Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sheeeeet! It's only an Acura!

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2005, 12:07 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sheeeeet! It's only an Acura!

Brought home a brand new fully load DWP-Parch Navi(not even two months ago), and found a notice from the landlord that he was jack'n my rent 10%! I live in the Fairview ghetto of Anchorage Alaska too! Maybe I should've settled for the 'fire chicken or mal-bu'! Wonder why the neighbors aren't being asked to pay-up? Time to start pack'n!
Old 12-31-2005, 12:18 AM
tTLiang

Originally Posted by misokisu
Brought home a brand new fully load DWP-Parch Navi(not even two months ago), and found a notice from the landlord that he was jack'n my rent 10%! I live in the Fairview ghetto of Anchorage Alaska too! Maybe I should've settled for the 'fire chicken or mal-bu'! Wonder why the neighbors aren't being asked to pay-up? Time to start pack'n!
now that's "cold" even for Alaska.
Old 12-31-2005, 12:57 AM
Cruisin'

I'm the lead guy that keeps all the water, heat and sewage flowing for the Army base here. Some folks think I must be as rich as Dick Cheney (Damn, I'm just a glorified plumber.....doing the best I can for the "TROOPS')
Old 12-31-2005, 12:59 AM
Instructor

Thats a bummer but according to page 32 of the Alaska landlord/Tennant act http://www.dced.state.ak.us/occ/pub/landlord.pdf Unless there is a lease, the landlord is legally entitled to raise the rent by any amount. But the landlord must give the tenant at least 30 days notice before the increase takes effect on a month-to-month tenancy.

Tenants then have two choices:
• they can agree to pay the rent, or
• they can move out.

Just curious, what is your rent and how big is your place?
Old 12-31-2005, 01:20 AM
Cruisin'

He's giving two months notice, which is legal, but 90 days is what I use to give customers to pay up accounts overdue, or inform them of changing policy. I'll be fine. But damnnnn, if you're going to rent and buy a sweet TL, sell the 4x4 pickup and scooter (at least hide them) or folks may have......collective thoughts about your paycheck
Old 12-31-2005, 06:13 AM
Aaaarrrggghhhh!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lots of people will try to pick your pockets if they think you do well. For some reason, they think they should be able to enjoy your success.

Before my wife became a stay-at home-mom, our daycare tried to up our rate 60% just b/c they thought we could afford it!(they knew I had a good job, just built our 2nd home and had what they consider "fancy" cars)... We had a Camry, Jeep(lol), and the TL... not very fancy in my eyes, but other people there drive up in 1985 Ford Tempo's, so they see a TL as a Ferrari.

100 families at the daycare and only 10 of us got singled out for that increase. We pulled the kids out the day before the increase went into effect..

I chose NOT to let the daycare share in my success
Old 12-31-2005, 08:04 AM
Administrator

Received 1,016 Likes on 577 Posts
Originally Posted by misokisu
Sorry to hear about your problems and hope everything works out for you, but this thread belongs in the Ramblings Forum. Since we can't move threads into other forums, please repost there if you wish to continue this discussion.

Also, I removed your AVATAR and sent you a Private Message on the 27th of December, which you have not acknowledged receipt of. This is probably why you wondered what happened to your avatar and reposted it.

I have removed it again. Please read your PM. If you cannot find it, let me know and I will send it again.

This thread is closed.