Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

She was stolen today

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 07:00 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Nicki
just wondering; you're glad you have lojack on your cars; but you wouldn't want them back.

interesting... why would you waste money getting it on 2 cars then?
I was actually being cynical.

The other car is my daughter's car. So I def would want that back. I would want them to catch them but after the time so I can get my mods off of MY car, but I wouldn't want it back as far as ownership. Sorry I didn't make that clear before. Make sense? Anyway, just laff at the jokes man! Stop analyzing! LOL!
Old 04-21-2007, 07:02 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Originally Posted by consultauto
Sorry to hear about your situation, I know how you feel, I had my integra GSR stolen and found it myself in the same day, fortunately I saw my car being driven by some punk ass, after riding around town with my brother, we spot my car at a stop light, I was very fortunate to see my car and the punk mother f----r, I got out of my brothers cars,walked up to the punk and my car an exacted revenge. Long story short, my damages were a broken ignition and his broken yaw. Hope you get your ride asap, new or your old ride.
Now that is justice! Though I would also whid dat ass for being seen inside of 30 days after fawkin' up my car!!! :angryfire
Old 04-21-2007, 08:19 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Man that sucks. I reall hope you get what you want because I know that would suck. I really hope nothing like that happenes to me(inshallah)
Old 04-21-2007, 08:51 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SlimTL
Vector,
What city are you in?

Atlanta, GA
Old 04-21-2007, 08:59 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by TacoBellSauce
mah bad, that was your TL?
lol j/p

chances are it will be declared totalled and if u can, def get the 335i coupe
but if i were u id put a deposit down on it

my friend had to wait a month for his coupe to come in

Yeah I actually test drove it today just for kicks. They apparently are only available on order - especially if I want a 6 spd - and it's gonna take 2 months! Car is a frickin' rocket and hugs the curves like it was super glued....absolutely owns the road.

BTW the interior look sux compares to the TL though. Material quality is great but look and feel is just

Thanks for everyone's support!!
Old 04-21-2007, 09:42 PM
HEK
Team Nighthawk Mambo King

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry for your loss and can say that I've dreamt that it had happened to me so that when I woke up I ran to my driiveway to make sure, thnk God where I work its assigned parking and my driveway is monitored by my Labrador who thinks he is a Pitbull.....
Old 04-21-2007, 10:17 PM
GO DAWGS!! SICK'EM!!

Originally Posted by vector7777
Atlanta, GA
man, what areas in Atlanta since I work in Atlanta.
Old 04-21-2007, 11:10 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by TL1999
man, what areas in Atlanta since I work in Atlanta.

Me too. I just got mine as well, so I definitely wanna know which areas to avoid.
Old 04-21-2007, 11:35 PM
05 TL

Originally Posted by JAB00
That sucks. Sounds like a professional job. Unless someone had a key with the chip it wasn't some yahoo joyrider.
How hard is it to steal a TL? Not breaking into it or towing it, but driving it away...

It has a Chipped key, but I'm sure that just slows them down. I was looking at the Insurance most stolen cars, and there arent any newer Acuras on the list... And not really alot of new cars... (I want to know why anyone would steal Taurus... Ever! )
Old 04-22-2007, 01:19 AM
MR1
05/5AT/Navi/ABP/Quartz

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by Kracker
How hard is it to steal a TL? Not breaking into it or towing it, but driving it away...

It has a Chipped key, but I'm sure that just slows them down. I was looking at the Insurance most stolen cars, and there arent any newer Acuras on the list... And not really alot of new cars... (I want to know why anyone would steal Taurus... Ever! )
Cause they sold a ton of them. Parts are in demand. TL theft must be special order or they just had easy way to get it.
Old 04-22-2007, 05:36 AM
gimme a 4G !!

As most have said, my condolences for your loss.

However, the positive spin on this is be thankful wasn't lost in a carjacking or a situation that could have resulted in a loss of more than your car.

