Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Short Shifter

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2005, 05:01 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Short Shifter

Was thinking about getting this mod and read up on some threads. From what I've read it seems as if the install will cost more than the mod itself.

It also seemed as if everyone who did this mod got theirs done by their dealer. Any reason? Was it more of a trust thing knowing that Acura would do it right vs. some garage?

Also, I think I read that someone trimmed their shifter down making it lower? Has anyone else done this and what are their thoughts?

Thanks.
Old 03-05-2005, 05:19 PM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
Originally Posted by TLNJ
Was thinking about getting this mod and read up on some threads. From what I've read it seems as if the install will cost more than the mod itself.

It also seemed as if everyone who did this mod got theirs done by their dealer. Any reason? Was it more of a trust thing knowing that Acura would do it right vs. some garage?

Also, I think I read that someone trimmed their shifter down making it lower? Has anyone else done this and what are their thoughts?

Thanks.
although i have not attempted the install for the short shifter yet, i think it is intimidating to attack the front console simply because its easy to break parts and loose screws. i am not worried about the install time as much as i am about messing something up or scratching it. if the dealer does it they are more familiar with removing the pieces. while i will not be having the dealer install my short shift kit i do believe this to be a big obstacle.