Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Silver lining with a fender bender?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 09:11 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Silver lining with a fender bender?

My wife blanked and forgot that our house guest's car was in our driveway and backed into it last night. (I had almost done that same thing several times... it's just one of those things that happens.) It caved the rear bumper in severly and the trunk is bent pretty bad as well. The tail lights and rear quarter panels are fine I think.

The silver lining is that it's a WDP car with a bumper that wasn't a great match to begin with. I'll let you know if the new bumper and paint looks better.

Has anyone had a similar deal done? Is there any catches like replacing the trunk lid, etc that may cause issues?
Old 09-13-2005, 09:35 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My car was rear ended back in March. It is anthracite and originally had minor color mismatching between the metal and plastic parts, but not as bad as the WDP. The body shop did a great job of matching and blending the paint. Unfortunately, they use the same paint codes and are limited by the same EPA regulations as the factory with regard to the chemical makeup of the plastic paint. All my panels, both metal and plastic, look the same as they did when I bought the car. I had brought this same issue up to them prior to the work hoping for the same thing as you. I was even more hopeful than you because I was also pushed into the car in front of me and needed both front and rear bumpers painted. The body shop was actually glad that I was aware of the paint issues. They have had many clients with many different brands of cars who never noticed the difference until after the repaint and accused them of not matching the color properly.

So don't count too much on your color(s) matching any better than they do now.

Let us know how it goes.