Best of luck with the insurance. A G6?
Old 04-22-2007, 05:53 AM
Racer

Assuming I don't get it back, the TL-S is definitely in the top 2. I do want to test drive a 335i coupe though. I feel like a shmuck for actually thinking about my next car the same day my car was stolen!
I would stay away from the 335 until they fix the overheating problems.
Old 04-22-2007, 06:03 AM
Instructor

Sorry for the loss, it could have been a lot more worse where you could have been in the middle of it. My cousin was held at gun point once for his Lexus IS.

I cant say i know how you feel right now, but i agree if that were to happen to me i probably wouldnt want the car back, it will bother me every time i step foot in the car.

Hope things work out for you.
Old 04-22-2007, 11:20 AM
Banned

Sorry to hear that. I'm kind of fortunate to have security cameras and a guard at my workplace.
Old 04-22-2007, 11:56 AM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Man I totally feel your pain, my brothers 06 altima rims were taken outta my driveway. He didnt have any locks or anything, but the thieves only gotta way with 3 rims guess the car was at a tilt and they couldnt get the third. Woke up monday morning to see the car sitting on cinder blocks.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:53 AM
Intermediate

have u heard anything on your car yet?
Old 04-25-2007, 11:06 AM
Team Nighthawk member

Sorry for your loss. Keep us updated!
Old 04-25-2007, 11:52 AM
B A N N E D

anything yet
Old 04-25-2007, 02:54 PM
nnInn

Received 1,084 Likes on 646 Posts
Originally Posted by consultauto
Sorry to hear about your situation, I know how you feel, I had my integra GSR stolen and found it myself in the same day, fortunately I saw my car being driven by some punk ass, after riding around town with my brother, we spot my car at a stop light, I was very fortunate to see my car and the punk mother f----r, I got out of my brothers cars,walked up to the punk and my car an exacted revenge. Long story short, my damages were a broken ignition and his broken yaw. Hope you get your ride asap, new or your old ride.

Isn't that the greatest felling in the world.

My roommate woke me up one night about 2am (back in '92), she said she thought someone was breaking into my car, 91 GTI. I grabbed my pump handle shotgun, went outside, sure enough some punk was in my car. I walked around the car to the passenger side, stood back a few feet and asked he what he was doing. He turned around like he was going to jump me, when he saw the shotgun all I could see was white, he's eyes got SO big. He put down the screwdriver and kept saying he was sorry, I backed away to let him run away. Never saw him again.

The dumbass was trying to pry out the stereo with the screw driver, it was a pop out unit.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:56 PM
Can You Feel It?

Damn man this shit sucks balls...big balls!!!

I had my lip spoiler stolen from me twice one on the trunk and the other on the roof. I was pissed after noticing it. But I can picture myself flip out if my TL was stolen. People sucks BALLS!!! no respect for other people property. Well I hope the best for ya!
Old 04-25-2007, 02:58 PM
Can You Feel It?

Originally Posted by jupitersolo

My roommate woke me up one night about 2am (back in '92), she said she thought someone was breaking into my car, 91 GTI. I grabbed my pump handle shotgun, went outside, sure enough some punk was in my car. I walked around the car to the passenger side, stood back a few feet and asked he what he was doing. He turned around like he was going to jump me, when he saw the shotgun all I could see was white, he's eyes got SO big. He put down the screwdriver and kept saying he was sorry, I backed away to let him run away. Never saw him again.

The dumbass was trying to pry out the stereo with the screw driver, it was a pop out unit.
damn...LAMO!!!..I would "F" that motherflower up so bad his mom wouldn't recongize him...
Old 04-25-2007, 03:21 PM
06 GBM AT TSX + 35% TINT

sorry for your loss, where in ATL do you work? I want to avoid that area as much as possible now
Old 04-25-2007, 03:24 PM
B A N N E D

yea man honestly i have no idea how u didnt beat his ass. I wouldve hit him with the shotgun in the chest.
Old 04-25-2007, 03:46 PM
nnInn

Received 1,084 Likes on 646 Posts
Originally Posted by Slammed_JDM
yea man honestly i have no idea how u didnt beat his ass. I wouldve hit him with the shotgun in the chest.

