Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Signed on the dotted line

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 04:26 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Signed on the dotted line

I signed the papers today for a 2004 TL Dark Green Pearl with camel interior. 6MT non navigational.
Trying to find a 6MT in the North East appears to be very hard and with the Navi even harder. I spent alot of time talking to the service department about the concerns mentioned on this site especially the Turanza debacle.
They confirmed that Acura will be doing something about the tires on a case by case basis in the near future.
The hardest part of this was trading in my '03 350Z. I woke up last night thinking about this and hoping I was doing the right thing.
I would love to see pics of the Dark Pearl Green especially with camel interior. I have read that it is a greyish green with hints of blue??
Thanks
Old 03-09-2004, 04:37 PM
The Oracle of Acurazine!

Received 44 Likes on 12 Posts
the pen you signed with.... did it have vibration?
Old 03-09-2004, 04:40 PM
Pro

So, you bought the car without even seeing the color? Dude, I hope you like it, I really do. It's a cool color, very hard to describe. It looks black from some angles and green from others. It's different so I doubt you'll see many more of those on the road.

Also, if I was you I'd have them change the tires before I signed now that I know about the problem. I'm sure you'd rather not even have to worry about the possiblity of having the vibration problem and then having to bring your car in to have the tires replaced anyway. Have it done before!

Good Luck
Old 03-09-2004, 06:57 PM
Team SSM Queen

Received 146 Likes on 75 Posts
Originally posted by apwalsh
Also, if I was you I'd have them change the tires before I signed now that I know about the problem. I'm sure you'd rather not even have to worry about the possiblity of having the vibration problem and then having to bring your car in to have the tires replaced anyway. Have it done before!

Good Luck
Supposedly the cars built starting in March are getting the remodeled Turanzas, so I would imagine the dealers won't be swapping tires on any of these cars - unless the vibration problem still exists with the new tires as well.
Old 03-09-2004, 07:29 PM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Received 561 Likes on 393 Posts
Re: Signed on the dotted line

Originally posted by Pices312
I signed the papers today for a 2004 TL Dark Green Pearl with camel interior. 6MT non navigational.
Trying to find a 6MT in the North East appears to be very hard and with the Navi even harder. I spent alot of time talking to the service department about the concerns mentioned on this site especially the Turanza debacle.
They confirmed that Acura will be doing something about the tires on a case by case basis in the near future.
The hardest part of this was trading in my '03 350Z. I woke up last night thinking about this and hoping I was doing the right thing.
I would love to see pics of the Dark Pearl Green especially with camel interior. I have read that it is a greyish green with hints of blue??
Thanks
Congrats Pices312! You've picked the richest looking color combination available. It's actually a greyish-green, more gray then green. At first glance in a dealer's well lit showroom, I mistook it for Anthracite which I had previously seen. Users Bollywood21 and Hacksawhillard have nice pics (with Parchment interior) you could see if the if the gallery was working. Its been down for so long, many of us here are wondering whether it'll ever be back.

My exact same car with Navi is now only 2½ weeks away. This is a rare combination, especially with the NAV. My order to delivery time, approx 2 months. Where's Sayville? Who's your dealer?

And oh yes, it's Deep Green Pearl.
Old 03-09-2004, 07:31 PM
Pro

Talking

welcome to the CLUB brother....good thing you saw the light and got REDEFINED
Old 03-09-2004, 08:05 PM
Safety Car

cool i am picking up my car this sat as well. i got 6MT with navi, waited for about a month for the car. they actually had a car for me 7 days after i put a down payment but it had been swapped in from another dealer. i was uncomfortable with that idea (i know it happens all the time), so i decided to get one fresh from the factory. my personal experience with getting a 6MT and navi was not that bad. everyone here says its really rare but this is the second one that they had for me in one month. guess i better knock on wood or something.
Old 03-09-2004, 08:55 PM
Advanced

Thanks for the encouragement. DMZ ,Sayville is about 55 miles East of NYC on the South Shore. I grew up in the town.
The color sounds really different and I like that.