it if im pissed.... sorry rant mode off

6 yrs, no scractches like this after 4 hrs at the tint shop - nuff said.