Originally Posted by FuZionBreeZe
damn...LAMO!!!..I would "F" that motherflower up so bad his mom wouldn't recongize him...

It was just some teenager and I didn't want to do anything, just protect my property.
Old 04-25-2007, 04:30 PM
Advanced

Sorry to hear about your loss...Hang in there.
Old 04-25-2007, 04:38 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 120 Likes on 93 Posts
Well if this was a pro job like it sounds like, chances are you'll never see the car again. I'm on board with the I dont want it back if stolen. Who knows the abuse that it went through and how many problems you'll face down the line because of it.
Old 04-25-2007, 06:33 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

It was just some teenager and I didn't want to do anything, just protect my property.
I would have:

1) Either let him go like you did

2) Stomped both his hands

3) Talked to him at gunpoint. Some of these kids just need this type of shit to make them come full circle. I probably would have done this one. Seriously, unless I was in a foul mood. I love helping out the future, even when they don't want to help themselves. The more of them that work, the more social security I get. You know how they made that fucked up system!
Old 04-25-2007, 06:37 PM
they go wooooot wooooot

good luck, its the worst feeling in the world having something stolen. dont worry, youll get your revenge (which is more important to me than the car).
Old 04-25-2007, 11:33 PM
Instructor

my civic SI was stolen, dammaged and stereo stripped and i made a larger profit after insurance. I was planning on selling it anyways. it worked out best for me in the long run. COPS actually called me from the for sale sign on the car before i could report it.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:00 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Patel0606
have u heard anything on your car yet?

No news yet guys.

I talked to the detective on Monday morning and they hadn't seen it. About 72 hours had passed by then so I really don't expect to see it now. Most people I talk to that have had their cars stolen usually get it back right away. That's fine...now I just gotta get through the next month in the rental. Hopefully it won't turn up.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:04 AM
Instructor

Oh yeah....the insurer does not want to cover my personal property in the car unless I file a homeowner's insurance claim. That means I gotta pay a separate deductible for the auto and homeowner's policy. Is this normal??
Old 04-26-2007, 08:32 AM
04 NBP 6MT

Oh yeah....the insurer does not want to cover my personal property in the car unless I file a homeowner's insurance claim. That means I gotta pay a separate deductible for the auto and homeowner's policy. Is this normal??
Yes. But check your policy just to make sure.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:49 AM
Pimpin' Ain't Easy!

Originally Posted by darksom1
I would have:

1) Either let him go like you did

2) Stomped both his hands

3) Talked to him at gunpoint. Some of these kids just need this type of shit to make them come full circle. I probably would have done this one. Seriously, unless I was in a foul mood. I love helping out the future, even when they don't want to help themselves. The more of them that work, the more social security I get. You know how they made that fucked up system!
i hate you for that LMAO.... working for you old farts SUCKS! haha jk jk
Old 04-26-2007, 02:30 PM
Intermediate

sorry to hear.. just wondering if you purchased the factory alarm with the car? b/c don't they warrant some reimbursement money for a stolen car within the first 3 years you've owned the car? i think it might even be full recovery.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:03 PM
Instructor

I think I know where your car is! It's with "Overhaulin'" - Chip Foose is making it look like a gem!
...Just to cheer you up a little! Sorry, if it didn't work...
Old 04-26-2007, 07:38 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by mrhenchen
sorry to hear.. just wondering if you purchased the factory alarm with the car? b/c don't they warrant some reimbursement money for a stolen car within the first 3 years you've owned the car? i think it might even be full recovery.

Hmmm....I don't know anything about a factory alarm. Is this a dealer option??
Old 04-27-2007, 12:00 AM
still dippin

sorrry to hear that...damn theives
Old 05-19-2007, 07:52 PM
Instructor

Yup....right out of my work parking lot. My 06TL 6MT with A-Spec wheels was picked off this morning while parked amongst a couple dozen bimmers, mercs and other cars worth twice as much. It looks like a completely professional job. No broken glass or any trace of the car even being there. I assume someone got a key somehow or maybe even just towed it away.

So I filed a police report and called the insurance company. The insurer is saying that if the car doesn't turn up, I have to wait 30 days before they settle the claim. So now I'm stuck in a rental G6 for a month.

Honestly, as much as I loved that car, I don't think I want it back. Just feels like an invasion of my personal space. I guess the best case scenario for me right now is that the car turns up soon and is stripped completely for parts and is declared totaled. Either that or the jackass that stole it wraps it around a tree and they have to scrape him off the pavement. I'm hoping for the second option. :angryfire

Trying to think of the bright side though...at least I wasn't anywhere near the car when it happened.

Just to give an update. I had a deposit down on a TL-S Black / Ebony 6 speed for delivery on Monday - the 30 days will be up on Sunday. Thought my car was long gone until I got a call this morning. They found the car without wheels and gear shift knob. The only real damage is that the car had to be dragged onto the tow truck so the trim is screwed and I assume parts of the underbody are also since it's pretty much sitting on its rotors. It also looks like it had been sitting out for a while (bird poop, slightly dulled paint, etc.). And it smells like cigarette smoke.

I just can't frickin' believe the car turned up on day 29!!! I really did not want to see it back at this point. Ugh. I highly doubt it will be declared totaled. Now if I can only find a way to get out of this lease even if it's at a loss.
Old 05-19-2007, 08:04 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Just to give an update. I had a deposit down on a TL-S Black / Ebony 6 speed for delivery on Monday - the 30 days will be up on Sunday. Thought my car was long gone until I got a call this morning. They found the car without wheels and gear shift knob. The only real damage is that the car had to be dragged onto the tow truck so the trim is screwed and I assume parts of the underbody are also since it's pretty much sitting on its rotors. It also looks like it had been sitting out for a while (bird poop, slightly dulled paint, etc.). And it smells like cigarette smoke.

I just can't frickin' believe the car turned up on day 29!!! I really did not want to see it back at this point. Ugh. I highly doubt it will be declared totaled. Now if I can only find a way to get out of this lease even if it's at a loss.
Daaaayyyuuummm!!! What the hell kind of criminals are they? Those friggin' animals! They didn't even wash it? I can't believe they brought the car back day 29!!! Oh man, I would be so pissed! That's like trying to jump off a bridge and kill yourself, and wind up paralyzed! Ya gotta deal with a fucked up situation and nothing you can do about it! That's where you are now...unless you hire Roscoe and Big Paul to come and finish the job right! Sledgehammer!!!

In all seriousness, that's fucked up! Cigarette smoke too? Total disrespect. Go get your money back, and get your mind right. Think of the bright side: At least you weren't anywhere nearby (just like when they took it) when they brought the car back - you would have freaked out! A few mods later, and this will be just a bad dream...
Old 05-19-2007, 08:19 PM
steeez

ahhh 1 more day.. seriously man, i'm sorry. and frankly i'm kinda mad FOR you... that fuckin bites.. i wouldnt want to see my car again after all of that either. its not even the fucked up underbody or the stolen aspec rims.. all of that can be replaced. its like an invasion of privacy.. it wont feel the same driving in it knowing what its been through etc etc.. kinda similar to getting your car majorly messed up in a car accident that wasnt your fault.. and instead of hearing its totaled to get a new 1, they declare it fixable and youre now drivin around with a salvaged title from front body and engine damage :[ how much longer on your lease? GOODLUCk

Quick Reply: She was stolen today